US Releases by Momoiro Clover Z!
  • tim

April 2015
    10 Reputation
    For Immediate Release

J-Pop Idol Group Momoiro Clover Z Sets Out To Win Over Western Audiences Releasing Their First Two Albums Through American Label Cleopatra!

Los Angeles, CA - Hot on the heels of the group’s history making collaboration with hard rock legends KISS, Momoiro Clover Z is looking to capitalize on the burgeoning interest of Western audiences for Japanese Pop Idol music by issuing their first two albums in select Western markets. Arriving first on April 14 is of Momclo’s most recent album, the mega-popular 5TH DIMENSION, which contains another stellar collaboration with metal royalty, superstar guitarist Marty Friedman of Megadeth who lends his six-string pyrotechnics to one of the album’s songs. Following that release just two weeks later is the Limited Edition A version of Battle And Romance, Momoclo’s astounding 2011 debut album that won the Grand Prix prize at Japan’s prestigious 4th CD Shop Awards! This version includes a bonus disc of solo recordings by each of the Momoclo members.

Founded in 2008, Momoiro Clover Z are hugely popular stars in their home country of Japan. Their albums have topped Japan’s music charts while their highly energetic and theatrical live performances have packed stadiums with tens of thousands of devoted fans. Stylistically, the group merges the danceable rhythms and bouncy vocal melodies of J-pop with cutting edge music production steeped in the energy of American hard rock. No wonder then that the group caught the attention of quintessential American hard rocker Paul Stanley of KISS, who penned two songs for this special international collaboration. The two groups even filmed a visually stunning new video that pits the two acts against one another in an epic, anime-inspired fantasy battle. Next stop for Momoiro Clover Z - WORLD DOMINATION!

Pre-order 5th Dimension on CD: http://geni.us/5thDimension
    Pre-order Battle And Romance on CD: http://geni.us/BattleAndRomance

5TH DIMENSION Track List:
    1. Neo Stargate
    2. 仮想ディストピア
    3. 猛烈宇宙交響曲・第七楽章「無限の愛」
    4. 5 The POWER
    5. 労働讃歌
    6. ゲッダーン!
    7. Z女戦争
    8. 月と銀紙飛行船
    9. BIRTH Ø BIRTH
    10. 上球物語 -Carpe Diem-
    11. 宙飛ぶ!お座敷列車
    12. サラバ、愛しき悲しみたちよ
    13. 灰とダイヤモンド

Battle And Romance Track List:
    DISC 1
    1. Z伝説〜終わりなき革命〜
    2. CONTRADICTION
    3. ミライボウル
    4. ワニとシャンプー
    5. ピンキージョーンズ
    6. キミノアト
    7. D'の純情
    8. 天手力男
    9. オレンジノート
    10. スターダストセレナーデ
    11. コノウタ
    12. ももクロのニッポン万歳! (Bonus)

DISC 2
    1. 太陽とえくぼ)
    2. fall into me
    3. …愛ですか?, "…Is It Love?"
    4. だってあーりんなんだもーん☆
    5. ありがとうのプレゼント, "Thank You Present"
    6. 恋は暴れ鬼太鼓, "Love is a Rampaging Oni Daiko"

Press inquiries:
    Cleopatra Records: Tim Yasui Email: tim@cleorecs.com
    Glass Onyon PR
    Billy James
    PH: 828-350-8158
    glassonyonpr@gmail.com

• April 2015
    131 Reputation
    In the internet age, I can't quite grasp the significance. The CD market is minimal in the states and the albums are already on iTunes.

• April 2015
    262 Reputation
    now if they put it out on vinyl...

• April 2015
    1532 Reputation
    Pre-ordered both.

Despite what eiennoyorikobi said being true, I'm glad they're releasing these because I prefer physical stuff over digital. I already have a Japanese copy of 5th Dimension (Limited Edition B), but I'll still be getting this to support further releases. I don't have a physical copy of Battle And Romance, so it'll be nice to finally have that.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation

Pre-ordered both.

Despite what eiennoyorikobi said being true, I'm glad they're releasing these because I prefer physical stuff over digital. I already have a Japanese copy of 5th Dimension (Limited Edition B), but I'll still be getting this to support further releases. I don't have a physical copy of Battle And Romance, so it'll be nice to finally have that.

