Have you guys EVER been teased/bullied for following Momoiro Clover Z?
  • MM305

November 2018
    643 Reputation
    I don't need to answer my own question here, because I have answered it TOO MANY times already (as well as repeatedly admitting that they are my Biggest GUILTY Pleasure). (Otherwise if you want to talk to me about my position, just PM me).

But let's not make this about me again, because this was made for you folks. This was made to add more discussion to this forum, as well as sharing your experiences with folks who I'm sure won't add more fuel to the fire with the bullying/teasing. I know some have already answered, but we've had new members of this forum since then, so let them admit their stuff.

And so I ask: Have any of you been teased/bullied for following MCZ? If so, how did you overcame it? Or are you still hurt from it?

• SpookyBSpookyB

November 2018
    28 Reputation
    Oh definitely, at the time i first got into MCZ i was, as they say, the token 'weeb' at my school despite only listening to the odd JPop group. It never effected me badly, just made me more self conscious of telling people the kind of music i liked :/ Of course i was young then so teasing wasnt uncommon so really i just ignored it and went on with life ha

• November 2018
    4653 Reputation
    Just one clear word of advice:
    If this becomes:
    "Enough talk about me. So guys, what do YOU think about my problem"
    then this thread will be closed IMMEDIATELY

There will be no sneaking the tired old discussion back in through through the backdoor.
    Comprende?

• MM305

November 2018
    643 Reputation
    Comprende! That’s why I told folks to PM if they want to know why I feel what I feel, to avoid talking about me here. Thanks SpookyB for answering.

• MM305

November 2018
    643 Reputation
    And just for the fun of it Matthcat, why don’t you participate: Have you EVER been teased/bullied for following MCZ? (I think I know the answer, but why not share with the new folks)

• November 2018
    4653 Reputation
    No I haven't. On the contrary. I have met open minds and interest about Momoclo and idols in general.
    And even if I had I couldn't have cared less.

• November 2018
    96 Reputation
    I never have. I don't share my love of MCZ with everyone, simply because a lot of my friends and life acquaintances don't enjoy Japanese music. But my close friends know, and I have shared with them. A couple of my friends have even become fans after being introduced to their music (not as big as me, but fans nonetheless). And the other fans I've met in real life or spoken to here have all been pleasant people to talk with.

• MM305

December 2018
    643 Reputation
    Just so I won't have to make another thread, I would like to ask you all a second question: Have you EVER considered MCZ (or even the sister groups) as a guilty pleasure?

• December 2018
    446 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Just so I won't have to make another thread, I would like to ask you all a second question: Have you EVER considered MCZ (or even the sister groups) as a guilty pleasure?

No, Momoclo, Ebichu and Shachi (the three Stardust acts I pay attention to) all release really high quality music. Anyone who thinks they're a "guilty pleasure" probably uses genre classifications, rather than actual understanding of music, to define what is and isn't good music.

• MM305

December 2018
    643 Reputation

MM305 said:

Anyone who thinks they're a "guilty pleasure" probably uses genre classifications, rather than actual understanding of music, to define what is and isn't good music.

For those folks, it's more because of the type of music they perform and the voices they sing in (because they are rather girly/cutesy). Even if well produced, it's a style that can make certain folks uncomfortable.

• ebizoriebizori

December 2018
    2806 Reputation
    Yes, I feel "guilty pleasure" for my love for japanese idols,
    So I just try not to listen to them with other people, except those closest to me, and not to advertise and emphasize this my love

• MM305

December 2018
    643 Reputation
    I get you.

Thanks for answering.

• December 2018
    446 Reputation
    MM305 said:

For those folks, it's more because of the type of music they perform and the voices they sing in (because they are rather girly/cutesy). Even if well produced, it's a style that can make certain folks uncomfortable.

Aaaand we're back to these non-existing people and their non-existing discomfort. So there was no subject change at all? You could care less about guilty pleasures, you just "changed the subject" to try and bait people back into the only thing you wanna talk about (and, clearly, no one else wants to talk about)?

