What happen to momoiroclover.net?
  • eyelesseyeless

February 2014
    2265 Reputation
    I think I owe you all an explanation .. 

It's happen on January 23rd, when suddenly my VPS (Virtual Private Server) went offline, it hosts two of my websites, vid48.com and momoiroclover.net. When I realize this, I sent a support ticket to technical support of hosting company, then I waited, because it happened before and usually it only went offline for a couple hours or a day max.

24 hours has passed, I sent another ticket, then I waited again, until a week, they never responded to any of my tickets. Then I tried everything, email, call, etc with no result. 

The worst thing had happened to me, I did backup my files and databases, but I put it on the server as well (I'm that stupid), so I have no choice but to wait and hope this thing happen because I abuse their bandwidth (with vid48.com) and would be online when the counter was reset on February.

It's not happening .. 

Momoiroclover.net
    I gave up on the hosting company, maybe they went bankrupt or something I wouldn't know. My main concern was how to save this forum, I only have mid 2013 backup of momoiroclover,net, I'm really sorry but that's all I've got. With so many messages sent to me concerning about momoiroclover.net, I just need to revive this forum. The good thing is, I manage my domain on another provider, so it's still mine, and I set up a new host. 

I need to make up my stupidity with something, so I change forum software into a better one (in my opinion ofc ^^). The main problem is, I lost a lot of members and contents, so if any of you can't login, please take your time to re-register. The latest post is about 5th Dimension and Peach for the star concert, so I need to catch up a lot of stuff especially related to news and information. I can't do it myself and I need all of your help to accomplish this.

In other word, let's rebuild this place.

vid48.com
    This is really hard, I have the latest application on me, but I don't have any backup for files (videos, images, etc) and those are huge .. really huge. I'm not sure about starting from zero for this site, setting up vid48 is really a pain, and I'm not in the mood to do it right now.

I'm really sorry, especially for all the uploaders like mochichan, halfass, mattthecat, oshiruka, aidol, etc. I messed up all of your hard work. Probably I'll revive it someday, but I'm not promising anything. 

Did I learn something?
    Yes, I should be more paranoid and go with the standard procedure to put backups on different machine. 

Thank you for reading this and mind my English :)

• erimeaerimea

February 2014
    74 Reputation
    *phew* we were all getting worried >_< thank for the hard work eyeless :) 

• February 2014
    28 Reputation
    BUMMER!!  Oh well...I'm sure that in the future there will always be a backup...it just takes that ONE time to lose data to set the world straight.

• February 2014
    93 Reputation
    The content that was lost is not a problem that will keep us from starting again. I was worried that we would never get the forum back and to not know how I could help... now I'm really glad it's back \o/

Eyeless, don't worry too much about this fault. We all know you do an amazing job mantaining this forum and we are all grateful for that. 
    Yey!! \o/ the forum is back!!!

• February 2014
    14 Reputation
    Ohhhh so that's what happened. For a few days i was paranoid thinking i was banned for being a useless lurker or something. Lol

• February 2014
    4653 Reputation
    Well let's get to work then :)

• AzureusAzureus

February 2014
    1484 Reputation
    Like Leticia said, don't worry about the lost content. We look forward to continue finding stuff about momoclo.

eyeless, I want to thank you for putting this site back up.

• February 2014
    10 Reputation
    Hey, this is DJ-AN0N. My username seems to still be in the database but I cannot login plus I cannot register with that nickname. Maybe others are having or will have that problem. Better take a look at that.

• eyelesseyeless

February 2014
    2265 Reputation

Hey, this is DJ-AN0N. My username seems to still be in the database but I cannot login plus I cannot register with that nickname. Maybe others are having or will have that problem. Better take a look at that.

Have you tried forget password? I'll check it

And thanks guys for all of your support

• February 2014
    10 Reputation
    Yes, I don't receive any mail. Already checked junk mail and everything.

• February 2014
    21 Reputation
    Thank god, the forum is back :) Don´t worry eyeless, thanks for your hard work!

• InvaderInvader

February 2014
    1774 Reputation
    Hey everyone! Nice to have the forum back.

Eyeless don't worry about what we've lost and think about how much we're going to accomplish from now on.

I'm still confused about the design and I don't know where anything is but we'll get there haha. Also I think I didn't exist before the last backup so since I look new, new profile pic ;)

• MrGoatMrGoat

February 2014
    99 Reputation
    Hey guys! :D

It's really, really great to be back. It was like a huge hole in my heart. The data loss is extremely annoying but the most important thing is we have the community back, i missed all you guys! Here's to the future, we can build the forum up again to it's former glory. It's gonna take me a while to get used to this new layout, methinks its not as user friendly as the last one... Does anyone know if there's a search new posts function? Can't wait to start posting again. ^.^

To eyeless, your hard work and support of this forum and the international MCZ community more than makes up for any backup issues, your only human after all. Unfortunately these things happen and we're all here for you! Lets go forward with momoclo into 2014 guys! Woooo!

• February 2014
    82 Reputation
    Yes as with everyone else I am just so glad that the forum is back! I know I rarely post but I visit this website on an hourly basis and felt so lost without it!!

• February 2014
    28 Reputation
    While you're in the process of rebuilding...are there plans to change the board color scheming? The main page is hard to read as the colors to contrast enough.

• February 2014
    20 Reputation
    idk what exactly happens since i firstly being momoclo's fan at middle january and that time im started unable access there
    and thanks anyway for providing the forum :)

• eyelesseyeless

February 2014
    2265 Reputation
    superman said:

While you're in the process of rebuilding...are there plans to change the board color scheming? The main page is hard to read as the colors to contrast enough.

If you meant those purple colors, that's for new posts. If you wanna clear it, just hit Mark All Viewed on top menu and for Category page (Home), Click Option and choose read

• Nantok

February 2014
    589 Reputation
    Good that the forum is back up again, thanks eyeless. :)

• Paco

February 2014
    339 Reputation
    Man am I glad that the forum is back!!!! ;-)
    Thanks eyeless!

• February 2014
    11 Reputation
    Happy the forum's back. Thank you!

• February 2014
    39 Reputation
    I feel your pain, eyeless. But don't worry, the new forum will grow. We should all thank you for the hard work you've done. :)