• asan

July 2012
    462 Reputation
    Saturday was the 5th stop of the tour, Kobe, at the World Memorial Hall. It's the biggest location apart from Seibu Dome.

For her solo she stood above the score board, 30m up from the floor [I presume she means the one above the stage, not suspended in the center]. Unfortunately she has no pictures.

The venue is almost 30 years old but they told her this was the first time it was used that way. Yay!

"I'd like if singing above screens became a thing now :D"

The last [hawt] picture is her civvies of the day. In her mind it looks like a mermaid. Various staff members complimented it.

• kei_86

July 2012
    10 Reputation
    In the beginning I didn't really pay much attention to A-rin as well, since the princess-like character is quite common among other idols but after a while she did grew on me the more i watch their shows. Her family relationship is just... unique and interesting. Plus she's pretty good in her MC skills too.

But the song Datte~ A-rin nandamon just blew my mind away. /jump That's is just one level higher than anything else I have ever seen. It's just so freaking adorable and the call chants are just so unique!

• July 2012
    14 Reputation
    excuse my pervyness but I find that a-rin is the most sexual of the girls D: those solo unit songs help /rofl random thoughts

• eyelesseyeless

July 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    You're not the only one, MTE /yup

• asan

August 2012
    462 Reputation
    Yesterday she wrote about being on Folk Village:

I got to sing Yamaguchi Momoe's Akizakura. I was very excited when I learned about that. I'm really sorry that I was so out of key despite that.

I know it was a thousand years too early for me, but I'm also glad I got to try...

Even so, making such a hash of the actual performance was for lack of practice.

I thank Mr. Sakazaki for being nice about it and everybody for listening to the end. That made me really happy.

All the more reason for me to change. I will practice a lot more.

• eyelesseyeless

August 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    yeah, she's so out of key when performing that song. But she's good when singing Hashire at the beginning. Lack or practice + nervous. Even Kanako missed the timing.

• eyelesseyeless

September 2012
    2256 Reputation
    Just for fun, Ahrin wa Hankouki remix

-------

And Ahrin video

I don't understand what r they talking about at the end

• asan

September 2012
    462 Reputation
    At YokoAri Panorama the stage was symmetrical so they had trouble orienting themselves, especially in the dark, like during their own glowstick waving in Hashire. Aarin got the idea that while the whole room will be full of glowsticks, the left center will have a dark spot where the audio engineers put up their consoles. This became the reference point. The middle guy just can't get over how awesome her thinking was.

• eyelesseyeless

September 2012
    2256 Reputation
    On the new Momokuro Dan, Is it just me or Ahrin looks skinnier?

• eyelesseyeless

September 2012
    2256 Reputation
    How moe can Ahrin get? /rofl

• asan

September 2012
    462 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Is it just me or Ahrin looks skinnier?

Compared to what? I don't know how many they tape in one go.

Doesn't look any different to me, but the otome sensou costumes are pretty unforgiving if you pull the skirt higher, e.g. after sitting.

• eyelesseyeless

September 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Compared to what she used to look like /nyahaha

I don't know, probably the costume

• untaloeuntaloe

September 2012
    23 Reputation

excuse my pervyness but I find that a-rin is the most sexual of the girls D: those solo unit songs help /rofl random thoughts

Lol hi 5,

ahrin is the sexiest member among them /nosebleed , also most cute /love , (my opinion)

• October 2012
    38 Reputation
    Ahrin is probably my least favorite member, but that doesn't mean I don't like her. I simply don't care for her princess persona and cutesy singing style. When she steps out of her "idol" character she's pretty nice with a beautiful rich voice. She also has a lot of self-confidence. I watched some videos of her in her pre-MomoClo years and even at age 10 or 11 she was already "Ahrin dayoo!" For a girl who is now just barely in her late teens I admire the total command she has over a large audience of primarily older men all shouting her name.

She seems to be turning into a big art lover. Her latest blog mentions a couple of museum exhibitions she visited this year. Google made its usual mess of the translation, but this line made perfect sense to me:

"The moment I saw, I drank the breath."

This upon viewing Vermeer's "Girl With A Pearl Earring." That painting had the same effect on me.

• asan

October 2012
    462 Reputation
    I'm not sure what that effect would be. The correct translation is "took my breath away".

• October 2012
    38 Reputation
    asan said:

I'm not sure what that effect would be. The correct translation is "took my breath away".

Come on asan, lighten up a little and use your imagination. That's exactly the effect I mean, and I knew that was what Ahrin meant. "I drank the breath" may be a poor translation, but with a little poetic application it captures the feeling quite vividly. But I view the world artistically rather than literally anyway, so something like this would catch my attention. Anyway, never mind that, it's nice to learn that Ahrin has such an interest in art.

• asan

October 2012
    462 Reputation
    Sorry, but I'm at that stage where you notice how much badly translated Japanese is on the internet but not yet beyond caring.

• October 2012
    5201 Reputation
    A long interview of A-rin is placed in the released magazine next week.
    「力が足りてないから理想のレベルを落とすんじゃなくて、
    揺るがない理想に向かって、進んでいかなくちゃいけない」

http://www.ohtabooks.com/quickjapan/backnumber/vol104/2012/10/02161603.html

• October 2012
    5201 Reputation

• October 2012
    5201 Reputation
    【ももクロ新ユニット誕生!その名は『あーりんやす』】

A-rinyasu /rofl