What is Your Top 5 Best/Favorite MCZ DVD Concerts?
  • MM305

June 2016
    643 Reputation
    Because I'm feeling excited that I'm going to own my very first MCZ concert DVD soon, I thought I should get your guys opinion on what are your top 5 MCZ concerts (that are available on DVD and Blu-Ray) just to have a few ideas on what concerts are worth buying!!

Plus, nothing's wrong with you guys sharing your opinions ;)!

• June 2016
    21 Reputation
    Hello, just happened to see this Thread, i can say what i prefer, and that is Z, after Akari left. the ones before are fun, but not great to me. too childish, not crazy enough.

my Faves would be (currently):

http://www.yesasia.com/global/momoiro-christmas-2011-saitama-super-arena-taikai-live-blu-ray-japan/1030266783-0-0-0-en/info.html

(most crazy Announcements, way over the top, it never was so mad after this, also Marty Friedman Finale)

http://www.yesasia.com/global/haru-no-ichidaiji-2013-seibu-dome-taikai-hoshi-wo-tsugu-momo-vol-1/1033863874-0-0-0-en/info.html

both Days are awesome for my tastes.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/momoclo-haru-no-ichidaiji-2014-kokuritsu-kyogijyo-taikai-never-ending/1036403959-0-0-0-en/info.html

for its sheer huge awesomeness, but the "intimate" crowd as in above ones is lost of course as it's just TOO huge. i see this one as a huge blockbuster Movie though.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/summer-dive-2011-gokurakumon-kara-konnichiwa-blu-ray-japan-version/1033039852-0-0-0-en/info.html

pretty funny, first taste of the huge things to come for me. there's a great subbed torrent around here for it, sadly only the mp4 left, blu is dead.

these i didn't like really:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/momo-clo-natsu-no-bakasawagi-world-summer-dive-2013-8-4-nissan-stadium/1034706818-0-0-0-en/info.html

too big stadium, way too far Crowd, so much empty Space. funny "Soccer Match" at the End though.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/momoiro-clover-z-tojinsai-2015-ecopa-stadium-taikai-live-blu-ray-box/1045308055-0-0-0-en/info.html

very very boring, too much crappy Bongo Bongo Drumming, too much talking, too much annoying stuff. i regret every Cent i spent on it.

have fun!

• MM305

June 2016
    643 Reputation
    Don't like a concert (World Summer Dive 2013) because how the stage was set up? Please let this not be a knock on how the good/bad the concert is (remember, it's set up like the Olympics).

I understand that it may bother you, but that shouldn't make a show be called bad. What should factor are the performances and crowd interaction, and wouldn't you say that this show delivered on both accounts?

• June 2016
    243 Reputation
    I only have the 2011 Momoiro Christmas. Bought that hwne I was in Japan, and the only reason I bought it was because it was relatively cheap. But it's amazing, highly recommend!

• June 2016
    21 Reputation
    MM305 yes it really annoys me how FAR AWAY they are from all the Crowd. it looks so.. sad, lonely.

• MM305

June 2016
    643 Reputation
    Remember though, it's an Olympic style show, so obviously they needed the field open for the sporting events.

It all just comes down to you simply not liking the Olympic theme of this show, which is fine, but don't let that disregard the performances.

• June 2016
    220 Reputation
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion...the question was for people's opinions.

Anyhow I can't say that I've seen 5 to even rank 5...
    but
    Momoclo Haru No Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyogijyo Taikai - Never Ending Adventure
    This is one is a must have IMO. The unfortunate part is the setlist is mostly the same for Day 1 and Day 2.

After that I did like both the 2014 and 2015 Toujinsai concerts...and the Christmas 2014 concert.

• ebizoriebizori

June 2016
    2806 Reputation
    1. Momoclo Haru No Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyogijyo Taikai - Never Ending Adventure
    2. 4.10 Nakano Sun Plaza Taikai Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji ~Mabushisa no Naka ni Kimi ga Ita~
    3. Momoiro Clover Z JAPAN TOUR 2013: 5TH DIMENSION
    4. Momoiro Christmas 2014 Saitama Super Arena Taikai - Shining Snow Story
    5. Summer Dive 2011 Gokurakumon Kara Konnichiwa

• MM305

June 2016
    643 Reputation
    Wow, it sounds like 2014 was a fun year to attend an MCZ concert!!

• June 2016
    446 Reputation
    1. Nissan 2014 (both days, but especially day 2)
    2. Seibu Dome 2012 (Summer Dive)...the audience absolutely explodes during Roudou Sanka and Chai Max, about half way through. I've never seen an audience do that during a pop concert before.
    3. Kokuritsu both days (especially day 1)
    4. Ecopa 2015, Day 2
    5. I can't decide between Nissan 2013 and Yokohama Arena 2012, Day 1 (the one with all the solo stuff). They both had great moments, but they both had really bad ones too. And yes, between putting the stage literally a football field away from the audience, and the bad CGI, I can see why some people hate Nissan 2013. But I loved how, despite that, they were still able to create a lot of energy once it got dark. Any other act would've failed miserably in those conditions. Momoclo persevered, and made it work anyway.

Honorable mentions to Christmas 2013 and 2014. Unfortunately, more for the antics (announcements, magic show, Tanaka Masahiro pitching to Kanako), than the energy during the actual songs. It's just too damn cold that time of year to really get the energy up. Another honorable mention to the several great Folk Mura specials they did in front of a live audience, and the last two years of Girls' Factory. In other words, five might be way too small a number here.

Looking forward to seeing the 2016 spring tour and Toujinsai, as well. I have a feeling they'll both make the top 5.

• MM305

June 2016
    643 Reputation
    When you said bad CGI, are you talking about those figures they put on the middle of the field during Wani to Shampoo and Kuroi Shuumatsu?

• Bri

August 2016
    31 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Because I'm feeling excited that I'm going to own my very first MCZ concert DVD soon, I thought I should get your guys opinion on what are your top 5 MCZ concerts (that are available on DVD and Blu-Ray) just to have a few ideas on what concerts are worth buying!!

Plus, nothing's wrong with you guys sharing your opinions ;)!

• Bri

August 2016
    31 Reputation
    In no particular order:

Otoko Matsuri 2012 Dynamism
    Tojinsai 2014
    Haru no Ichi Daiji 2014
    Onna Matsuri 2011
    X-Mas 2011
    Panorama Jigoku at Yokohama Arena
    Summer Dive 2011 at Yomimuri Land

Basically, though, all of their concerts are good (at least I think so). I would recommend all of them. Yes, even the Kodomo Matsuri (parent/child festivals) concerts. They are funny.

• Bri

August 2016
    31 Reputation
    Check out the 3b Junior Ore no Fuj 2014 and 2016 concerts too.