Who's your favourite member?
  • August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    without the spaces of course. Haven't tried if it accepts hexcodes. But the basic colors work
    [ color=green ]text[ /color ]

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    Why am I not suprised about Momoka being#1 in a lot of these list? LOL, it's cool though, this list is all subjective. ;)

The one thing I'll say about Momoka however, is that while I do agree she is very talented, nothing to me really stands out to me to see why she gets the most praised for it COMPARED to the other 4 that don't get the same amount of praise (minus her siniging voice).

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Oh gimme a break. You wanna argue and do a scientific analysis of fandom?!
    Just accept it, dude. As you just said yourself. it's all subjective

That, and the fact that she's the best singer. And dancer (that's why she was added to the group in the first place)
    And the most kawaii
    Nuff said :)

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    I'm not arguing anything, you love her the most, you love her the most. I have nothing against anyone who has her as her favorite, and there's absolutely nothing wrong feeling that way! It's ALL subjective!!

To me though, I just think she gets too much praise for her talents WHILE the other 4 don't (unless that talent is singing).

• August 2016
    372 Reputation
    The "Who's your favorite?" question isn't really about Momoclo. It's about the person answering the question. Some of us admire leadership and pure ambition more than anything else (maybe because that's where we find ourselves lacking?). Others, intelligence and confidence. Others, talent and passion for music. Others, the ability to cope with insurmountable challenges and find humor in the struggle. And then there's the people who like Ahrin the best for some reason :) (that's a joke...Ahrin was a prodigy as a kid, and she has done very well for herself since).

Doesn't say anything we didn't already know about Momoclo. Says a lot about the person answering the question.

So there's really no point in trying to prove anyone wrong. The only point you're going to prove by dismissing anyone's admiration for any of the members of MCZ is that you can't appreciate some forms of achievement and beauty.

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    When did I judged anyone for liking Momoka the most? And I'm not trying to prove anything, because whether someone's right or wrong about someone's talent is ALL subjective, so what's the point in "trying to prove anyone wrong?"

Everything that I said about Momoka is MY personal opinion on the "talent" comment she recieves. I did not disagree with it, I don't have a problem with her getting all that praise in the world (she deserves it)!

It's just I believe is unfair for her to get those praise AND NOT give them to the other 4 as much, but that's a personal opinion (not a criticism of someone else's love for her).

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    And what do you mean that someone liking Aarin the best is a joke?

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    First off I don't want to make this a personal matter at all.
    And I disagree with stansfield that it's not about Momoclo.
    Of course it has. Everyone has favorites in every group there is out there.
    These kind of ratings are okay with every group and should be taken lightheartedly

My point is that fandom has nothing to do with fairness.
    It's about personal chemistry since things like best singing/dancing/whatever can't be measured.
    It's not about achievements either really.

Except for Momoka. of course. Who's the best singer/dancer/kawaiist etc. :)

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation

Except for Momoka. of course. Who's the best singer/dancer/kawaiist etc. :)

Suuuuure! Lol, just kidding, she still is a sweet lady no matter where ranks on my list (as do the others).

But stansfield123, what did you mean it was a joke that someone likes Aarin the best?

• August 2016
    372 Reputation
    MM305 said:

But stansfield123, what did you mean it was a joke that someone likes Aarin the best?

Explaining a joke never makes it better.

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    Oh wait, I get it now. Never mind!

• ebizoriebizori

August 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I really don't think that Momoka get much more praise than other members
    And I do not see anything unfair in the fact that some member of the idol group is loved and supported by a larger number of fans

In our poll at this moment the leader is Kanako
    https://vk.com/momoiro_clover

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    It's not Momoka being heavily loved that's "unfair", it's how much she get praised for talents COMPARED to the other 4.

I just factually happen to see the word "talent" associated more with Momoka than the other 4.

• ebizoriebizori

August 2016
    2293 Reputation
    Kanako, Shiori, Reni and Ayaka are real talent (146 times) girls

enough now

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    They don't have to be talented the same way. They're idols.

Thing is that Momoka is the best singer/dancer in the group.
    She was from the start (having gone through the Exile kids' program)
    She was added to make the others work harder and improve.
    Which certainly worked. However all improved, and they never really closed the gap.

But all members have their tasks in the group (and one could certainly argue whether that is intentional or part of a group process).
    While Momoka has the mentioned strongpoints she lags decisively when it comes to entertainment value.
    Not much comes from herself in that regard.
    She needs to bounce off the others (and be the butt of the joke often enough).

Kanako has leadership and dumbness, Shiorin the musical and intellectual forte, Reni the nutsiness and Ahrin the playfulness and natural ego/personality
    That's their roles, and that's what makes Momoclo interesting and versatile.
    Otherwise you'd just have five talented performers. That would be a joy to listen to but not the same by a longshot

• August 2016
    78 Reputation
    After seeing them live a few times, I'd actually argue Kanako is the best dancer with Momoka in a close second. There's absolutely zero question when it comes to singing voice though. Kanako has really come a long way since those off-beat street performances. She has a robot like precision when it comes to her dancing. It's really impressive.

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    You mean like when Kanako actually did the robot in Shining Snow Story Day 1 during Carpe Diem? LOL!!

Though personally, I give Aarin the slightest edge in dancing. Her percision and execution whenn it comes to doing the choreography seems to be a more perfect fit to me, like in this performance of Kibun Wa Supergirl. The leg movement in the beginning and ending just seems more of a perfect fit to me!
    Spoiler:

Not to mention the dancing in this Lotte gum commercial.
    Spoiler:

• MM305

August 2016
    435 Reputation
    All I'm saying Matthecat is that I believe the other 4 should get their recognition on how talented they are COMPARED to how much Momoka gets it. She deserves it, but so do the other 4 (in my opinion)!!

• honkey5honkey5

August 2016
    304 Reputation
    Momokachan is very popular on the western part of the fandom - i think outside Japan she is the most popular member

So is natural that a first impression would be that she gets all the praise on the talent departament. But that's sctraching the surface. We have been prasing Momoka's talent a lot recently because she has been very involved in the musical aspect with her solo songs, and her drum lessons. And the biggest exposure, performance wise, we get of the girls is on a regular basis, is on Folkmura where she regularly owns the spotlight.

But if Folkmura was a dance show, we likely would be praising Kanako. If it was a comedy show it would be Renichan. If was a drama show it would be Tamachan. If it was a variety show with the girls acting as MC's it would be Sasaki the one to shine.

Mononofu have been calling Tamachan "The stardust genius" for years for her talent.

Is pointless to discuss who's the better member taking talent as a basis

Talent comes in different ways, not just singing

• August 2016
    78 Reputation
    Shiori is my second favorite, but I've always wondered why she has that nickname.