General Discussion
  • RevanRevan

November 2015
    230 Reputation
    any one know how does Gundam Iron Blood Op and Ed and Onepunch~man Op and Ed do in general sales rank ? all 4 of it to me is a great anime song (i really wish one of it is MCZ :( ), if all 4 doing good in chart than i think it's ok if the girls do Anisong, if anisong sales chart isn't good than i hope it's not Anisong.... , btw Gundam Iron Blood Op is Raise your Flag and Ed is Orphan to the sky ... i think, and Onepunch man is ..... lol i don't know the tiltle for both XD

• November 2015
    366 Reputation
    I thought I was listening to Megaman X BGM at first...
    and no, please no tie up or anything.

• November 2015
    372 Reputation

Personally, I consider idols to be pretty much any choreographed singing group whose artistic vision is primarily decided by their agency/management. The people I consider idols also tend to be marketed largely in channels other than their music, for example appearing on variety shows or having their own dramas or anime (or gravure in some cases). So I consider a lot of different groups to be idols (or at least close enough to compete in that area) - Perfume, Babymetal, E-Girls, and Momoclo would all count to me, alongside your "traditional" groups like AKB and Morning Musume with the handshakes, regular graduations, gravure photobooks and all that. I would guess that NHK figures there's enough of an overlapping market between all those different types of groups that they aren't going to bother dividing them up more finely; they're looking more at divisions like "enka singers or bands" vs. "idol-ish groups".

Plus, Momoclo proudly call themselves idols. You can't argue with the label when they give it to themselves :P

Ok, well, by that definition, I count at least six acts that are idols on the Red Team alone (and there's a bunch of names I don't know, some of them might fit the definition too). So is NHK really cutting down on idol acts?

I would guess that NHK figures there's enough of an overlapping market between all those different types of groups that they aren't going to bother dividing them up more finely;

Yes, that's what I meant when I said they're out of touch: they don't bother understanding the massive differences (much greater than the similarities) between a Babymetal and even Momoclo type group, and AKB and their sister groups.

Also, I'm not into Babymetal, but they also should be at Kouhaku. They have serious international fame, at this point. I just heard Gimme Choco on a prime time American network show two weeks ago. Another example of Kouhaku producers failing to understand what's going on with Japanese pop culture.

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation
    Lol. After the way things went this year for MCZ, the strategy for the marketing on the new albums is anyones guess, specialy after the things that happened just recently.
    They probably will keep generating some buzz, but to actually release a single previous to the release date of the albums could happen, but im not counting on that.

Of course im no expert. Lol Anything goes in MCZ camp

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation

Also, I'm not into Babymetal, but they also should be at Kouhaku. They have serious international fame, at this point. I just heard Gimme Choco on a prime time American network show two weeks ago. Another example of Kouhaku producers failing to understand what's going on with Japanese pop culture.

As much as i love Babymetal, i dont think they´re fit for Kouhaku. They belong in Reading, Leeds and Wembley.

Who knows? I took forever for X-Japan to be there so maybe

• November 2015
    144 Reputation
    AMomonofu said:

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL kinda reminds me of Fate/Stay for some reason 0.0

It actually does sound kind of like Ideal White now that you bring it up. I'm pretty excited to see some PV-level non-tie-in songs - they've always done a good job with those, and Neo Stargate and Birth 0 Birth are probably still my favourite things from 5th Dimension. That preview is too short though :-))

Ok, well, by that definition, I count at least six acts that are idols on the Red Team alone (and there's a bunch of names I don't know, some of them might fit the definition too). So is NHK really cutting down on idol acts?

Yeah, you're right about that. I always kind of forget about E-girls, and I guess the loss of a bunch of groups from last year made me think there were fewer idols left than there actually are. I would say though that NHK certainly isn't going to add more groups than they had last year, so the fact that they had to put in μ's and Nogizaka meant that other groups had to get cut. Like I said before, it definitely won't be AKB, and E-Girls probably has an assured spot because of their political connections with the EXILE groups. A bunch of the AKB sister groups already got cut, so if they wanted to get rid of anyone else that's idol-like, only Perfume and Momoclo are really left. Perfume has more of a tradition of appearing there, so I'm not that surprised that they would have picked Momoclo to drop out of those two. Like I said before, I think Perfume may be getting the axe soon too, especially since Kyary Pamyu Pamyu was dropped this year (unless μ's ends up being a one-time thing).

