[SINGLE]13th Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina
  • January 2015
    79 Reputation
    That was a random spike in sales though im not complaining lol they just may end up beating generations for second place if their weekend sales continue to jump like this

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    It's not for nothing that they're called "the weekend heroines" :)

• January 2015
    38 Reputation
    I just wasted spent an hour browsing a Kiss forum. While the collab has its share of haters and mockers, Momoclo are definitely picking up some new fans. One person posted the Saraba video, which prompted a few responses like this one: "I think I am hypnotized.
    I can't stop watching this..." :)>-

• Paco

January 2015
    331 Reputation
    ^I did that, too. Now they have even a thread called: "Is it wrong to like RARAN with Momoiro Clover Z?" ;-))))

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^ Honestly, that's what happened to me. You watch one Momoclo live or video and you're hooked. I'm happy for them.

• January 2015
    79 Reputation

The performance that did it for me

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^Oh I love this one. This is an exceptional performance. The energy is fantastic there and by God, to have the legend on guitar... Honestly, I initially was sold on the Girl Factory 14 show. I work in the entertainment industry so I look for a lot of things. The GF14 show (before I saw the National Stadium one) had everything I like to see in a pop group - crowd participation, diverse set, ridiculous energy, live band, great interaction among the members and decent singing. Seeing this again, however, I may show my colleagues this so they can figure out why Momoclo has dominated my playlist for the last three months.

Anyway, I think the KISS collabo will continue to reform J-pop cynics because when they see this, they'll really get it.

• February 2015
    139 Reputation
    Moretsu at Momokuri 2011 was also the performance that hooked me in. Around that time there was only a short clip (from a news' report, i think) uploaded to YouTube, so i kinda got obsessed with trying to find the whole song performed live. I have this thing, with every new band/artist i discover and like, of saying to myself "Uh, they sound great but how well can they do it live?" and Momoclo blew my mind away.

And here I am, almost 4 years later feeling this strange urge to support them every time they release a new effort even if i don't like the people they're teaming up with at the moment.

• February 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(January 31)
    1. *6,110 2PM
    2. *3,604 Momoiro Clover Z
    3. *2,027 AAA

Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina
    1st - **,***
    2nd - *8,641
    3rd - *4,803
    4th - 10,118
    5th - *3,604

• February 2015
    144 Reputation

The performance that did it for me

Ah, I haven't been able to find a clip of that with the Kaitou Shoujo part for a long time; oddly, I actually liked that song with Marty even more than Mugen no Ai. That clip certainly is one of the best live moments from Momoclo though - nice to see it again.

• February 2015
    262 Reputation
    that performance still kind of pisses me off a little though; who thought it was cool to have the announcer talk over 90% of the guitar solo?

probably the best "POW!" of any live version of that song I can remember though. :)

• February 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^Yes especially when the legend is playing.

• February 2015
    131 Reputation
    Anyone else wondering how the single sales spiked so dramatically?
    Conspiracy theorists are claiming that Stardust bought a bunch off of retailers to raise the numbers. I don't want to believe that, but it is definitely strange.

• mocha21mocha21

February 2015
    380 Reputation
    they do have good history of spiking number of sales in weekends, combined with the 3 singles project that took time to convince people to buy more.

• February 2015
    79 Reputation
    lol the spike probably had something to do with fans actually having time to go out and get the single on the weekend and the 3 single project just being announced.

• InvaderInvader

February 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I don't think management is that desperate. They've had spikes on sales before, so I bet it was the fans.

• alancsl

February 2015
    116 Reputation

Anyone else wondering how the single sales spiked so dramatically?
    Conspiracy theorists are claiming that Stardust bought a bunch off of retailers to raise the numbers. I don't want to believe that, but it is definitely strange.

It is because amazon's delivery delayed, the numbers all added together in the same day. Therefore, it shows spike on sales that Japanese fans call it “konozama砲”.

• February 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(February 1)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2015-02-01/
    1. *3,876 2PM
    2. *3,042 Momoiro Clover Z
    3. *2,122 HKT48

Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina
    1st - **,***
    2nd - *8,641
    3rd - *4,803
    4th - 10,118