Shirome on Amazon prime
  • April 2015
    96 Reputation
    I don't know if this is old news or not, but Shirome is available on Amazon Prime with English Subtitles. Free for Prime members, $3 for non-members to rent, and $10 to buy digitally.

• April 2015
    81 Reputation
    cool that there is subs

• April 2015
    39 Reputation
    Shirome introduced me to Momoclo and Japanese idol culture in general, for which I am very grateful. But I doubt if I'll ever watch the film again. All I really remember is cringing every time the girls started crying at the top of their lungs.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation
    I like the film as a piece of MCZ curiosity, but as an horror film per se is pretty mediocre.

Koji Shiraishi, the director, had made better films before Shirome: . Noroi is truly horrifiing, a great horror film; Teketeke and Cult are pretty good also. I guess with Shirome he wasnt inspired.

Maybe he was asked to tone down the horror and accentuate the atmosphere? At least is better than Buono´s Gomenasai :)

Why idols choose to star in horror films anyway? Is because its cheaper, or because the fans would rather see their idols chased, terrorized, hanged and butchered than in a romantic or comedic setting?

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^When I first saw it on Dailymotion, I thought it was actually hilarious. It was ridiculously over the top. Terrible film. Even so, like most fans, I support my favorites in any and everything. MCZ is no different. I've set a precedent for this type of support. I watched Queen of the Damned after all and that was truly awful.