General Discussion
  • mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    thank you! that answered a lot of questions, and fishpockets was right on the button about Aika =D>
    I'm agreed eye bags are definitely attractive and pretty cool, Akarin and Hirono have the best kind.

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    That was really interesting. I always thought Nao from Syachi and Towa ex-Takoniji looked like Kanako. At that time I took it as Stardust trying to make mini-momoclo and choosing them because of Kanako, but the face ratio might explain why they choose similar people.

The first time my mom saw Ebichu she asked me if aiai was Reni's sister. And also Hinata and Kaho look at least like cousins. :))

• November 2014
    469 Reputation
    Hinata and Kaho also act like they could be related -- they have a very similar kind of wonderful laugh-happily-at-everything-and-make-funny-faces sense of humor! :))

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    momomofu said:

1:20~
    Hasegawa:It was in an audition of the last year that I met her for the first time.
    She was not good at speaking. She said "I want to sing a song". We were surprised as soon as we watched her performance.

Her name?

Hasegawa:Her name is Hirota Aika

For a long time I wondered if she uses that ridiculous moe voice to disguise speech problems, and between this and what limited videos I've seen of her not using it, I'm leaning towards it being the case. I guess they're different skills, but it's a little surprising considering her singing abilities.

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    I don't know if Aiai's voice is natural.
    It seems that EbiChu members thought that her voice was not natural when they met her for the first time.
    However, they heard her mom and elder sister's voice later, and they changed their own idea.
    That is, her mother and elder sister had the same voice as her.
    It seems that Aiai's grandma cannot identify their voice.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    it's definitely not her natural speaking voice, but like I said, it seems like she has some kind of lisp almost like Momoka when she speaks "normally" so I can see why she tries to hide it.

lol, someone uploaded that super awkward clip from Global Ka Keikaku where she's talking about her stuffed pandas

• InvaderInvader

November 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I think aiai's voice suits her eccentric personality, so I've never given it much thought.

It's not that uncommon for people to have problems with pronunciation while speaking but none when they sing. A famous singer in my country has a strong accent and a way of pronouncing things completely different from the way she sings.

(The video with the pandas is adorable)

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    I'm not criticizing, she's just such a weirdo that I find her fascinating and try to understand where she's coming from. :)

• OM617OM617

November 2014
    176 Reputation
    Talking and singing use different areas of the brain. Thats why police instruct DUI suspects to speak the alphabet without singing.

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^ you learn something new everyday
    I remember she mentioned about her thought in her blog when a fan asked if she likes her own voice, couldn't find it at this time instead I dug into an interesting post by the Rijicho (section 3 president). I just find out that he used to post stories in their blog until 2012 and mostly about mildly interesting and funny history of momoclo and ebichu.
    History of Ebichu
    Hello, this is President the Wild Angus (a wrestler nickname) again, I'm getting tired about Momoclo's history as for now, let's take a detour and talk something about Ebichu
    Once upon a time in section 3 meeting in 2009
    rijicho: little sister! I want a little sister!
    some staff: eh little sister? the sister of who?
    rijicho: well Momoclo of course
    staff: Isn't it a bit too soon!?
    rijicho: Even Morning Musume has Berryz Koubou!
    staff: Momusu, who doesn't know about Momusu? And all we have is this Momoclo, they're completely obscure!
    rijicho: Either make a sister group now or never, find me some cute girls!
    staff: seriously!?

thus they gathered some cute girls and got another meeting started
    Rijicho: I'm gonna name the new group "Ebisu48", what do you think?
    staff: No way! That's way too dangerous!
    Rijicho: Okay, 49 then.
    staff: That's still dangerous!
    Rijicho: well, let's make it's like forty something, it's good enough, also I want to make it something with schoolgirl, teacher and stuff!
    Rijicho: Ah I knew! How about Ebisu Junior High?
    staff: School? is it going to be a private school (shiritsu) or public?
    Rijicho: gotta be private, it's fun and we will have something to do if it's a coed school!

and then the activities of our five girls was started. This is a story about what happened a year before this event. http://ameblo.jp/shirituebichu/day-20100713.html

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Ebi Collection vol.12

• mocha21mocha21

November 2014
    380 Reputation
    Hirono Official Calendar 2015 launch event

• asan

November 2014
    462 Reputation
    The thing she's holding is the calendar. 16 pages in a CD case for $20. And rather hard to get.

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Ebichu [Event] Haitateki Handshake Event

• asan

November 2014
    462 Reputation
    momomofu said:

I don't know if Aiai's voice is natural.

For Banpaku 2013 she did MC without unusual pronunciations.

In an interview at Inazuma 2014 she called it 普通, and that her mother and sister would talk the same. Hinata said you can't tell the three apart.

So I'd say it's natural for her, but she wasn't born that way.

If you watch enough MomoClo and Ebichu stuff you'll catch moments when they're hectic or forget the camera, and all turn into regular teenagers, which mostly means deeper voices and different vocabulary. But we're here for the show, right? So who cares?

Momoka often said she uses Kansaiben at home. Apart from short phrases I never heard her do it, but I also never saw anybody discussing whether her accent is natural...

EDIT Aarin may be the least guarded with this. I've caught myself thinking "how dare my princess talk like a street urchin", but that way lies madness.

• November 2014
    262 Reputation
    I just prefer natural voices. Aarin's natural voice is really nice, IMO. I don't find deeper voices to necessarily be "unladylike."

• asan

November 2014
    462 Reputation

I don't find deeper voices to necessarily be "unladylike."

Of course. Aarin bubbling up the registers is amazing. Her words just sometimes become all contractions.

Sorry for derailing.

• November 2014
    469 Reputation
    I think that it's kind of natural for people to speak and behave differently when they know that they're in the public eye, so I'd expect some kind of shift between acting like normal teenagers and how they behave and talk when they're aware that they're on camera.

What I find interesting about Aiai's style of speech is that it seems so extreme. If, on one hand, her mother and sister talk that way, and she considers it normal, and on the other hand, she can shift in and out of it, I think I'd have to consider it a style. And to some degree, that happens in a lot of families and social groups -- styles of speech, private slang, ways of doing or saying things that only your family or friends understand. In her case, it's like she's turned her style of speech into her personal trademark -- something that says, "This is Aiai, and don't you forget it!" :))

Maybe what makes Aiai seem so unusual is that she has a very strong personality, and a lot of natural charisma, and she is eccentric (in a good way) -- she's willing to stand out like a sore thumb, and she enjoys it. (These are all qualities which I admire.)

• November 2014
    5201 Reputation
    I have heard her low voice. She has not said that she cannot utter in a low voice.
    We also can utter in a high-pitched voice, right?
    It is true that she sometimes utters in a strange voice exaggeratedly.

Kishidan Banpaku 2013?
    EbiChu acted the delinquent girl roles and uttered in low voice purposely.

• imint21imint21

November 2014
    375 Reputation
    Today 28/11 is Hinata 4th anniversary since her joining in Ebichu.. Omedetou gozaimasu Hinachan~

It's may a little bit big so I'll put some pics in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I have been busy with the exam all this month :'(. Will definitely come back with some Ebichu's stuff...
    Credit here: http://prcm.jp/list/%E7%A7%81%E7%AB%8B%E6%81%B5%E6%AF%94%E5%AF%BF%E4%B8%AD%E5%AD%A6. You can look up for some nice pics of Ebi's members. They update it daily :D