momomofu said:

EbiChu Mafuyu no Kitahan Kyurisumasu
    Fuyukoi

Mirror

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    invader said:

If she keeps growing like that she's going to be twice Mayama's size :))

looks like Hinata managed to finally outgrow Mayama. They were almost exactly the same height during Global.

this really got me interested about their height, and the new layout in section 3 official website sure has come in handy since there's a menu to sort by their height group :)) (google can help converting into feet)
    ----
    Rina Matsuno - 169.5 cm
    Kaho Kobayashi - 166.7 cm
    Mai Haruna - 165 cm
    Yuzuki Oguro - 163 cm
    Ayaka Yasumoto - 161.5 cm
    Ayaka Sasaki - 160 cm
    Aika Hirota - 159.7 cm
    Mirei Hoshina - 159.6 cm
    Shiori Tamai - 158 cm
    Reni Takagi - 158 cm
    Hinata Kashiwagi - 156 cm
    Riko Nakayama - 156 cm
    Saki Kiyoi - 156 cm
    Kanako Momota - 156 cm
    Honoka Akimoto - 155 cm
    Chiyuri Ito - 155 cm
    Rika Mayama - 154.2 cm
    Yuzu Ando - 153 cm
    Haruna Sakamoto - 153 cm
    Nao Sakura - 152 cm
    Kurumi Hori - 151 cm
    Sakura Ayaki - 151 cm
    Momoka Ariyasu - 148 cm

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    I bet Kaho has grown more to at least 168. Just like Invader said, she looks as tall as Rina.

And that Fuyukoi perf, I really love it. They all did so well.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    all9 said:

momomofu said:

EbiChu Mafuyu no Kitahan Kyurisumasu
    Fuyukoi

Mirror

I like how they showed Rina lip-synching during one of Ayaka's lines. They should probably just officially list them as a couple on the bio page at this point :))

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

Kanako Momota - 156 cm

Kanako is only 156cm on her dreams =)) She's the one I always think they're bumping up her numbers because she's the leader.

In the year Kaho has been on Ebichu she has grown so much. And she's still only 14.

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation
    #6 on iTunes Japan this morning

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku 2nd full Album "Kinpachi" Hatsubai Kinen niconico 3DAYS Tokushu
    January 28
    21:00~
    私立恵比寿中学 2nd full Album『金八』発売記念 ニコニコ3DAYS特集~第一夜~
    Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku Luck To The Future PART2
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv207736107

January 29
    私立恵比寿中学 2nd full Album『金八』発売記念 ニコニコ3DAYS特集~第二夜~
    EVERYTHING POINT2
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv207736261

January 30
    私立恵比寿中学 2nd full Album『金八』発売記念 ニコニコ3DAYS特集~最終夜~
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv206956397

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Sorry for the long post, I had to and I hope other people do it too so we can compare and learn:

Kinpachi Review (Part 1)
    It’s hard for me to make reviews in English but I’ll try my best because this album deserves it. There’s so much I want to say but it’s hard to say it in a language that’s not your own.
    1. Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku no Nichijo (Prologue):Nijo no Jijo
    Just a spoken prologue, they had a similar one on Chunin. I find both really amusing even without knowing what they’re saying. And it’s the perfect intro because it ends abruptly and then it goes straight to:

2. Kinpachi Dance Music
    This song’s beginning is so strong and so “Hyadain” that’s like a slap in the face to make you realize you’re bound for a trip into the insane world of Ebichu. It has the obvious reference to Houkago Getabako Rock 'n' Roll MX which is use to get into the “Guitar break”, here the song changes to an amazing mix of old rock and 90’s hip hop (aiai’s part here kills me).
    Then another break to a hilarious Rittan+Mirei sketch. Seriously, the way Ebichu (Hyadain) is able to stop a song and introduce a funny sketch and then back to the song is outstanding. Rika serves as the staff member who brings the break to an end and back to the previous segment for a moment, then straight back to the chorus. It ends with a reference to “Oh my Ghost” having aiai talk at the end.
    It’s so hard to explain this song, it’s a trip, that’s for sure. Completely addicting and the perfect way to begin the album.

