[UST] Momoclo Hatsu Yume Hobo 24jikan SP "Ichi Fuji Ni Taka san wa Nasubi"
  • December 2014
    5759 Reputation
    Momoclo Hatsu Yume Hobo 24jikan SP "Ichi Fuji Ni Taka san wa Nasubi♡"(First, Mt. Fuji. Second, Taka san is eggplant.)
    ももクロ初夢ほぼ24時間SP「一富士二タカさんはなすび♡」
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/momoclotv
    Airdate:January 1, 2015, 0:00~

Ichi Fuji Ni Taka San Nasubi(First, Mt. Fuji. Second, hawks. Third, eggplants.)
    一富士二鷹三茄子
    wiki
    Spoiler:
    Hatsuyume (初夢) is the Japanese word for the first dream had in the new year. Traditionally, the contents of the dream would foretell the luck of the dreamer in the ensuing year. In Japan, the night of December 31 was often passed without sleeping, thus the hatsuyume was often the dream seen the night of January 1. This explains why January 2 (the day after the night of the "first dream") is known as Hatsuyume in the traditional Japanese calendar.

It is considered to be particularly good luck to dream of Mount Fuji, a hawk, and an eggplant. This belief has been in place since the early Edo period but there are various theories regarding the origins as to why this particular combination was considered to be auspicious. One theory suggests that this combination is lucky because Mount Fuji is Japan's highest mountain, the hawk is a clever and strong bird, and the word for eggplant (nasu or nasubi 茄子) suggests achieving something great (nasu 成す). Another theory suggests that this combination arose because Mount Fuji, falconry, and early eggplants were favorites of the shōgun Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Although this superstition is well known in Japan, often memorized in the form Ichi-Fuji, Ni-Taka, San-Nasubi (一富士、二鷹、三茄子; 1. Fuji, 2. Hawk, 3. Eggplant), the continuation of the list is not as well known. The continuation is Yon-Sen, Go-Tabako, Roku-Zatō (四扇、五煙草、六座頭; 4. Fan, 5. Tobacco, 6. Blind acupressurer). The origins of this trio are less well known, and it is unclear whether they were added after the original three or whether the list of six originated at the same time.

• December 2014
    5759 Reputation
    They seem to stream these contents.
    ・Momoiro Christmas in Nihon Seinenkan ~Dappi~(Bonus video)
    ・Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2012 ~Miwataseba Dai Panorama Jigoku~
    ・Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyougijo Taikai
    They will sing a new song?(release a MV?) at the last of the show.

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

December 2014
    114 Reputation
    As with the previous 24hr stream, I invite everyone to chat live during the broadcast. Using your favourite IRC client, join the server irc.jphip.com.

If you know some japanese, join to help non-speakers understand what's going on, so everyone can enjoy this thing better.

I'll post this invitation again, one hour before the stream starts, with more details (for those that don't know how to use IRC).

• RevanRevan

December 2014
    230 Reputation
    they better rest atleast for momoka than doing live of new song in the end of this UST

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

December 2014
    114 Reputation
    Easiest way to get on IRC is to use mibbit.

-Go to mibbit.com
    -Click on "launch mibbit client"
    -In the connection section look for "server" and enter "irc.jphip.com"
    -Choose a nickname and click on "connect"

Thats it! You can start chatting form then.

Feel free to invite anyone.

• December 2014
    5759 Reputation
    02:20~ Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2012 Miwataseba Dai Panorama Jigoku
    05:30~ Otoko Matsuri 2012
    08:50~ Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2013 SEIBU Dome Taikai DAY1
    13:10~ Momoiro Christmas in Nihon Seinenkan DAPPI
    15:10~ Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyougijo Taikai DAY1
    23:30~ Maku ga Agaru(Trailer??) and Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina PV

• January 2015
    644 Reputation
    The Maku ga Agaru video is the same that played before the Christmas concert on the 24th.
    I also donated some money to the ustream tip.

