General Discussion
  • OM617OM617

February 2015
    176 Reputation
    I have been watching them since a few months after finding out about Momoclo in 2013. The colors video is what finally cemented my interest in them. Right now, Haurna and Nao are my favorites.
    Haurna has great energy in live performances, an interesting personality and kawaii smile.
    Nao has a great voice, an amazing smile and is very photogenic.

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    Colors is such an exceptional song idol or not-sans language barrier just melodically it's fantastic. I love those members too. Both have lovely voices as well. I really love Nao's solo towards the end of Colors. She also has this cool-almost model-esque vibe about her that I like so she may be my second favorite at the moment. I haven't 'discovered' their personalities yet but I'll be doing my research. I'm still just drooling over their live shows. They all really have nice voices.

• asan

February 2015
    462 Reputation
    I listen to Syachi a lot, but can't seem to get into anything beyond that. Concerts don't seem to add anything to the CD recordings. Maybe I'm spoiled by MomoClo. The TV show is worse, because the Taconiji segment has more personality than all the rest combined. I guess they're too ... smooth for my taste?

• February 2015
    116 Reputation
    I'm also in the boat where I'm really liking a lot of their songs but I've yet to have a firm grasp of the member's characters/personality and dynamic as a group. Nao seems to be the really responsible one, and Honoka's voice alone makes me laugh; they're sort of my top two ATM. Haruna's making her way up my list as well.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I actually like the fact that it's not a case of everyone having their special character traits they have to portray everywhere.
    They are just themselves, and as that nuttier than the other groups in my opinion. My favorite changes from day to day therefore.
    Although I do love Honoka's gentle smile the best :)

• ColeenaColeena

February 2015
    174 Reputation
    lmao whatever never mind, apparently just my stupid delusions.

• asan

February 2015
    462 Reputation
    Half of Syachi are professional models, and all of Syachi is the opposite of shy. I'd say they're the least next door in all of Stardust.

• February 2015
    116 Reputation
    It's not that I want to attach archetypes to them, but just know em more in general. Usually that happens with watching videos; I just haven't been up to date with Syachi stuff. I need to dig around more, and watch more concerts too!

• ColeenaColeena

February 2015
    174 Reputation
    asan said:

Half of Syachi are professional models, and all of Syachi is the opposite of shy. I'd say they're the least next door in all of Stardust.

That's not what I meant (I never said any of them were shy), I was trying to say that they're easier to relate to. Wasn't trying to offend anyone, I was just giving my impressions.

• February 2015
    449 Reputation
    ^ I don't know what your earlier post said, but they also give me the feeling of being the most laid-back, "normal" girls on the Stardust roster. Not to say that they don't look or act like idols, because they do, but they definitely seem more relaxed and amicable than most of the other groups. I get what you mean.

• mocha21mocha21

February 2015
    380 Reputation
    This laid-back feeling is brought by the leader Honoka alone lol. The other girls are pretty far from what we define as "normal" and it's even on the stardust level of normal, their LINE videos always made me crack up laughing. I'm one of the person who also prefer to blast the whole Himatsubushi in the morning over watching their performances or tv shows, I don't know why, but my favorite would be Yuzuki, because you know, that nose.

• February 2015
    116 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

This laid-back feeling is brought by the leader Honoka alone lol.

You might have a point lol. Honoka seems easy-going and blissfully mellow at all times, with her airy voice as well.

• StiigStiig

February 2015
    34 Reputation
    To me they have the songs that resonate with my taste the most. Stardust Bowling blew me away with the base guitar and got me in to the group.
    Shy to say I have been following them more than Momoclo the last few weeks.
    I change favorites with these girls all the time
    -Gentle Honoka
    -Amazing singer Chiyu
    -Cool Nao
    -Out of this world smile Haruna
    -To me Yuzupon is a wierd choice for pink, but that wins it for me
    -Only just realised Yuzukis power when I watched this video from the 3Bjunior concert(Link below), where the Takoyaki Rainbow purple also shone for me for the first time. Guess Reni is hard to top as purple ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQ9ByhZTvA

• February 2015
    46 Reputation

-Gentle Honoka
    -Amazing singer Chiyu
    -Cool Nao
    -Out of this world smile Haruna
    -To me Yuzupon is a wierd choice for pink, but that wins it for me
    -Only just realised Yuzukis power when I watched this video from the 3Bjunior concert(Link below)

I agree with you in everything lol

Nao is without a doubt my favorite. Also, Syachi is going to be my favorite group, I think. I pay more atention to them than Momoclo, recently. Both are my favorites groups but now I feel syachi more funny sometimes...

• February 2015
    221 Reputation
    Team Syachihoko at Downtown DX. Feb 5, 2015

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    Since I'm new to the whole idol craze, I really don't have any expectations or the luxury of being able to consume idol culture. I don't what a typical idol is, you know so my assessment of these groups is based solely on the craft. As with Momoclo, I was introduced to this group through their lives and a for me, your live show says a lot about your craft. They're really good live singers collectively and individually and that played a huge part in my decision to support this group. Similarly, Momoclo's lives blew me away albeit for different reasons. The girls of Momoclo are about showmanship. They capture your attention with their enthusiasm and high energy so when I buy a single or an album, a lot times the excitement and fun is replicated. At the end of the day, music and entertainment consumption is about positive experiences and we all define these experiences differently. Some people need the whole package from the personalities, the performances to the music itself; some don't need anything at but the feel good factor.

• OM617OM617

February 2015
    176 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

I don't know why, but my favorite would be Yuzuki, because you know, that nose.

If we are going by physical features, I would have to say Yuzu's overbite fascinates me. I've come to think of it as a positive defining feature instead of an oddity.
    I also like how she has become more assertive. It seems like in Shuto Iten Keikaku and earlier she was the "runt" of the group getting pushed to the back by the others, but she has quickly been getting more and more of the spotlight as seen in the Dakishimete Anthem dance video and colors performance.

I would also like if Honoka had more solo time. She has some great moments but to me it feels like most of her vocals are heavily supplemented with backup vocals and audio effects. She also doesn't stand out as much as I think she should as leader. It feels more like Nao or Yuzu is leader.

• February 2015
    3398 Reputation
    A leader doesn't have to be the center. C-ute's Maimi, Berryz' Captain or babyraids' Erika are all examples of leaders who are a lot less present than other teammates.
    A leader has to be able to unite a group with her character and/or be able to take the most pressure under stress.
    Sometimes a person who stands out would be the worst choice for a leader actually :)
    And it seems in both aspects Honoka is ideal in the position.

• February 2015
    262 Reputation
    OM617 said:

If we are going by physical features, I would have to say Yuzu's overbite fascinates me.

for real though, she should probably get that checked/fixed. that's probably going to cause her a lot of pain and trouble in the future.

for my part, I'll say that Haruna's lazy/crossed eyes always crack me up.

• eyelesseyeless

February 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Syachi is the loudest idol group I've ever known. I just wonder why machigachi is not as interesting as it should be. On the contrary with Ebichu global, I have a low expectation because most of their members are shy, but turns out to be great.

Nao is my favorite member, she's brilliant. Probably this girl is too smart for being idol :)