Yes, that's what I meant when I said they're out of touch: they don't bother understanding the massive differences (much greater than the similarities) between a Babymetal and even Momoclo type group, and AKB and their sister groups.

Well, from what I've seen, the Japanese fanbase of these groups does overlap a fair bit, even with Babymetal. I get the impression that they're seen there a lot more as an idol group trying to be different than as a metal band fronted by idols (which seems to be a common viewpoint in the Western press). All of them largely appeal to the type of young male audience that frequents places like Akihabara, and NHK wants to also get stuff that completely different demographics will like. Really, if you were to show an AKB and Momoclo (or any of the other idol-related groups) live to some random person, they'd probably see more similarities than differences, so I can see where they're coming from.

As for Babymetal, Kohaku is only really concerned with Japanese audiences (that might not be a good thing, but it's not going to change anytime soon), and Babymetal is just not big enough in Japan. Momoclo would have been invited on before them. I'd also contend that a lot of their international fame is just from viral exposure and people going all "WTF Japan" like with Kyary before; from what I've seen, mostly only people in the existing metal community, which is already kind of niche, really like them internationally.

• honkey5honkey5

December 2015
    304 Reputation
    Babymetal went from a gimmick to a genuine Metal entity thanks to their staff that decided to put aside the pop side and focus on the metal side. But despite playing in Budokan, i highly doubt they have the audience for a Nissan stadium in their home country. Besides Gimme choco waslast year's. I dont think Resistance was a hit. It will be a classic they still will be playing in encores in ten years - providing they are still together then - but it wasnt something to get them in kouhaku

I digress

• December 2015
    116 Reputation
    Babymetal is performing at Yokohama Arena this december, and played at SSA earlier this year, so I feel like they're definitely at a level that extremely few idol groups get to reach in terms of fan size. I think its niche genre will keep them from getting chosen though.

• honkey5honkey5

December 2015
    304 Reputation
    Pretty much your last line.. i would love to see Suzuka and the girls there just because that would make foam at the mouth to people that dismisses as a novelty act , but i think they're doing just fine playing at Ozzfest and Donnington

• eyelesseyeless

December 2015
    2256 Reputation
    momomofu said:

http://natalie.mu/music/news/166022
    December 2
    2015 FNS Kayousai
    Momoiro Clover Z
    December 16
    2015 FNS Kayousai THE LIVE
    Momoiro Clover Z

watch it live here http://wilsonjj.me/jptv/

• December 2015
    372 Reputation
    Did Momoclo already play, or are they coming up?

• December 2015
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    Momoclo will sing Santa San after this.

• December 2015
    5201 Reputation
    FNS Timetable
    http://www.fujitv.co.jp/FNS/2015/time01.html

THE ALFEE×ももいろクローバーZ「メリーアン」

嵐&ももいろクローバーZ「WISH」2015FNS歌謡祭 2015 12 02

FNS歌謡祭2015 サンタさん ももいろクローバーZ

• December 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Show's still running, and the two new songs are already in the Momoclo Songs Database
    Boy I'm fast :)

http://matsuurian.com/mcz/songs/marieanne.htm
    http://matsuurian.com/mcz/songs/wish.htm

I did hesitate with "Wish" for a moment as they opened their mouth but are barely (if at all) audible. But what the heck. Lol

• eyelesseyeless

December 2015
    2256 Reputation
    I rate their Santa San performance as their best on FNS ever, they're being them self and that's Momoclo =D>

• December 2015
    38 Reputation

and the two new songs

Had a small heart attack, thinking these were new Momoclo songs; and a fist-thumping-on-the-desk-in-anger moment to see the videos were set to private. Then I realised that these were cover tunes. OK, I can relax.

Fun performance of Santa San, with Reni's little magic trick. :D

• December 2015
    3398 Reputation
    The show's ts is still downloading. That'll take some time with 25GB...
    I'll have the performances uploaded by tomorrow I think

• AzureusAzureus

December 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Momoclo FNS on DailyMotion in HD

Spoiler:
    [ももいろクローバーZ][2015 FNS歌謡祭] メリーアン

[ももいろクローバーZ][2015 FNS歌謡祭] WISH

[ももいろクローバーZ][2015 FNS歌謡祭] サンタさん

• December 2015
    3398 Reputation

• December 2015