Sakazaki Kounosuke no Momoiro Folk Mura(坂崎幸之助のももいろフォーク村)
  • October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I think it's safe to assume that they would have made her miss this episode if it would have been foreseeable that she needed the rest.
    Especially in light of the upcoming schedule which is more important than a TV show episode

• October 2015
    5201 Reputation
    11, Sakimori no Uta(Sada Masashi) / Kanako
    Spoiler:

12, Tobi Ume(Sada Masashi) / Momoka
    Spoiler:

16, Dandelion(Matsutoya Yumi) / Momoka and Coalamode
    Spoiler:

• October 2015
    372 Reputation

I think it's safe to assume that they would have made her miss this episode if it would have been foreseeable that she needed the rest.
    Especially in light of the upcoming schedule which is more important than a TV show episode

Have you ever seen the Koushien (the high school baseball tournament)? A 16 year old kid recently threw 772 pitches in nine days (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a-teen-sensation--insane-pitch-counts--a-nation-s-obsession-…-yes--japan-s-summer-koshien-is-back-133224003.html ). Professional pitchers don't throw that many in a month. In the US, a young player (even a 20 year old) wouldn't be allowed to throw more than 180 pitches in the same time period.

The point is, the Japanese don't believe in holding back just to be safe. If Momoka can sing, she won't skip an appearance.

• October 2015
    487 Reputation
    But Momoka would also look seriously adorable in that polar bear skin....

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation

Have you ever seen the Koushien (the high school baseball tournament)? A 16 year old kid recently threw 772 pitches in nine days (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a-teen-sensation--insane-pitch-counts--a-nation-s-obsession-…-yes--japan-s-summer-koshien-is-back-133224003.html ). Professional pitchers don't throw that many in a month. In the US, a young player (even a 20 year old) wouldn't be allowed to throw more than 180 pitches in the same time period.

The point is, the Japanese don't believe in holding back just to be safe. If Momoka can sing, she won't skip an appearance.

I agree. And there's nothing wrong about that at all.
    But this isn't a highschool tournament. The girls are an investment. As are the concerts which are far more important than a TV show. Especially moneywise
    If it would be necessary they would pull her out. If it wasn't necessary they wouldn't. And in that regard European/American music/film (or sports) business isn't any different really. At least for adults

• honkey5honkey5

October 2015
    304 Reputation
    I think its a matter of common sense... if management didn't allow renichan to be at several TV show tapings because of her hand, I don't see them putting momoka to sing and risk the upcoming concerts if she was still very sick

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Having watched the episode they had her on for just a certain amount of time. So they did take it easy on her.
    What intrigues me though what was under that "bandage" on her left arm.

• October 2015
    5201 Reputation
    It seems she appeared with an intravenous drip needle in her arm.

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    That's what I thought as well
    Guess stansfield was correct to a big degree
    Though I had similar events on the TV sets where I work at as well
    It's showbusiness after all

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation

• RevanRevan

October 2015
    230 Reputation
    i guess i still have some humanity left in my self, tonsillitis is inflamation in throat near vocal cord, momoka already have surgery on vocal cord when she is 8 - 10 ? and another treatment in vocal cord in 2013, and from what i read people who have tonsillectomy is forbid to sing for a week after surgery(well there is iv thing in her left hand so she probably get a surgery), the way i see it if it's momoka who forced to sing in folkmura it's manager job to forbid it, unless it's the manager way of playing victim card/symphaty card to draw fan, well whats done is done i just hope for the best

btw this is what i read
    Tonsillectomy - vocal chord risk?
    My 15-year-old son suffers frequently from tonsillitis. His GP is in the process of referring him for a tonsillectomy. My son’s greatest passion in life is singing and he hopes to make a career from it. He is anxious to know if there is any chance of damage to his vocal chords during the operation?

There is no risk to your son’s vocal chords from undergoing a tonsillectomy. If your son opens his mouth wide and looks at his own throat the two tonsils will appear as two strawberry-like structures at the beginning of his throat. They are located on either side of the tongue at the base of the arch that forms the soft palate. Many people think that the small piece of flesh dangling in the midline from the soft palate is related to the tonsils but this is in fact a completely unrelated structure known as the uvula. During the tonsillectomy the tonsils are removed but the surrounding structures are left intact. During the operation a special tube is passed down the throat in order to maintain a supply of oxygen and anaesthetic gasses to the lungs. This tube is passed through the vocal chords and is known as an endotracheal tube. This will not harm your son’s vocal chords but he may experience some slight soreness in that area of his throat for a day or so after the operation. In addition he will experience soreness as a result of the removal of the tonsils but the pain in both areas should subside with the benefit of painkillers. His speech may sound a little thick for a couple of days after the operation and he should not allow himself to be frightened by this. This is simply due to the inflammation that is caused by the surgery itself. It is also important that he refrain from attempting to sing for a few days after returning home from hospital. He should return to singing by warming up gradually and refrain from straining his voice. It is also very important that he drinks plenty of water during his singing exercises in order to ensure that his throat is well hydrated. He should not test his voice by pushing to the limits of loudness and pitch. Essentially he should compare himself to a high performance athlete that gradually warms up and stretches before resuming training after a lay off period.