Now I know how a stupid fish must feel when it bites down on a yummy looking wiggly worm, and realizes there was a rusty hook in it.

• MM305

December 2018
    643 Reputation
    It’s not about me here, I’m just addressing how other folks think since you claimed there was one way for them to see it that way.

But if your gonna just claim it’s just me, then let’s not dwell on that here for the sake of contaminating this thread (that I promised Matthecat). This was not posted for “bait and switch” sake.

Thanks for answering though.

• MM305

December 2018
    643 Reputation
    Though, I would like you to answer the original question of this post as well (please): Have you ever been teased or bully for following MCZ?

• February 2019
    96 Reputation
    So, I just started watching a new Japanese drama that is tangentially related to this topic. It's called Tokusatsu GaGaGa. It's about an adult female (in Japan of course), who works at an office and is expected to be a proper young hardworking lady. The problem is, she's a big fan of tokusatsu, specifically the superhero sub-genre (basically Power Rangers). She loves these TV shows that are made for kids. No self-respecting adult, especially an OL, should be a fan of those! But she is. The show deals with her struggles of hiding but still enjoying her fandom, and it is very charming and funny while at the same time addressing a serious issue. I recommend you watch it. I don't know if it's streaming anywhere but I'll link the site I download the torrent from. They're a great fansubbing group.

http://www.tvnihon.com/ - Parent website

http://tracker.tvnihon.com/index.php?category=133 - torrent list for the episodes, though only the first is released thus far

• MM305

April 2019
    643 Reputation
    Just curious: Has anyone else gave this show a shot?

I have, but it doesn't completely relates to my situation since I myself hate that I feel interested in this group, but can't completely get it out of my life (kind of like a drug). Plus in real life, females can get away having male/childish things more so than males getting away having female/childish interests.

But anyway, have any of you besides Kurisenshi watched this show, or try to watch it? If so, what do you think?

• April 2019
    446 Reputation
    MM305 said:

I have, but it doesn't completely relates to my situation since I myself hate that I feel interested in this group, but can't completely get it out of my life (kind of like a drug). Plus in real life, females can get away having male/childish things more so than males getting away having female/childish interests.

You can't "get away with it" because you're psychologically dependent on others. It's not like the Police are going to show up at your door and arrest you for your "weird" interests. Any power anyone has over you is in your head. You're giving it to them.

So stop blaming your circumstances, or your gender, or whatever else you're blaming, and figure out a way to be self reliant. Then you can have any interests you want, and no one can do anything about it. And that's not easier to do for women, by the way. Women are objectively more dependent on social structures than men (because women give birth and need help raising children). So they in fact tend to be less independent and assertive than men. Your gender is an advantage in this case.

Also, your nature has nothing to do with morality. You are who you are, that's not up to moral evaluation, it's not good or bad, it's objective fact. So stop hating some parts and liking other parts, and definitely stop trying to change them. You're not gonna change yourself, you're never going to shape yourself into only liking Nascar, football, Lynyrd Skynyrd and nothing else. You're just gonna suppress parts of you and then fill the void with inauthentic bullshit, and live a dull, unremarkable life as a result.

The sooner you accept who you are and learn to like it the sooner these imaginary problems go away. And then we can put this aggravating thread to sleep too.

• MM305

April 2019
    643 Reputation
    Thanks for the advice.

But I still wonder, have you gave the show a try?

• MM305

April 2019
    643 Reputation
    By the way, when I said it’s easier for women, I meant that they are not held to being feminine as hard as males are held to be masculine. A female who attends a metal concert or a pro wrestling show would not get that many looks/insults compared to a male attending a boy band/(western) girl-group concert. [Not to say metal and pro wrestling is for males only, but you will more likely be approached by male fans than female fans...and I cant say the same thing about boy bands and Western girl groups]

Take what this video starting at 6:23 where they point out how both boy bands and girl groups (in the West) targets females...and then listen to the sister of the two siblings who said that a female can get away and feel more comfortable being a fan compared to a male. That is what I meant when I said that!

But again, now that this was clarified, let me know: Have you gave the show a watch?