How did you guys take the departure of the 5th MCZ Member?
  • MM305

May 2018
    643 Reputation
    That member being Momoka Ariyasu of course, who graduated and left MCZ back at January.

I would like to know how did you all took her graduation departure? Like:
    - Did you cry?
    - Were you able to sleep well?
    - Did you cut yourself?
    - Did it affect your personal life and/or the way you go about life?

Also, how do you feel about her absence TODAY? 4 months later?

• ebizoriebizori

May 2018
    2806 Reputation
    I see she's happy and it's so good

I was not particularly influenced by her graduation. It was a little unexpected, but not deadly

• vimoralvimoral

May 2018
    3147 Reputation
    I do miss her, I do not stop supporting the group but FOR ME (I respect the opinions of the rest) I think that the group is no longer the same and I think that their lives have resented for this loss.

• May 2018
    4653 Reputation
    Aya Matsuura's vanishing act was a lot more painful for me.
    As ebizori said she seems in a very good mood, and her social media appearances indicate that she probably will return to showbusiness at one point

I can't say that my enthusiasm for Momoclo hasn't been diminished by her graduation
    She was the main reason I watched the group, and to me her absence clearly shows.
    I will continue to support them but with less vigor than before

• MM305

May 2018
    643 Reputation
    vimoral said:

I do miss her, I do not stop supporting the group but FOR ME (I respect the opinions of the rest) I think that the group is no longer the same and I think that their lives have resented for this loss.

What do you mean by their lives being resented?...Are you saying that there lives are suffering because of her absence? Or that they are bitter now because of her absence?

EDIT: Thank you folks for answering. :)

• vimoralvimoral

May 2018
    3147 Reputation
    ^ With resented lives I mean worse quality in their performances.

• MM305

May 2018
    643 Reputation
    Oh, so you meant lives as in "live performances". Got it!

I mean, the way all of their songs are structured, being one member short (no matter who it is) will never match that uniqueness as it would when they were structured for 5 people. But thankfully, a lot of those songs are doable with 4, and from the live footage I gave seen with just the 4, there performances still works very well to me. I mean, it's not like Momoka was the ONLY reason their performances were seen as spectacular. No doubt, her absence does affect the group's performances and leaves the hole that most of these songs (except the new ones) were made for, but I say they are doing pretty fine in that department because of the strengths of the other 4 (it just they will never be better than what they were).

If they were a 10 at best, not they are an 8!

• knot555

May 2018
    30 Reputation
    2014 I went to Japan to see BABYMETAL. When i got there I saw an MCZ clip and was hooked by Momoka in an instant and listened to them every day from then on until her graduation and after that day I couldn't listen to them anymore. Was it upsetting? I'll just say I will never watch that concert again. Since then I've only listened to her album (from that genre/group) because for me that magic they had is now gone. The high point of their songs was always her shining vocal which was plain as day no matter who your fav member is. I watched Haru no Ichidaiji and after seeing that I would rather have had them add another strong singer/dancer to fill the massive hole I saw and wasn't that the reason Momoka was added to the group in the first place? As much as I still love the other girls the new material just doesn't gel with me. I'm so grateful I saw Momoka perform with them a couple of times. My first concert was Kiss in 1980 and from the hundreds of artists I've seen since I can honestly say MOMOKA-KURO is right up there with my fav concerts of all time

• MM305

May 2018
    643 Reputation
    If that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

But honestly, I don't think the hole is that massive where they can't survive being fun/successful without her. While she have her role in some of the biggest songs, so did the other members of the group. Like I said, it's not like Momoka was ever the ONLY reason their performances were seen as spectacular. No doubt, her absence does affect the group's performances and leaves the hole that most of these songs (except the new ones) were made for, but I say they that because of the strengths of the other 4 members, they are still a fun group for other folks to enjoy.

They just will never be better than what they were. If they were a 10 at best with her, now they are an 8 without her.

• November 2018
    96 Reputation
    I was sad, and still miss seeing her when I watch current MCZ stuff. But people move on in life, and Momoka decided it was her time to move on from MCZ. I wish her the best, and will continue to enjoy what she gave us when I listen to songs she sang and watch older MCZ vids. And who knows? Maybe one day she'll return to showbiz and we can enjoy some new stuff she does.