How Has Momoiro Clover Changed/Affected Your Life?
  • MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Not every fan will be able to answer this question, but I would like to know how getting introduced and/or being a fan/getting obsessed with Momoiro Clover has affected you in life and interests!

It can be anything from something huge like a life struggle or bankruptcy, to something minimal as introducing you to new music artists or bands, as well as TV shows/Animes/Movies.

• January 2017
    96 Reputation
    Well, the easy answer is they've given me a lot more music to enjoy when driving or otherwise in the mood to listen. And even though I don't understand a whole lot of Japanese, a lot of their songs are very thoughtful, when I bother to look up translations. But I'd say they've also contributed to me being able to just sit back and enjoy something in life that is simple, innocent, and happy. I guess idol groups often say they want to bring the biggest smiles to people, and Momoclo certainly does that for me. Their general goofiness and shenanigans that by design crossover into things like pro wrestling, sentai, and even sports like baseball are all things that I fondly remember from my childhood. So when I watch them on variety shows or at concerts, or listen to their music, I feel like I'm able to be free and silly along with them. It's just fun. They are fun. And beyond that, it has been cool to watch these girls who started out performing when they were children work hard and grow into capable young talented women. So while they cheer their fans on and want to give us smiles, we cheer them on as well and want to see them smile. It's a cool little circle (or big one) that I'm glad to be a part of.

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Ah, thanks for being the first to participate!

• January 2017
    4653 Reputation
    I wouldn't say that they have changed or affected my life (as I was hooked on idols before them) but I would say that they have played an important part in my not slowly losing interest in idols after the Elder Club graduation at Hello!Project, and then even worse my Goddess Aya Matsuura making a vanishing act from the limelight into the oblivion of privacy and family.
    I would have lingered on for a while given my commitment to hello-online and uploading but just as I said goodbye to usenet I might have parted some day should it have become merely a chore to contribute

Momoclo were the first act to cover the void at that crucial time. And coming from the very structured world of H!P they were new in that they seemed to behave and move more without certain boundaries.
    Taking over an episode of "Music Fair" with their nuttiness when other acts would never have dared.
    The whole concept of Stardust, enhanced by Ebichu and Syachi, intrigued me. And led me to discover the richness, variety and drama that is the gotochi and independent scene which at times seems as endless as the universe itself.

And now my involvement is deeper than ever before with aidoru-online and an ever growing collection of CDs, DVDs and other releases
    http://matsuurian.com/idolcollection/index.htm

So thanks Momoclo for spending a lot more money (and time) than I should on idols. Lol

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Hey, wat you expressed counts as well! Thanks for participating!

• ebizoriebizori

January 2017
    2806 Reputation
    before I became interested in MCZ I almost did not listen to Japanese music. even I watched a lot of anime and I liked some of the soundtracks to it.

of the exceptions: in school I fond of group Maximum the Hormone, during my student years was interested in Moi dix Mois and Malice Mizer, in later years I began to like bands like Mono and Ling tosite sigure. but it was a drop in the ocean of music I'm interested in, most of which were European and American artists

MCZ have opened to me world of Japanese idols, in which I am now very much, have opened the door to many spectacular live bands and of course helped me to find a favorite band of recent years - EbiChu. yes, now I watch a lot of Japanese entertainment programs (not only TasuTasu) and watch some Japanese commercial films (although not particularly love it, always preferred arthouse cinema)

so MCZ became for me the key to the Japanese show business. thanks them for it

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Cool, thanks for participating

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Random post

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Anyone else want to share?

• January 2017
    446 Reputation
    They didn't "affect my life", because I've never even met them, but they're very entertaining. Their various shows and TV appearances make my "studying" of the Japanese language a lot more fun than I expected, when I first decided to learn the language a few years ago.

They're certainly not my only source of Japanese entertainment (I like other stuff, like the early Momusu stuff that Matt mentioned above, as well as a lot of movies, and comedy shows like Gaki no Tsukai), but MCZ is the group I watch the most often these days.

So I certainly don't mean to downplay how great they are...but they're great at entertainment, not at "changing people's lives". I'm yet to learn a single life lesson from watching Momoclo.

• January 2017
    506 Reputation
    I have to disagree with Stansfield regarding that someone can't affect your life through entertainment, or while you've never met (or in this case where they don't even know of our individual existances). Personally I would say that the moment I really became a fan of Momoclo (when a friend and I watched the Kokuritsu concert) was somewhat of a milestone in my life. Over a day many of the other things I used to spend a lot of time on, watching films, tv shows, and playing video games, went out the window, as Momoclo took up more and more of my free time, even going to Japan to see them live. Opening up a music genre I barely even knew existed, and even less believed I'd actually enjoy, for many months they were literally the only thing I listened to. Even now they are the artist I listen to the most by far. I've used last.fm to track what music I listen to since 2009, and they've completely blown away every other artist I had on there. So I mean, life lessons or not, I'd still say that counts as affecting my life. Besides that I'd say that they've inspired me to be more at peace with life, and to be open to new experiences to a higher degree than I was before.

I've also read about people saying that discovering Momoclo helped them out of depressions, so that's also something. Of course it's perfectly fine to enjoy them simply as entertainment, but I wouldn't underestimate the effect that an artist (or anyone else, for that matter), can have on other people.

• MM305

January 2017
    643 Reputation
    Spoiler:
    Especially if you have read the comment I just made in this thread that has a spoiler, it shows that ANY famous person/musician/celebrity can affect a person (male or female).

An Example would be something like this:

• MM305

February 2017
    643 Reputation
    Heck, there are fans who still feel OVERJOYED/SHOCKED to see their artists in person! There's even videos like this one here where you see numerous of fans feeling starstrucked:

There are fans who can explain/justified their crazed fandom, and then there are fans like me who just can't understand why they feel or got such an obsession with them despite knowing how silly/weird/inappropriate it looks to feel that way!

But anyways, has anyone else here had their life changed or been affected by Momoiro Clover?

• MM305

October 2017
    643 Reputation
    For any new fans, feel free to express how MCZ has affected/changes your life?