3. Mikakunin Chuugakusei X
    Here we have the version with Kaho and Riko, but I think they let the other girls as back vocals. Particularly I think I hear Hirono at times. I also think not only Kaho and Riko are included but at least some parts of the other members are also re-recorded, but that could be my imagination.
    We already know this song really well, it’s a great song, full of energy and probably the catchiest song they have. In my opinion it’s on a perfect place on the album because this way is one crazy song after the other.

4. Teburadesuki ~Seishun Liberty~
    I just needed a few seconds to know I’d love the song. Fast guitars and drums from the start, giving me all kinds of punk and ska feelings. This one is made to be performed live, because it already have the chants and wooohoos included in the song, along with the clapping.
    When the Rittan starts singing what sounds like a tongue-twister is one of my favourite parts. The chorus is an anthem (and not the only one on Kinpachi). If I had to compare this song to another of their previous songs it would be Kekka alright, which is one of my all-time favourites, so Seishun Liberty is up there on my top songs already.

5. King of Gakugeikai no Theme ~Nu Skool Teenage Riot~
    With a name like that I thought this song would start stronger but in fact the first notes are the most idolish ones on the album, but that doesn’t, last long.
    The progression the song has from idol to pure madness is unbelievable. It eases you with little “growls” and electronic for a bit, the picks up with violins and aiai to a chorus which is again anthem and idol like. But don’t be fooled because then it drops with Hinata’s (I think it’s Hinata) HARDCOREEEEEEEEEEE (that’s what it sounds like to me, awaiting lyrics for confirmation). I can’t wait to see that performed live, and see if she’s able to hold it for nearly as long as on the recording.
    After that… welcome to the madhouse ft. madman pianist. Then slow down to a dream like sequence with Rina and Kaho (I can’t help but laugh each time, Kaho is hilarious). After that back to the anthem which is asking to clap along in a “we we’ll rock you” kind of way.
    Another song that left me speechless and made its way into my top songs list.

6. Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku no Nichijo (Interlude):Hayaben Rap
    This is basically a mini song. If you tell me Baku Baku Dokin (Chupacabra) made it, I’ll believe it. If they didn’t, it was obviously inspired by them. I love it and I want more songs like this. I like this interlude more than the one from Chunin, by far.

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Kinpachi Review (Part 2)
    7. Butterfly Effect
    Since Butterly Effect already had Kaho and Riko this is the exact same song. But it fits so well in the album. I already thought it was an awesome song but for some reason listening to it inside the album made it stand out even more. At this point I couldn’t take the “Why is Ebichu so good?” out of my head.

8. Chichinpui
    The beginning of this one reminded me to BiS’s ASH, only… happier. I thought this one might be the one made by BiS’s composer but nope, that’s later. But overall this song kept giving me BiS vibes (in a good way). I could also hear Kishidan’s One Night Carnival’s “ahuuu, wohoo, or whatever It is) which is understandable since Ebichu has worked with Kishidan, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a nod to them.
    The song is great and also looks like it’s going to be a blast live.

9. U.B.U 
    New recording of U.B.U including Kaho and Riko. I actually like U.B.U a lot, I love the trumpets and it’s a really uplifting song, that plays really well live.
    Considering how rock, punk, electronic and everything in between the album has been so far I completely understand why they added U.B.U. It’s a slower, happier song, and the girls sound amazing so in the end I think it makes perfect sense in the grand scheme of things.

10. Fuyukoi
    Now we get to the song that really was composed by BiS usual composer. It’s a powerful rock ballad where the girls get to show their powerful vocals. I love how Ebichu is allowed to sing in lower registers and not always forced to go really high pitched in order to sound “young”.
    The song is a perfect combination of piano, guitars and vocals. I can’t stress that enough, Ebichu truly shines here. This one is not uplifting, it has that melancholic feeling “Encore no Koi” had, only this one is even sadder, thanks to the instruments.
    I’m glad they decided to release the live version PV for this (even if Christmas outfits after Christmas don’t make much sense). But this is the kind of song that shows how powerful Ebichu can be.

