[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • August 2015
    322 Reputation
    Just like when we did Koizumi-san I may be able to QC and mux a raw with the subs and make it into a torrent if you wish. I can probably do this in my spare time during the weekend. Which is probably when I'll have myself actually watch the movie with a friend as well!

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    i started to check dobod subtitles and the 15 minutes i saw (because i was watching the subtitles on my pc screen and the bluray in my tv) were too good to need actual corrections except maybe spelling - and a missing line that isnt even relevant to the plot - In fact, there was a thing i missed even tough i saw the movie 5 times already that i discovered AFTER checking dobod´s.

By the way, mine are .srt, i wonder if that´s relevant for the playback on an actual MKV archive

Maybe in the weekend i´ll do a spanish version just for the sake of it - i wonder how do you say "Chai maxx " in spanish tough

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    Yeah SRTs and ASS files can both be muxed into MKVs. Dobod's subs are generally very good translation-wise, they just need some fixed up English for the grammar to sound natural. I only had to fix a few translations themselves when I QC'd Koizumi-san.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    Well, i only have to add , the movie is almost 2 hours long.. the last 30 minutes are the hardest because you feel the sudden urge to just put whatever crosses your mind that you think it´ll fit .. by the last 15 minutes you literally are translating lines as "C.I.A." and "wani to shampoo!"

• August 2015
    366 Reputation
    Hey, dobod's 2nd translator here, just using different username in local forum.
    while I have some confidence in my Japanese, translating it directly to English was really hard. translating it to my native language then to English would be easier, but it'd take so much time (and I don't have many spare time to do it).
    well, the sub is far from perfect, so any feedback and review is truly appreciated!

• doboddobod

August 2015
    117 Reputation

Just like when we did Koizumi-san I may be able to QC and mux a raw with the subs and make it into a torrent if you wish. I can probably do this in my spare time during the weekend. Which is probably when I'll have myself actually watch the movie with a friend as well!

you can do that if you want, but upload the torrent after 2-3 weeks, not earlier. Is it alright?

while I have some confidence in my Japanese, translating it directly to English was really hard. translating it to my native language then to English would be easier, but it'd take so much time (and I don't have many spare time to do it).
    well, the sub is far from perfect, so any feedback and review is truly appreciated!

When i thought to mention about you, you came here first XD
    Credit for all of the hard part, i'm just doing the easy one..

-----------------------------------
    well, let's refrain from talking about the sub, let's talk about the movie itself... XD

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    dobod said:

let's refrain from talking about the sub, let's talk about the movie itself... XD

I find it hard to refrain of doing so since there are a couple of things that catched my attention ..but im not sure how many mononofus have seen it yet and i'd hate to give away plot points so soon

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation

I think is great...like i said, maybe a line or two of dialogue missing, but hardly important. I dont think is vital to translate every "nani kore?" .
    Spoiler:
    the only, only thing i would have revisited was the explaining of the origin of Garuru's nickname, but i believe i'll be the only one to notice that so dont mind me

Im grateful to you guys anyway, because i know that is not an easy task, as much as you enjoy the challenge

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    Spoiler:
    They do a bad job explaining Garuru's nickname in the movie so don't worry about it.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    Yep... Im sure there is a lot of things in the book that were excised from the movie to fit MCZ...
    Spoiler:
    I noticed there were no male students at all in the movie's plot... For a moment it felt like an episode of k-on!

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    Thanks for using the spoiler tag, by the way, guys, hahaha.
    I think I'll finally get to watch it in the next few days.

• August 2015
    322 Reputation
    Also, dobod, that's all right with me. I'll refrain from uploading anything for a few weeks.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation

Thanks for using the spoiler tag, by the way, guys, hahaha.
    I think I'll finally get to watch it in the next few days.

Spoiler:
    stop clicking on the spoiler buttons! ha ha ha!

:))

• August 2015
    264 Reputation
    So, I watched the film last night with my friend, and we both loved it! Thanks again for the subs. There were some grammatical errors, but we had no major problems following the story of the film. The only thing that confused us a bit were the names, since they were sometimes written in third person. But eventually we figured out who was who.

