The people "behind" Momoclo
  • StiigStiig

May 2014
    34 Reputation
    I'm uncertain of what to call this thread.
    I was always curious about two guys and their influence when it came to Momoclo.

One of course is Kawikame(Hope I spelled it correctly), their chubby manager.
    I know next to nothing about this guy, except he likes geeky things and wrestling?

The other one I do not really know the name of. I think he is sometimes referred to as Yama-Chan?
    He was the fans representative in Momoclo Vs. Arashi and he was the host of Momoclo vs. Zombies.
    He usually wear small round glasses and a bowl like haircut, if it rings any bell?
    As far as I think i know he got some connection to other idol groups, like AKB48 and I also saw him in a short spot with Yui & Moa from Sakura Gakuin/Babymetal.
    But since I read no japaneese I have not been able to find out much.

So if anyone know anything and can find the time to answer with knowledge of any of these two gentlemen, I would be very grateful.
    Have a nice day.
    :)

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    Maybe you should read a few more posts before starting a thread like this.

"Kawakami"

Yamasato Ryouta is a comedian.

• Maka

May 2014
    30 Reputation
    The men behind momoclo that I know are :

KWKM or Kawakami Akira-Manager and Sasaki Atsunor the producer/ director.

There are some other people like Stardust Agency boss or the new "Evil Line" brand but the KWKM and Sasaki producer are the most popular, influential and helps the most in bringing MCZ to it's popularity now.

KWKM is the their manager, the one who manned and suggest (not clear on this) this whole idol thing when StarDust Agency start their Idol Units. He basically the caretaker of the girls from the start of MCZ until now and probably until MCZ ends. Like wrestling a lot and host his own radio shows with occasional MCZ appearance in the show.

Sasaki Atsunori take care and set their live performance , tv performance and their tv shows. Yeah, all the incredible live that MCZ did was his idea and works. Incredible and talented guy all around.

It would be nice to have more info on people because this the only thing I know about them.

• eyelesseyeless

May 2014
    2265 Reputation
    I don't think Yamachan has anything to do with Momoclo, he's just one of the comedians who support Momoclo.

Basicaly everything what @Maka has said.

These 2 guys were there in the room when Akarin announced her graduation

And if you wanna know more about Sasaki Atsunori, you can watch this show

Probably if this thread is not restricted to men, will include more like Tomomin their other manager and Yumi sensei their choreographer.

• May 2014
    925 Reputation
    KWKM is basically the guy behind a lot of the ideas behind the themes of their singles. Examples would most obviously be "Chai Maxx" with the wrestling/boxing theme as well as "Z Densetsu" with the Super Sentai theme to it. There's also "Otome Sensou" with the shoulder guards being based off of Zaku II from Gundam but he admits that it's from a popular wrestling duo with spiked shoulder guards.

There's also Yonemura Hiromitsu. He's in charge of costumes and is basically the genius behind almost all of their costumes in music videos and concerts. (The exceptions include the costumes used for the 5th DIMENSION album and the costumes used for the GOUNN single. Those were designed by IIMUAHII. Another exception is the gakuran costumes used in their first Christmas concert. That was designed by Akarin but modified by Yone-chan for creation purposes.)
    Yomemura-san is the one who designs and creates the costumes probably since the beginning of MomoClo and still the designer now. The girls have influenced some of his designs such as Reni's extreme need of leg warmers, Kanako's idea of changing costumes on stage (yes, it was her idea even though her drawings for it was terrible...), Momoka's white dress for "Arigato no Present" as well as Aarin's idea that Yone-chan was thinking of and it was used for their All Stars 2012 concert but they wore colored vests with black inside instead of Aarin's black jacket with color on the inside. Not sure if there's any ideas from them that's used now but I sure hope we do find out :D

• May 2014
    212 Reputation
    hyadain
    he is the man behind momokuro's iconic songs like Ikuze! Kaitō Shōjo,Coco☆Natsu, Z Densetsu: Owarinaki Kakumei,

• StiigStiig

May 2014
    34 Reputation
    Thank you very much so far :)
    And yes eyeless I should probably have called the thread "The People behind momoclo" so that it would have the female manager and other females like their coreagrapher in here.
    I'll see if I can change the title.
    *EDIT*
    Managed to change the title.

• May 2014
    93 Reputation

hyadain
    he is the man behind momokuro's iconic songs like Ikuze! Kaitō Shōjo,Coco☆Natsu, Z Densetsu: Owarinaki Kakumei,

but he is hired to write songs, he doesn't work directly with the girls...

• dmkdmk

May 2014
    104 Reputation
    Isn't there some tension between hyadain and the girls? What's that all about? I read on another thread that he walked out when the girls went on to some show...