11. PLAYBACK
    I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this one is the perfect song to get people who like other kind of groups, like E-girls or K-pop, to check Ebichu out. It’s a different genre that they don’t usually do, but when they do it we get masterpieces like this one.
    It starts with a soft acoustic guitar so you can’t really predict is going to go the electronic way. The chorus is simple but really beautiful. Again, as the one before, the song has a nostalgic vibe. The girl’s voices are altered at times but they also sound great. I’d say Mirei is the star of the song because the chorus sounds mostly like her, and this kind of songs suits her voice perfectly.
    This style is not my kind of music but I can’t deny that PLAYBACK is an amazing song and I’ll listen to it on repeat many times. The power of Ebichu.

12. Shiawase no Harigami wa Itsumo Senaka ni
    This is probably the song I like the least from the album. I know that’s personal because there’s a lot of people who love this song. To me the problem is how the whole song has all the members signing at the same time so it doesn’t sound like them. This fact it’s solved during live performances so I prefer to watch those than listening to the recording.
    In a way I can see that it’s a lovely song, so I’m not going to bash it or anything.

13. Haitateki!
    Haitateki was an incredible single, and the song here also blends really well with the rest of the album. Together with Mikakunin Chuugakusei X they make the catchiest songs on the album, but probably because those two are the ones we know best for now.
    The mix of violins and guitars is a perfect combination and the girls also display great vocals.

14. Tairyou Ebisubushi
    This was the first taste we got of the album and I love it. That aiai intro is badass and then enter the percussions. The song follows the theme of the album of being “anthem like” only this time with more Japanese inspiration.
    This song is the flagship when it comes to Ebichu being strong. They don’t play the “cute and helpless” card a lot like other idols do, they are powerful and confident performers and that’s one of the things I love about them.
    Aiai stands out on this one a lot to me, but I guess that’s normal since she’s my favourite.

15. Kaimono Shiyouto Machida e
    Another song where they troll with the beginning. At first it has a fast acoustic guitar and then boom Brazilian music. The first time I cringed a little, because I usually don’t like it when they blatantly use music of other cultures. I like it when they mixed it, but this one if full out Brazilian.
    In the end the song is good and catchy so I got over my problems with it and now I enjoy it as a fun song along the lines of Agero! Ebifly and Odoru Gariben Chuugakusei.

16. Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku no Nichijo(Epilogue):Hotaru no Hikari(Demo)
    Last song or “epilogue” as they labeled it. It’s a very nice way to end the album, to me it’s much better than ending Chunin with Aruaru Hula Dance.
    This one is a personal song, just the girls and an acoustic guitar. We were able to see the recording on a promo video for Kinpachi.
    Nice and relaxing song to put an end to the magnificent album that was Kinpachi.

Veredict:
    I didn’t even bother to grade each song, because each one is amazing on its own way. Overall I love the album. I liked it much better than Chunin because that one was more electronic and this one has more rock and punk to it, which is what I love.
    I can’t even pick a song as a favourite right now because there are so many contenders. There’s not one that I think “hey, I want to listen to that one”, I just want to listen to the whole album again and again.
    Buy it, now. Ebichu is the future.
    http://invadermcz.tumblr.com/post/108999356744/shiritsu-ebisu-chuugaku-kinpachi-review

Again, so sorry, but I love Ebichu so much I had to published it.

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    I agree with everything you said. A really strong album, very Ebichu :)

• Paco

January 2015
    331 Reputation

"With a name like that I thought this song would start stronger but in fact the first notes are the most idolish ones on the album, but that doesn’t, last long.
    The progression the song has from idol to pure madness is unbelievable. It eases you with little “growls” and electronic for a bit, the picks up with violins and aiai to a chorus which is again anthem and idol like. But don’t be fooled because then it drops when Hinata’s (I think it’s Hinata) HARDCOREEEEEEEEEEE (that’s what it sounds like to me, awaiting lyrics for confirmation)."

"Hardcore" would make sense. The title of the song has "Teenage Riot" in it and the song plays with Digital Hardcore (more or less a trademark of the group "Atari Teenage Riot"). So I am like 100% sure it is "hardcore".

