GuuChokiParty
  • vimoralvimoral

January 2017
    3147 Reputation
    Release date 24 February

The program consists in learning with children all over the country through singing and dancing. There is also a corner where children who incorporate animation, puppets, games, etc. are pleased.

• January 2017
    96 Reputation
    This will be...interesting. But I think it's a good thing, for both the girls and the kids, whether we as adult fans enjoy it or not.

• vimoralvimoral

February 2017
    3147 Reputation
    Spoiler:

• vimoralvimoral

February 2017
    3147 Reputation
    Dance video

• February 2017
    4653 Reputation
    'kay...tried to set my brain's function on lobotomy status....still didn't enjoy this....
    And our girls to me looked like they would love to be somewhere else actually. Lol
    Their interactions with the kids don't look natural
    And the kids almost constantly look off screen to whoever (probably the AD) is trying to agitate and instruct them from there
    Everything and everyone there appears fabricated and out-of-place

Sorry to be that harsh but to me this was awful

• MM305

February 2017
    643 Reputation
    Interesting concept for MCZ to do an album for the little kiddies. Of course, MCZ do have their moments of interacting with kid fans (my favorite has got to be the little kid with Kanako in 2012 during that show Kanako usually guests in).

Lets just hope they don't quote anymore curse words in this album, LOL!

• February 2017
    446 Reputation

'kay...tried to set my brain's function on lobotomy status....still didn't enjoy this....
    And our girls to me looked like they would love to be somewhere else actually. Lol
    Their interactions with the kids don't look natural
    And the kids almost constantly look off screen to whoever (probably the AD) is trying to agitate and instruct them from there
    Everything and everyone there appears fabricated and out-of-place

Sorry to be that harsh but to me this was awful

To me, it's unwatchable. Had to close the video half way through. But, then again, so is every other little kids' show I've ever seen...and yet, my 3 yo. niece reacts to them like she's watching Bogie in Casablanca.

So I honestly have no idea if this is a good kids' show or a bad one.

• MM305

February 2017
    643 Reputation
    In response to the criticism about the dance videos:

Being an uncle for 4 kids, I can tell you to never expect anthing perfect/well scripted when children are involved! Some children don't have the capability to fully understand/get into some of the fun that adults try to create for them, so you can't always expect everyone to be in sync. I mean, AT LEAST the children in those dance videos were more interested in dancing than the kids in this video:

As far as MCZ not looking they are fully into this, I gotta tell you: I would have not realized that waching these vids, because MCZ looks like they are ALWAYS having a fun time in everything they do compare to most celebrities I know! Take it from a guy who used to be obssessed with BABYMETAL, I can point to multiple interviews where the girls' expressions look even more bored than MCZ has looked in ANY of their interviews (though to be fair, it gotta be a little annoying for them that most of those interviews are from international countries and not Japan). But I mean seriously, being so interested in MCZ asd I have been, I have watched way too much of MCZ to really see any sign of boredom in their activities. It's like thse ladies just naturally have a fun bone in their body, even if it shows just a little bit.

Plus, seeing vids of MCZ with kids, I can certainly assume that MCZ really do love hanging with children. If anything, I think it's just they feel like they are having difficulties trying too make these children have some more fun, and who can blame anyonw who is trying their best to bring some fun out of the children? As an Uncle, I can say that it's not that easy to do because a lot of children are not mentally capable of understanding/getting some of the fun that adults try to create for them!

Of course, being the "young child" of the 3 members here in this thread who are talking about this issue (the other two are being Mattthecat and stansfield123), I probably don't have a very convincing reponse to this issue. I mean, Mattthecat and stansfield123 are at that "parents" age (at least I know Mattthecat is), so they probably will have more child expereinces than I have ever had!! If I'm wrong on this assumption of those two, please let me know, I wasn't trying to offend anyone!

• February 2017
    4653 Reputation
    That's the point I was trying to make:
    This was scripted and it showed because as you said you can't do that with kids that age. I am an AD myself and I have worked with kids
    You have to let them be themselves. Which doesn't seem to have happened here which made it so awkward
    The concept of the show has to take in account the capabilities of the kids. Ortherwise it won't work.