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I still somewhat doubt (or let's say don't want to believe) that if it had something to do with her vocal chords that they would have allowed her to sing.
    We all remember the time when she had to stop singing/talking for a while because of that.

It would be good to know what exactly was said on the show regarding her condition. Until we know for sure everything is pretty much speculative

• October 2015
    372 Reputation
    Revan said:

btw this is what i read
    Tonsillectomy - vocal chord risk?
    My 15-year-old son suffers frequently from tonsillitis. His GP is in the process of referring him for a tonsillectomy. My son’s greatest passion in life is singing and he hopes to make a career from it. He is anxious to know if there is any chance of damage to his vocal chords during the operation?

I'll preface this with saying that I'm not a doctor. Anyways, tonsillectomies used to be a very common procedure, until it was discovered that the tonsils serve a useful purpose: they protect the rest of the body from infection. After that, tonsillectomy became a procedure only used for patients with enlarged tonsils or frequent tonsillitis.

Since your son suffers from that, the doctor is following his training when recommending the procedure. I think you should trust medical science and accept his recommendation. But, of course, you can if you wish research the issue in detail, and see what the risks of keeping the tonsils are vs. the risks of removing them, when it comes to the vocal cords specifically. But I bet you'll find that the doctor is right.

• RevanRevan

October 2015
    230 Reputation
    ^thanks for your concern stansfield123, but it's not my son LOL, it's an article that i read in the net, i copy pasted it all just to be clear :)) , btw after listening Dandelion link from momomofu it give me sense of de javu so i check the folkmura setlist and found out that momoka already sang it once in folkmura, guess when ??? ..... its on Folkmura #7 150305 it's the episode where she got panick attack , pretty weird coincidence :), if they want to give her a chance of revenge , why they give that song now? ........kwkm or kikuchi playing sympathy card ?

• October 2015
    372 Reputation

I agree. And there's nothing wrong about that at all.
    But this isn't a highschool tournament. The girls are an investment.

Those kids are an investment too. In Tanaka Masahiro's case, who did the same thing back in high school, doctors found a tear in his elbow ligament six months after he signed a $180 million dollar contract. If that injury had happened and been discovered six months earlier, Tanaka would be about $130 million poorer right now.

That said, Yu Darwish, the other superstar pitcher from Japan currently in the MLB, who's father decided to play it safe and not allow him to pitch at Koushien, is injured too. Worse than Tanaka, actually. So over use might not even be the main reason why Japanese pitchers are so injury prone. It's nowhere near established science that pitching fatigued causes that kind of injury later on. It's just a suspicion, that is causing other nations to be careful with promising young players, while the Japanese are willing to take that risk.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to suggest that the Japanese approach is inferior. Just that it's different. Talented people aren't as coddled. There are benefits to the Japanese approach too, it makes people stronger mentally. I also wasn't suggesting that Momoka would be allowed to sing if there was a problem with her vocal cords. Just that she wouldn't be "rested", if all that's wrong with her is that she has a cold. Especially since she seems to really love showing off her singing abilities on Folk Mura.

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I agree with you in that it's often more than borderline how child protegees are made to work in Japan (however question is whether American hockey moms etc. are that different...)
    You obviously have the 10M curfew but having worked with children on TV sets (and knowing how little time one has with them) I often wonder how they do it here or if the laws are rather lax

In retrospect it does give a rather uncomfortable feeling in the stomach to see someone with an IV stuck in her hand appear on a TV set.
    But as I said without knowing the exact details I don't want to leave a verdict. If it had been "just" a cold/virus than she was correct to appear though. That's showbiz :)
    And I am sure as well that Momoka wanted to be the first to appear herself...

I wonder what the public/fan reaction in Japan was...

• RevanRevan

October 2015
    230 Reputation
    question xD, i saw in the official web there is this M19 坂崎幸之助(Apf)「IMAGINE」John Lennon so is it aired or is it april fool >_< cause it got Apf tag in it lol

• October 2015
    372 Reputation
    Revan said:

question xD, i saw in the official web there is this M19 坂崎幸之助(Apf)「IMAGINE」John Lennon so is it aired or is it april fool >_< cause it got Apf tag in it lol

Imagine is in the setlist, on the official site, but they didn't do it. The show ended with Orange Note. Either Momoka was supposed to play guitar for it, or they just ran out of time. I'm sure they'll sing it some other time.

• honkey5honkey5

October 2015
    304 Reputation

Revan said:

Imagine is in the setlist, on the official site, but they didn't do it. The show ended with Orange Note. Either Momoka was supposed to play guitar for it, or they just ran out of time. I'm sure they'll sing it some other time.

They MUST do that next time. Is such a tease that this info got out.

• October 2015
    3398 Reputation
    It has happened a number of times already that the last number in the setlist wasn't aired.
    The broadcasts do end up rather abruptly often as well.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there are repeats with a longer duration (I know it happened with the DeLuxe Live) that have those performances.