Spoiler:
    I am glad that it was actually a good film. Since it's Momoclo I would've liked it anyway, of course, but it was actually good enough to stand on its own. A moving story, avoiding a cliché ending (I was half expecting it to end with them winning the National). The scenery was beautiful, and I loved the shots of Fuji in the background (especially since that means that I was actually looking down at this area when I was on Fuji, not knowing I was going to see it in a movie one day).

There were some great cameos in the film, and I wanted to see if there were any more that I had missed. First off there was of course Genichiro Tenryu as Shiori's father. Then there were some of the other girls in the drama club/school that we were pretty sure were 3B Junior. Then you had the choreographer of Momoclo (don't know her name) watching the final performance. And then of course my personal favourite Shigeru Matsuzaki as Aarin's dad.
    I also loved the nods to the fans, with Shiori eating, getting in the same bed with Kanako, and Reni being.. well.. Reni.

• August 2015
    644 Reputation

So, I watched the film last night with my friend, and we both loved it! Thanks again for the subs. There were some grammatical errors, but we had no major problems following the story of the film. The only thing that confused us a bit were the names, since they were sometimes written in third person. But eventually we figured out who was who.

Spoiler:
    I am glad that it was actually a good film. Since it's Momoclo I would've liked it anyway, of course, but it was actually good enough to stand on its own. A moving story, avoiding a cliché ending (I was half expecting it to end with them winning the National). The scenery was beautiful, and I loved the shots of Fuji in the background (especially since that means that I was actually looking down at this area when I was on Fuji, not knowing I was going to see it in a movie one day).

There were some great cameos in the film, and I wanted to see if there were any more that I had missed. First off there was of course Genichiro Tenryu as Shiori's father. Then there were some of the other girls in the drama club/school that we were pretty sure were 3B Junior. Then you had the choreographer of Momoclo (don't know her name) watching the final performance. And then of course my personal favourite Shigeru Matsuzaki as Aarin's dad.
    I also loved the nods to the fans, with Shiori eating, getting in the same bed with Kanako, and Reni being.. well.. Reni.

To answer what is in your spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    Ishikawa Yumi is their choreographer. Also, Tsurube is Garuru's grandfather.

• honkey5honkey5

August 2015
    304 Reputation
    Spoiler:
    i loved those nods to the fans, like the scene where Nakanishi and Saori are at the mall and Nakanishi picks the green drink instead of the red one, which is taken by saori. Or Nakanishi painting her block yellow while Yukko does hers green - symbolizing that they are accepting each other as an equal.. or the scene where they are riding their bicycles and suddenly Yukko shouts "haraheta!"

• August 2015
    644 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Spoiler:
    i loved those nods to the fans, like the scene where Nakanishi and Saori are at the mall and Nakanishi picks the green drink instead of the red one, which is taken by saori. Or Nakanishi painting her block yellow while Yukko does hers green - symbolizing that they are accepting each other as an equal.. or the scene where they are riding their bicycles and suddenly Yukko shouts "haraheta!"

That's why the girls always poke fun at the director Motohiro saying he's a Mononofu although he keeps denying it...because a non-Mononofu wouldn't understand those things. :D

• August 2015
    904 Reputation
    Spoiler:
    let's not forget Saori's monologue where she's dribbling a basketball. There's also Tsurube being Garuru's grandfather, and Sasaki (their stage director) being Yumi-sensei's husband and Yukko's brother in law. Also, Momotakagi holding hands when Gucchi was reading the letter (them holding hands when Akarin told them she was graduating).
    Also, for those who have read Reni's short story in her QJ Special, Garuru's monologue about taking care of her grandfather is a nod to Reni visiting her grandmother at the hospital.

• August 2015
    487 Reputation
    MOMOKA DA CHAMP >.< TOO KAWAII

• August 2015
    487 Reputation
    Ok having problems with the download file.
    it keeps turning into photo viewer......