Which member should I support?
  • November 2016
    22 Reputation
    Greetings:

It is a pleasure to be on the forum!! I have a question that may be rather silly but so be it. My wife and I were lucky enough to attain "Vip" tickets for the L.A. performance on the seventeenth and I am still having trouble deciding who is my 'favorite' member.

At first it was Reni-chan, then Kanakō grew on me. After that, I noticed Momoka's kawaī nature. Now, I just like them all!!

I suppose that I am a somewhat shallow person because I would like to optimize the chance of my being noticed by one of the MKZ members at the LA "meet-and-greet".

My silly question is this:

Is there one member who is more inclined than the others to notice an unfortunate Caucasian man dressed in her color?

I honestly cannot decide who is my favorite and I need to pick one by the seventeenth!

Thanks in advance for your input!!

• MM305

November 2016
    643 Reputation
    Which member should you support? The answer....ALL!!!

For real though, just go with who you feel most interested in on that day. Shouldn't be a proble

• November 2016
    925 Reputation
    Mishima1974, I'm going to tell it to you straight

It will take time to find that one member who you will choose to support. Days, weeks, months, maybe years.
    If you're having trouble picking just 1, that is completely fine so just go for all 5. Dress in black to represent hako oshi (supports all members). Or dress in all 5 colors.
    It's a decision that tends to take a while, especially for new fans. Just wait it out and maybe, during the concert, you'll find that one member you will support.

I wish you good luck and have fun in LA. There's some cool fans there that you should meet.

• wizardwizard

November 2016
    62 Reputation
    I agree with MizukiChan.
    For me too, I like them all and it really changes which one is your favorite over time. Don't worry about your top Oshi and just enjoy the experience. I think the girls will enjoy meeting you just as much.

When I met them in Nara, I was wearing Shiorin Yellow, but then Arin called out Hello in English, so that was awesome.

I think Shiorin also called out but I wasnt paying attention.

You'll probably get a cool greeting depending on which color you wear. From what Ive experienced, theyre always generous and fair with fans :)

This is just my advice: wear pink. Be Arin Oshi because she is awesome and she is my favorite too haha.

• November 2016
    22 Reputation
    Thanks, everyone! This seems like an impossible decision!!

Ganbarimasu!!

• November 2016
    446 Reputation
    You should support Kanako, because she's the best.

• November 2016
    22 Reputation

She's a charismatic firecracker! There's a one-in-five chance that I will select her!!

• MM305

November 2016
    643 Reputation

She's a charismatic firecracker! There's a one-in-five chance that I will select her!!

Ah, I see what you did there!

• November 2016
    243 Reputation
    I started out liking Momoka best because she's got a great voice, but later I became more of a Kanako oshi because I admire her spirit and enthusiasm. As you go along and get to know each member better, you'll discover who you want to be rooting for. I wouldn't worry about it much. Enjoy the fun and welcome to the forum!

• November 2016
    506 Reputation
    Judging from most people I've talked to or heard talking about this it does indeed take a while to find your oshi, and it's common to go through a few changes. I was a fan of Shiori when I first got into them, because she was the first one who "stood out" to me, and I was able to recognize her over the others in most clips. But then when I got to know the rest of them I realised Aarin was more my style, and et voila. As you watch concerts and tv shows you'll see which of the girls call out to you. It may be one, it may be two, or it may be all of them. Let it happen.

• November 2016
    481 Reputation
    Since the question was more "Who will give me the best reaction?" and not "Who should my favorite be?," I'll go ahead and gamble on Reni. Momoka might also be a good choice (they are the osare-tai for a reason), but she's pretty popular overseas so you might not get as strong of an individual reaction as much as you would a collective reaction toward all the fans. Reni seems like she'd be appreciative without necessarily being generic. Maybe it's just that her smile seems the most sincere, but that's where I'd put my money.

That being said, most fans who have a "moment" with an idol that they remember forever had it during the concert, not during the meet and greet. The trick is to be on the edges of the stage, not in the middle, as the members on the edges of the dance are more likely to look out to the side at specific people rather than just out across everyone. Then you just make yourself as visible and enthusiastic as possible and maybe they'll make eye contact and smile and voila, magic moment of personal attention.

• December 2016
    10 Reputation
    I am Mononofu in Japan for 4 years. and I've been momonofu (means Ariyasu oshi).

l like her because she most try to hear mononofu's voice in the concert.

and ofter she starts to shed tears when she heard our voice directly.