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Invader said:

2. Kinpachi Dance Music
    This song’s beginning is so strong and so “Hyadain” that’s like a slap in the face to make you realize you’re bound for a trip into the insane world of Ebichu. It has the obvious reference to Houkago Getabako Rock 'n' Roll MX which is use to get into the “Guitar break”, here the song changes to an amazing mix of old rock and 90’s hip hop (aiai’s part here kills me).
    Then another break to a hilarious Rittan+Mirei sketch. Seriously, the way Ebichu (Hyadain) is able to stop a song and introduce a funny sketch and then back to the song is outstanding. Rika serves as the staff member who brings the break to an end and back to the previous segment for a moment, then straight back to the chorus. It ends with a reference to “Oh my Ghost” having aiai talk at the end.
    It’s so hard to explain this song, it’s a trip, that’s for sure. Completely addicting and the perfect way to begin the album.

Kinpachi Dance Music
    3:07~
    MUSIC STATION theme

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I remember now that mocha said they wanted to sing Kinpachi Dance Music on Music Station so that makes perfect sense.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Kinpachi Dance Music

Spoiler:
    Pon Pon Pon Pon Giroppon(Roppongi)
    TV Asahi office is in Roppongi.

Kinpachi Kinpachi Kinpachi Kinpachi Kinyou Hachiji(Friday at 8:00)

2:43~
    Shiodome(Nihon TV), Daiba(Fuji TV), Akasaka(TBS), Kamiyachou(TV Tokyo), Giroppon(TV Asahi)
    Hanzo Mon(Tokyo MX)
    MX! MX! MX! Oi Oi Oi
    WOWOW, BS, CS, Eisei(Digital Satellite Broadcasting / WOWOW, BS and CS are Eisei)

4:32~
    Aiai:Kinyou Shinya wa Tamani Detemasu Densha Tokushu Tanoshii na
    I sometimes appeared on a midnight program on Friday(Tamori Club). Getting on the trains were fun.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    So I really have almost nothing but positive things to say about this album, except for just two songs. I still think UBU is kind of a bad song, and Kinpachi Dance Music just isn't doing it for me. But then again, I really don't like much of anything Hyadain does outside of Momoclo and Dempagumi.

The rest of the album is just great. I think it really hits its stride around the middle of the album and just carries all the way to the end. Weirdly, even though it was the crazier stuff that made me like Ebichu in the first place, I find myself enjoying the more restrained songs like Fuyukoi and PLAYBACK the most.

Great stuff.

Invader said:

6. Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku no Nichijo (Interlude):Hayaben Rap
    This is basically a mini song. If you tell me Baku Baku Dokin (Chupacabra) made it, I’ll believe it.

they didn't, but I thought the exact same thing. It's by DJみそしるとMCごはん (or, DJ Miso Soup and MC Rice :D )

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    Playback starts with Mayama, right? I'm bad with their singing voices cause I don't watch the concerts.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    asan said:

Playback starts with Mayama, right? I'm bad with their singing voices cause I don't watch the concerts.

I actually can't really tell. I want to say the first line might actually be Rina, but they haven't really sung in soft voices like that much before so I don't have much to compare it to.

momomofu said:

Kaho?
    :-/

could be? That's a tricky one.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Kaho?
    :-/

• all9all9

January 2015
    371 Reputation
    asan said:

I think the first one is Mayama follow by Mirei and Ayaka
    Kaho part started 01:40

If you want to compare first part of PLAYBACK, You can listen to Fuyukoi on 2:58, That's Mayama voice
    or Shinkirou (her c/w in solo single Liar mask)
    After her solo, She started to use this sound more and more in Kinpachi Alubm
    Her new technique makes me confuse the first time I heard the song, because I didn't used to this style.
    I even "Is it really her voice?" LOL

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    January 8
    Orera no Chou Shokuin Kaigi(EbiChu staff's talk show)

PLAYBACK
    Fujii:We wanted to release "PLAYBACK" as representative song. But Rijichou did not agree to my opinion.
    Ishizaki(Karisome):I processed girls' voice datum for the first time. I wanted EbiChu to fight on an equal footing with Perfume. I discussed about it with Seto-san. As a result, I didn't do the extreme voice processing.

Ishizaki(Stardust Music Publisher)He is in charge of EbiChu and Syachihoko.(and TakoNiji?)
    Seto(DefSTAR RECORDS)