• EmceeZEmceeZ

January 2015
    264 Reputation
    Got to finally hear the full kiss vs momoclo song. They were talking over it but from what I heard I enjoyed it! I was hoping for some kind of performance of the song at the end of the stream but ah well, the maku ga agaru video was pretty cool

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    internet got shot off in the last hours of the stream, thanks for the *almost* 24 hours chat you guys, and asan thanks for the guidance!

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1484 Reputation
    Maku ga Agaru from UST

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    Thanks. This film looks good. I didn't understand any of it lol but a lot can be said without words. I really love the warm colors, the pan shots, and the overall the feel of the film. This girls look great. I forgot they're idols for a second which is perfect. Again, I absolutely love the feel of it. The pan shots were so effective in showing the transformation of the play to the stage. I hope to see the final product one day with subtitles of course lol

• AzureusAzureus

January 2015
    1484 Reputation

• mavmav

January 2015
    171 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

internet got shot off in the last hours of the stream, thanks for the *almost* 24 hours chat you guys, and asan thanks for the guidance!

Ah.....I missed it since I was out for the day...

Is it possible someone saved the chatlogs to pastebin or something?

• ColeenaColeena

January 2015
    174 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

Thanks. This film looks good. I didn't understand any of it lol but a lot can be said without words. I really love the warm colors, the pan shots, and the overall the feel of the film. This girls look great. I forgot they're idols for a second which is perfect. Again, I absolutely love the feel of it. The pan shots were so effective in showing the transformation of the play to the stage. I hope to see the final product one day with subtitles of course lol

The parts of the film they showed were ones where the Drama Club was acting out their play, which was Night on the Galactic Railroad (Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru). It's actually pretty good, you can read a summary of it on Wikipedia.
    The roles are:
    Kanako/Saori - Director
    Shiorin/Yukko - Giovanni
    Momoka/Nakanishi-san - Campanella
    Reni/Garuru - Zanelli
    Aarin/Akemi-chan - Teacher

I got the book recently, haven't had much time to read it but it's been great so far. I recommend buying it if you can, reading should be a piece of cake if you're N2/upper N3. Plus, you'll have something to comfort yourself with on the movie release date if you're not in Japan and can't watch it (which is what I'll be doing, haha).

If the movie happens to be leaked online (or once the movie is released on DVD/Blu-Ray), I'd totally be up for subbing it!

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    Coleena said:

Bin82501 said:

The parts of the film they showed were ones where the Drama Club was acting out their play, which was Night on the Galactic Railroad (Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru). It's actually pretty good, you can read a summary of it on Wikipedia.
    The roles are:
    Kanako/Saori - Director
    Shiorin/Yukko - Giovanni
    Momoka/Nakanishi-san - Campanella
    Reni/Garuru - Zanelli
    Aarin/Akemi-chan - Teacher

I got the book recently, haven't had much time to read it but it's been great so far. I recommend buying it if you can, reading should be a piece of cake if you're N2/upper N3. Plus, you'll have something to comfort yourself with on the movie release date if you're not in Japan and can't watch it (which is what I'll be doing, haha).

If the movie happens to be leaked online (or once the movie is released on DVD/Blu-Ray), I'd totally be up for subbing it!

Ah that's the what I thought. I looked like some sort of drama club. I will definitely check out the book. Maybe I'll download it on iTunes. Thanks for the insight. This montage really gave me a lot of inspiration actually. I'm currently developing a short film.

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    Coleena said:

I recommend buying it if you can, reading should be a piece of cake if you're N2/upper N3.

I want to believe you, but oh kanji. Amazon should have a preview up next week.

• January 2015
    84 Reputation
    Wow, Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru is one of my favorite pieces in Japanese literature. Miyazwa Kenji is actually one of the most loved writers in Japan, but very little known abroad. In my home country (Russia) his books actually have not been published yet, so I during undergrad years even tried to translate some of his stories, including Ginga Tetsudou. That brings back some memories))