Agreed. Without carrying over here the eternal battle of CD v.s. MP3, i agree that a physical release with booklet, lyrics, pictures and such is always a big lure to some of us, especially since an import ends up costing 4 times the domestical version (sometimes even more)

now if they put it out on vinyl...

I love vinyl too, but altought the cover of BAR must look gorgeous on LP, i must say im a bit put off by making that album a double L.P Changin sides is too much of an hassle when only 3 songs have passed. I know it has to do with the sound quality, but still.

Now, if they were to release a cd version of the audio of Neverending adventure 2014 as a single cd without having to spend us 100 for the entire box set.

Or a casette tape of BAR, why not?

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    Interesting route. I also agree that their efforts should be focused on digital distribution and streaming (not that awful Tidal). I'm going to do a little research though. Still, this is a nice step. I'm with it.

• April 2015
    32 Reputation
    assuming that its on par with the quality of most state side CD packaging, its going to feel really cheap sitting beside the japan releases

• April 2015
    262 Reputation
    actually yeah, I wonder if being released on an American label opens up the chances for being on Spotify/Google Play Music, etc in the west. that would actually be HUGE. potentially.

I certainly don't need more copies (again, barring a vinyl pressing :) ), but it's cool this is happening anyway. This is coming right on the heels of Babymetal announcing that their album is getting physical versions in NA and EU soon.

now if we could just get them to play shows over here...

• April 2015
    39 Reputation

now if we could just get them to play shows over here...

That's what I'm holding my breath for.

I'm old school and prefer physical albums to look at and put on a shelf, so I'll happily buy both albums.

Has this deal with Cleopatra been public knowledge before now? Maybe I missed previous announcements, but it seems to be coming right out of the blue, and very low-key. The Babymetal fandom has been buzzing for months over them getting EU and NA distribution.

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1774 Reputation
    I also don't think this is going to have a lot of sales, maybe it would be better to release the sailor moon and dragom ball singles. It's a nice step either way.

I was going to rant about how this is just for the US but I clicked the link and I can buy it too and just for 13€ so 5th dimension is mine for sure :))

• April 2015
    144 Reputation
    Well, I think any nod toward the foreign audience is cool, especially here because I didn't expect this at all. I also doubt that it will get a whole lot of sales, especially because this doesn't seem to be a really big record label. The neat thing though is that Cleopatra appears to be mainly involved with more underground or lesser-known music genres, and the fact that they were interested in Momoclo probably means that they like Momoclo on an artistic level. It's nice to see people stateside recognizing the quality of their music :)

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    Yeah it's certainly a great thing. The strategy may be let's gauge general interest though this indie distribution deal and maybe if we get enough interest, we can partner up with a major in the future. Like I said, it's an interesting approach because it doesn't seem to consider the US market. Like what was previously stated, CDs are pretty much obsolete in the States. The majority of people in the US consume content digitally via Spotfiy, Amazon, Google and of course iTunes but again, maybe this is an experiment to determine the demand for Momoclo in the US.

• April 2015
    96 Reputation
    So, I notice that Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo ISN'T on this version of Battle & Romance...

• April 2015
    96 Reputation
    I did go ahead and order both from Amazon. I have both JP releases already, but I do want to support releases like this in the U.S. One day, maybe one day, they'll do a concert over here.

• April 2015
    243 Reputation

So, I notice that Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo ISN'T on this version of Battle & Romance...

Actually, Tim made a bit of a mistake. If you look on Amazon, you'll see that it indeed does have Kaitou Shoujo. I certainly understand your surprise, it would be weird if it wasn't on there, being one of their most famous songs.

• April 2015
    1532 Reputation
    Just received my copy of Battle And Romance and Tim's post is correct in that it doesn't have Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo.

Weird.

• April 2015
    925 Reputation
    *heart shatters* 0_0
    No Kaitou??? WHAT???? OAO;;;;

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    It wasn't on there when I purchased it on iTunes. I was a bit miffed to say the least. I'm assuming it's probably a copyright thing

• April 2015
    131 Reputation
    What the hell? It's their signature song!

Glad I have the actual version. The Bonus CD is a must-have anyway.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation
    Maybe they´re saving it for a special US only release? a "best of" that includes Gounn, Nantemo Iindayo and Seishunfu ? One can only dream...

• April 2015
    262 Reputation

Just received my copy of Battle And Romance and Tim's post is correct in that it doesn't have Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo.

Weird.

Brutal. that's a cornerstone of that album.