General Discussion
  • vimoralvimoral

August 2017
    1423 Reputation
    Sad news, I think she is one of the pillars of the group and one of my favorites.

I have not been able understand their reasons, She want to live her adolescence? She leaves show business?

• ebizoriebizori

August 2017
    2293 Reputation
    She will not leave show business, she will not be an idol just

• August 2017
    5201 Reputation
    Maimai blog
    https://ameblo.jp/tacoyaki-rainbow/entry-12306543006.html
    Today's positive words
    "Massugu Kimi Dake ni Arittake no Ai wo Sasageyou" (Massugu:Aiai part)
    I will give you all of love.

• InvaderInvader

August 2017
    1737 Reputation
    Well, that's definitely sad news. aiai has always been my favorite and it will be really weird to see Ebichu without her.

I'm thinking about what I would prefer... new members and get used to Ebichu songs with different people like other idol groups? We got lucky with Kaho and Riko, I don't know if that would work again.

If they don't get new members it's going to be hard seeing them go one by one until there's just a few left. I wish when Ebichu disbands they would do it all together.

I don't know what aiai wants to do after graduation but I wish her the best and if it's something on the entertainment business I'll support her for sure.

• August 2017
    469 Reputation
    I'm definitely going to miss her, but I have a lot of respect for her intelligence and character, so I'll trust her judgement, and hope that this turns out to be something good. I think that she has a lot of good potential careers ahead of her, in and out of the entertainment world, depending on what she wants to do.

• August 2017
    154 Reputation
    Sad sad news, but she has to do what she needs to do. I'm sure she's torn about leaving.

But worst of all I'm not sure if our beloved Ebichu will make it past 2018 :(

• August 2017
    372 Reputation
    Is she leaving Stardust, too?

• August 2017
    272 Reputation
    Nooooooooo

• August 2017
    272 Reputation
    EBICHU NEED'S NEW MEMBERS (PLS STA-DASUTO)

• August 2017
    5201 Reputation
    Mezamashi TV

• August 2017
    402 Reputation
    PurynMon said:

EBICHU NEED'S NEW MEMBERS (PLS STA-DASUTO)

I don't think new members are nescessary

• September 2017
    113 Reputation
    Here is my translation of Aiai's blog post:

A notification from Hirota Aika

I, Hirota Aika, will be changing schools on 3 January 2018.

The number 1 reason is that when I compare my current life as an 18-year-old
    with what I imagined it to be...
    I come to find it lacking.
    There are still many things that I want to do.
    Because I don't want to end up regretting the life I lead,
    I have made this decision.

I am fundamentally bad at working in a group.
    It has nothing to do with who is doing what.
    Merely being in a group is something I find difficult to deal with.

To think that I was already discussing leaving Ebichuu
    during the first few months...
    And yet I ended up staying enrolled for 8 years!!!
    This is the most surprising fact to me.

Up until now I thought of changing schools many, many times...

But,

Receiving everyone's support,
    And being able to talk to you...

with these 2 things I was able to continue.

What scared me more than anything,
    was losing those moments of happiness.

The fun and happy times exceeded the times of sadness and depression,
    and were thus able to keep me going.

I am truly thankful for everyone for supporting me through all those times.

While plans for my future are still undecided,
    up until 3 January I will charge ahead with all my might as an Idol.

I don't know what will happen or when...
    but I will definitely continue chasing after my dreams.
    I will certainly continue activities in the entertainment business,
    so even if I'm changing schools, we will definitely be able to meet again!

However, there is a time limit on Aika Hirota the Idol.
    It would be really great if I, as an Idol, could personally thank as many people as possible.
    I hope I will be able to meet you!

Please continue supporting Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku.

Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku,
    Attendance number 6
    Hirota Aika.

• September 2017
    469 Reputation
    Thanks for the translation!

but I will definitely continue chasing after my dreams.
    I will certainly continue activities in the entertainment business,

I didn't think she'd be able to stay away from the spotlight! By now, it has to be too much a part of her..

What scared me more than anything,
    was losing those moments of happiness.

The fun and happy times exceeded the times of sadness and depression,
    and were thus able to keep me going.

I'd worry about her going through a massive emotional letdown if she did leave show business - I think that does happen with some former idols, particularly since so many of them (like Aiai) basically grow from childhood into being young adults as idols. That's another reason why I'm glad that she's staying in the business.

However, there is a time limit on Aika Hirota the Idol.

This is also something I expected - at some point, she'll make the transition from idol to some other style of celebrity - actress, TV personality, solo singer, etc. I'm glad that she's thinking and talking about this already (although I wouldn't expect anything less from her).

• September 2017
    154 Reputation
    I heard she's giving up showbiz to be a train driver :)

• September 2017
    113 Reputation
    Diamondo said:

I heard she's giving up showbiz to be a train driver :)

Hahaha omg XD

• vimoralvimoral

September 2017
    1423 Reputation

I am fundamentally bad at working in a group.
    It has nothing to do with who is doing what.
    Merely being in a group is something I find difficult to deal with.

This morning I have reading blogs that have written Kaho, Mayama and Hinata about her graduation and I was surprised that except Hinata the rest has been quite brief and have moved on to other topics

I think Aiai has enough talent to devote herself to what she wants

• September 2017
    469 Reputation
    I think that's one of the things that drew me to Aiai - not so much that she had trouble working in a group, but the kind of independent attitude that went along with it. My favorite Morning Musume member for a long time was Tanaka Reina, who had a similar kind of independent attitude. I think that in both cases, it isn't that they're antisocial - they just naturally tend to go their own way, and they're both reasonably confident about doing so.
    (This is the first time I've consciously drawn that parallel between Aiai and Reina, but now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense.)

• September 2017
    88 Reputation
    I'm actually really surprised but I also can't blame her. The life these girls (and boys) must lead as idols must be very stressful and they must find it hard to have time to themselves to do what they want. I think Aiai has always been the most independent. You can see she loves doing her solo work and I think if it's something she feels that strongly about nothing but support should be given for her. Still crazy though.

I don't think Ebichu need new members but I would actually like to see one or two to bring them back up to 8 again. I feel like Ebichu does best in big numbers and if they were to lose another member having them as just another 5 member Stardust group would be kind of boring.

• September 2017
    372 Reputation

I'm actually really surprised but I also can't blame her. The life these girls (and boys) must lead as idols must be very stressful and they must find it hard to have time to themselves to do what they want. I think Aiai has always been the most independent. You can see she loves doing her solo work and I think if it's something she feels that strongly about nothing but support should be given for her. Still crazy though.

I don't think Ebichu need new members but I would actually like to see one or two to bring them back up to 8 again. I feel like Ebichu does best in big numbers and if they were to lose another member having them as just another 5 member Stardust group would be kind of boring.

They should stick with the current lineup. I think that if they bring in new members, other older members will feel out of place and leave.

Aiai is definitely the most talented out of not just Ebichu, but the entire Stardust idol department (in fact, even the entire Japanese idol scene), but there are a couple of other really good singers in the group who have the option to go some place else as well. So I'd be careful, if I was Stardust management. Ebichu is still a very interesting group, with plenty of potential. There's no reason to turn them into Morning Musume.

• September 2017
    242 Reputation
    I personally would also prefer that no new members be brought in, but we'll see what happens.

On one hand it's not that surprising that aiai wants to leave, especially as she's probably the most unique and solo oriented out of the Ebichu members. On the other hand maybe I expected them to stay in their current line-up for a bit longer. Oh well, it is definitely a shame but in the end, maybe they can make it work with 6 members too. So far for なないろ I guess!