And I don't doubt that Momoclo like kids.
    But they don't seem have a natural rapport with them
    I remember an episode of Ebichu's Tasu Tasu with kids and you could see Aiai and Mayama I think having problems while Pochan just got in there naturally like a born mom (she may have a younger sister :) )

Maybe the rest of the show is better but what I saw was artificial

• ebizoriebizori

February 2017
    2806 Reputation
    Pochan has a younger sister

And yes, I agree with you, it's awfully

• MM305

February 2017
    643 Reputation
    Well like Mattthecat said, you can't script anything with kids while feeling it will work out perfectly. But at least the kids here seemed more interested than the kids in the video I just posted, so I didn't think it was all that bad considering that. (I mean really, what could you have you have expected from a show like this? It's a kids show, it's not meant to appeal for us adults!)

On a side note, MCZ seems to have more of a natural rapport than I ever will, and I'm an Uncle (LOL!). But then again, MCZ seems to know how to put on a "good time" face than most celebrities I know!

• February 2017
    4653 Reputation
    Yeah but you don't appear in a kids show :)

Granted I'm no kid either so who knows if the toddlers in front of the screen won't like it.
    That however brings me to the next point

Why do a release/show for a target audience of kindergarten kids?
    The goal of such releases/shows is to generate money for Stardust.
    The rugrats won't buy any BluRays, fill Nissan Stadium or buy overprized merchandise
    And even if they nag long enough to have their parents buy the stuff does that really grant enough revenue for such an undertaking?
    I guess parents showing their kids the show (coz they won't select it on their own) are Momoclo fans themselves.
    So why not do something worthwhile for the Mononofu instead.
    It'll be 12 years before the kids will have enough pocket money to buy releases. And whether Momoclo will still exist then...

I just think the energy would be spent much better on a show for people interested in (and willing to spend money on) MCZ right now

• February 2017
    481 Reputation
    Children have long been a part of Momoclo's brand (the zoo concert, the parent-child festivals, etc.), and you're underestimating how much money parents are willing to spend on things for their kids. There were a lot of Japanese children in the audience at the Momoclo concert in New York, and it looked like most all of them came with their entire families, and that's not a cheap trip for one person, much less 3+. This only continues in that strain of tactics in appealing to families as a whole, who do go to concerts, buy albums (they'd especially buy an album made specifically for children), and buy merchandise.

Oh, and the format is pretty standard for Japanese shows for early childhood. It's almost identical to Inai Inai Baa and that's been on the air for 20 years now.

• February 2017
    1103 Reputation

Coco Natu

Coco Natu "Lesson of the choreography"

Yattupa Norinori-! "Lesson of the choreography"

• February 2017
    1103 Reputation
    Yattupa Norinori-! "The 15 minutes video which helps mother "

• March 2017
    96 Reputation
    Do those animals and things do anything besides dance along during the shows? I don't even know what that gray thing is. LOL!

I haven't watched all the posted videos but I did watch the Coco Natsu tutorial and it at least looked to me like Shiori tried her best to teach the kids how to dance it. She seemed enthusiastic enough.

• vimoralvimoral

March 2017
    3147 Reputation
    March 10

• March 2017
    96 Reputation
    That actually wasn't too bad in my opinion. I mean, it's a teeny kids' show, but the girls smiled a lot and did their best to interact. And I think I figured out that the weird thing is a sort of Frankenstein's Monster guy. LOL! And I actually liked one of the songs enough that I think I'll listen to it more than once after the CD comes in, assuming it's included.

• vimoralvimoral

May 2017
    3147 Reputation

• vimoralvimoral

May 2017
    3147 Reputation
    They ranks 8th in oricon daily ranking

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2017-05-02/

• May 2017
    96 Reputation
    Here is the album (music CD only)!

https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=108647

Sorry that I couldn't rip the DVD as well. My laptop is old and crummy so ripping video isn't easy for me.