• May 2014
    93 Reputation
    ^I've read that too and was a little bit confused... maybe he is a bit upset because they are not chosing his songs anymore?

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    I think he has problems with kwkm and not the girls. Creative differences probably. Can't remember all the details but it's all floating around the forum in different places, maybe someone has a more comprehensive overview of the situation. The first i heard about the tension when just after 5D came out and hyadain said something along the lines of, it's boring and uninspired. v_v

He still writes for Ebichu so it's not a stardust problem and who could not love the momoclo girls so yeah, kwkm basically.

Oh, and on top of that the girls were moving in a different direction musically and hyadain has always had his own style so i guess it's hard to move on stylistically if your using the same guy again and again. People often say that hyadain era is overrated by MY GOD he wrote some amazing songs. :p

• Paco

May 2014
    339 Reputation
    Hyadain is singing along "his" Mugen no Ai and is reacting "cool" to the Momoclo vid (imitating Momoka's tongue to nose-thing). Okay, if he has still a problem with them or KWKM he wouldn't show it in TV, but this is the closest to Momoclo I have seen him in a while:

(but he is a little bit like under drug influence or so ... ;-) )

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ What an adorable tongue. Momoka, not Hyadain. :p

• May 2014
    144 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

Oh, and on top of that the girls were moving in a different direction musically and hyadain has always had his own style so i guess it's hard to move on stylistically if your using the same guy again and again. People often say that hyadain era is overrated by MY GOD he wrote some amazing songs. :p

I've actually always thought Hyadain is not overrated. Sure, some of the songs by other producers are probably as good as his, but I think most of them are largely following the style he laid out originally. If he hadn't been involved in the earliest singles Momoclo would probably sound quite different. Also, I still think Battle and Romance is their best work by a fair margin. :P

I've never really liked the fact that Momoclo and Hyadain seem to have parted ways. They already had been using a lot of other producers even when Hyadain was still making songs for them, so it's not like him making songs limited what they could do. Also, he was more versatile than a lot of people seem to consider him - I doubt many people would have expected him to make Mugen no Ai judging from his Battle and Romance era stuff. Really, I think cutting him out of Momoclo's material only reduces the possibilities that they have. I'm still hoping that he will return someday. :-\"

• May 2014
    28 Reputation
    Is the Hyadain situation speculation and/or rumor? I've read many comments...but none stating from official sources that they have parted ways. Being that he knocked out quite a bit of MCZ songs...it would be inconceivable to think that he is no longer part of the MCZ family. Perhaps something got lost in translation and it has mutated to something negative which contrasts why he is not writing.

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    I don't need any more songs from Hyadain. The girls grew out of Coconuts.

• Paco

May 2014
    339 Reputation
    ^Out of "Coco nuts" for sure, but out of ...
    Ikuze!
    Mirai Bowl
    Z Densetsu
    Wani to Shampoo
    Momoclo no Nippon Banzai
    Hai to Diamond
    Mugen no Ai ...
    and so on?

He had done a lot of great songs (for other groups, too). So it wouldn't be bad to have once in a while a new song for Momoclo, if it is something special.

• dmkdmk

May 2014
    104 Reputation
    ^ Did Hyadain write all those? Damn. Those are all epic songs. They'd probably all be on my top ten. Momoclo wrote the lyrics for Ano Sora e Mukatte right? I've been listening to that on loop basically all day. My throat hurts from all the choking up. There's something amazing about that song. Something to do with the epic crowd at Panorama dai Jigokou @ Yoko Arena day 2 where they all did that chant before "yaaaay" as they were leaving the stage. Who came up with the melody for that song? I'm considering making it my ringtone (found an awesome music-box version on youtube).

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    dmk said:

^ Did Hyadain write all those?

Yes, except he only supplied the melody for Mirai.

Who came up with the melody for that song?

Jazzin' park

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    dmk said:

^ Did Hyadain write all those? Damn. Those are all epic songs. They'd probably all be on my top ten. Momoclo wrote the lyrics for Ano Sora e Mukatte right? I've been listening to that on loop basically all day. My throat hurts from all the choking up. There's something amazing about that song. Something to do with the epic crowd at Panorama dai Jigokou @ Yoko Arena day 2 where they all did that chant before "yaaaay" as they were leaving the stage. Who came up with the melody for that song? I'm considering making it my ringtone (found an awesome music-box version on youtube).

Love that song. I was going to upload the music box version a while ago but it was when the forum was down for a few days and it never got done. It's really nice. :)

• anjinanjin

July 2014
    15 Reputation
    Kawakami-san recently released a book in which he explains his management philosophy and the things he taught (and learned from) each member of Momoclo.