Momoclo Bluray Concert Recommendations?
  • May 2014
    567 Reputation
    Hi all,

I'm itching to get a new MCZ concert on blu-ray and having a hard time deciding what to get (since they have so many!).

I own the following:
    Momoiro Christmas 2011 Saitama Super Arena
    Momoclo Haru No Ichidaiji 2012 Yokohama Arena Masaka No 2 Days
    World Summer Dive 2013 Nissan Stadium

Any recommendations on a must-have concert to add to my collection?

Thanks!

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Good question. You came to the right place. :p I think between everyone there'll be an opinion on all of them but of course people will have their own opinions! :)

I myself own... no Blu-Rays... :(

• Maka

May 2014
    30 Reputation
    I recommend GOUNN and the new upcoming blu ray of Christmas concert 2013! GOUNN is visually impressive and a treat to see and Christmas 2013 for MCZ in nun style and plus, it's the newest one!

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1774 Reputation
    The one that impressed me the most for it's blu-ray quality was Momoiro Christmas 2012. To me is the one that feels "more HD" They wore some shiny and some fluffy costumes and you feel like you can touch it.

I actually use this a wallpaper from time to time cause I really like it: (I'll put in under spoiler because is quite big)
    Spoiler:

Onna Matsuri and Otoko Matsuri 2012 were awesome as well (probably Otoko better, but that depends on your taste).

Now that you made me think of it I realized I love every 2012 concert.

• eyelesseyeless

May 2014
    2265 Reputation
    My favorite is Otoko Matsuri 2012, but Haru no Ichidaiji series are always good, 2013 one is really flashy and I love everything about this concert, and probably you should wait for 2014 Kokuritsu one to be released, I bet it's gonna be really expensive giant box :)

• OM617OM617

May 2014
    176 Reputation
    Momoclo Haru No Ichidaiji 2012 for sure. It has the Momoclo★All Stars 2012 solo performances.

• May 2014
    925 Reputation
    Include Bakasawagi 2012. It includes the Seibu Dome concert as well as the concert in NHK Hall and has a total of 5 discs. 2 per concert and 1 for bonus footage

• sskssk

May 2014
    16 Reputation
    GOUNN is visually very impressive. I'm definitely getting Momoiro Christmas 2013 next month.

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1774 Reputation
    I love how we basically recommend every Blu-ray they've ever released =)) . Just don't get Kodomo Matsuri, and if you have to, get 2012, 2013 was unbearable for me.

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    I'd also say you pretty much can't go wrong with eighter of the "Big4" (Haru, Natsu, Otoko/Onna, Christmas) of 2012! To me the 12 concerts still have the best setlist somehow. SummerDive2013 is also a fav of mine, just for the pure epicness :D

• May 2014
    567 Reputation
    @Invader - That is indeed a wallpaper worthy picture!

Haha, thanks for the recommendations guys. Yep, just as I figured, I'm screwed. I think I need to set up some sort of direct deposit from my paycheck with CDJapan at this point. \m/

GOUNN does look pretty slick with set, costumes and production so I will add that to my short list (plus I haven't seen those songs performed live yet) . Have a feeling I will grab another one too, probably one of the many 2012 concerts you guys recommended. Leaning towards Bakasawagi Summer 2012 or Otoko/Onna to see Momoclo in different venues. Eventually, I'll get them all. @-)

• Nantok

May 2014
    589 Reputation
    I recommend to get Onna Matsuri 2012 if you are an Aarin fan because of the excellent A~rin wa Hankouki perfomance. Or just get it because it is an amazing concert. ;)

And Peach for the Stars is a must-have in my opinion. I can't believe it has only been mentioned once so far. :P

• OM617OM617

May 2014
    176 Reputation
    Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2011 was another great concert. They went all out being their first full recording and saying goodbye to Akari.

• May 2014
    925 Reputation
    The Haru no Ichidaiji 2011 Blu-ray also includes a letter from Akarin. Too bad a box of tissues wasn't included because you need one.

I think Summer Dive 2011 would be a nice addition as well since it would be their first concert where they sold more seats than the original amount plus a sentai-esque battle and even had to hand-cut the grass on the standing seats for the fans rather than having staff members do it for them.

I would recommend World Summer Dive 2013 since it's probably the concert with the most amount of mononofus gathered in one stadium but I was told it's not really worth it. according to a fellow mononofu, the CG wasn't good and they didn't really utilize the grass and the carts that well even though they somewhat danced on the grass, ran on the track and played soccer in the middle of Pinky Jones. So basically it depends on your end on whether to buy the DVD or not and your own opinion.

MomoKuri 2012 is basically SSA part 2 but with more stage designs, a cartoony battle and including more songs, UFOs, and launching autographed plastic balls at the audience. And it's also held after they were told of their first appearance in Kouhaku which has been their dream since the beginning.
    2013 is held at Seibu Dome so it's probably the coldest concert they've ever held until it got really hot and mononofus stripped down from sweaters to tank tops. But they did include snow during Kimi Yuki (for Momokuri 2010, they said they wanted it to snow in the venue and they finally did it but the snow was styrofoam). They also included Twinkle5 having a guest appearance to promote Tenshi to Jump that premiered just hours after the concert as well as the announcement of the venue for Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 at Kokuritsu, the dream they announced after conquering Kouhaku just almost a year prior to the concert. The setlist also included some classic Christmas songs and a very teary Ano Sora he Mukatte where some of them can't even sing their lines without breaking down in tears. I highly recommend it since about 3 hours of it was streamed (the first hour on TV and the rest through ustream) and the setting was amazing.

Kodomo Matsuri mostly depends. 2013 was more kid friendly with the concert consisting entirely of skits more than singing. There are guest appearances and even a dance lesson by Yumi-sensei for the teletama theme song. The main skit approached otakus into tokusatsu but can appeal to kids. Also includes Aarin Robo's debut.
    2012 also included skits but were more random and the first one was more rebellious since the girls acted like children who wouldn't listen to their instructor. Songs include some of their solo songs (the one best fitted for rebellious children being Aarin wa Hankouki), Single Bed, Osaretai, CoCo Natsu and introducing Mite Mite Kocchicchi with Pikachu and Meloetta as guest stars.

• May 2014
    567 Reputation
    ^Thanks for that write up MizukiChan

I ended up grabbing GOUNN and Otoko/Onna Matsuri for now. Also ordered the 3BJunior Live Final bluray since I've been loving Team Syachihoko and Takoyaki Rainbow so much recently. Lots to watch!

Got a bunch of the other concerts on my wishlist now. Thanks for the recommendations!

• May 2014
    925 Reputation
    No problem at all. Have fun with your DVDs/BluRays. As one who can't buy them, I wish you an immense amount of fun, fellow mononofu *^*

• July 2014
    644 Reputation
    I currently have Christmas 2011, All Stars 2012, Kodomo Matsuri 2012, Summer Dive 2012, Christmas 2012 (12.24 & 12.25), Peach for the Stars 1&2, Komodo Matsuri 2013, Summer Dive 2013, GOUNN, Christmas 2013. I haven't watched them all yet, but I really enjoyed Summer Dive 2012, Christmas 2012, and GOUNN. I also really like Kodomo Matsuri 2012 because of their sketch performances.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    Peach for the stars
    Gounn tour
    Momokuri 11/12/13
    Summer dive 11/12
    5th dimension tour
    Momoclo allstars @ Yokohama arena(my all time fave)
    Otono/otona matsuri