EbiChu Tasu Tasu(エビ中++)
  • LogDogLogDog

August 2016
    324 Reputation
    Thank you. I'll watch that and try it this weekend.

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    Mirei asked the host whether she liked salty or sweet eggs. The host answered sweet. So she tried making sweet eggs but put too much salt instead in which, I don't understand how people can mistake salt for sugar as both can be visually differentiate unless you're using corse sugar. Plus the added bacon with its already rich salty taste didn't help at all. She still has a long way to go.

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Question is go where?
    For me Mirei can stay exactly the way she is. I'm quite a good cook myself :)

If there's one thing that bugs me a bit about idols (and probably Japanese society in general) is the overly traditional role of women as good wives and housekeepers
    If I would manage an idol group I would give special importance on social and political awareness instead
    Like Seifuku Kojo Iinkai who have been in existance for quite some time now
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/j-pop-goes-political-as/2015730.html

• LogDogLogDog

August 2016
    324 Reputation
    Political Idol music! It's Politidol!

Now we need an idol version of Bad Religion

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    ^
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/194499
    Already on jps. Soon on A!O :)

Seriously though I was always glad that Stardust wasn't about being just pretty and subservient.
    And I hope it'll stay that way

• August 2016
    469 Reputation
    I think that's one of the reasons why I was happy to see Riko being so visibly unhelpful. Even if they put her up to it ("OK, Riko, your job is to do absolutely nothing useful!" :)) ), it was good to see.

Speaking of Mirei, She turned up in a fragmentary dream that I had last night. I was walking with some people I didn't know very well past a sports field when a group of girls in soccer uniforms left the field, heading toward a car parked on the street. We stopped and let them pass in front of us, and someone pointed out one of the girls, saying that she had played very well in the game. I recognized her, and said, "That looks like Hoshina Mirei from Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku!"
    At that point, I woke up and laughed when I realized the one thing that was different about Mirei in the dream -- she had elaborate tattoos covering her upper arms. Yakuza Mirei! :))

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    ^
    That was a weird dream. Yakuza Mirei huh? I would like to see that.

@Mattthecat
    I mean long way to go as in in cooking.
    If I were to manage an idol group, I would of course focus on their singing, dancing and interaction skill but also on importance of school education, family relationship and awareness about the world.

• August 2016
    469 Reputation
    It always makes me happy to see idols go to college, or to take an interest in creative work outside of being an idol, or just in the world in general. I tend to think that most or all of the girls in Ebichu are quite intelligent (even the ones who don't always act like they are :)) ), so I have faith in their ability to branch out into other areas, and I'm glad when they get some encouragement to do so.

• August 2016
    242 Reputation

If there's one thing that bugs me a bit about idols (and probably Japanese society in general) is the overly traditional role of women as good wives and housekeepers

I agree, though the trend of emphasasing the role of women as housekeepers has apparently been weakening somewhat in Japan over the last 20-odd years. But yeah, I don't really subscribe to 'girliness' being defined as how good one can cook or clean stuff. On the other hand, it doesn't really bother me either and unless women are being forced into these roles against their will, it's not so much of a problem. I think it's just more of a cultural difference between Japan and some Western countries than anything else.

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    True enough

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    EbiChu++20160901

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    Hinata's weird face!
    October 16 will be the cut version of Famien 16.

Looks like Rittan is out of control in the next episode.
    Chuei: Are you sleepy?
    Rittan: Yes.

• LogDogLogDog

September 2016
    324 Reputation
    I love watching the girls interact with each other and everything, it's always a lot of fun. And yet, I have absolutely no idea what anyone's saying and what's going on! lol

The song updates have been fun. Still makes me laugh, even if I don't understand it.

I CAN'T wait to watch all of Famien. If I could go to any Ebichu concert, this is it.

EDIT: GOOD!

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    EbiChu++20160908

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation

• LogDogLogDog

September 2016
    324 Reputation
    Naver, Aiai?

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    This episode was pretty sweet.
    Ayaka and Kaho were so cute together.
    I like how Kaho laughed at everything Ayaka does even if she did nothing funny.

"Her(Ayaka) whole existence is funny"
    -Kobayashi Kaho, 2016

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    EbiChu++20160922

• SSFVSSFV

September 2016
    221 Reputation
    Ayaka doesn't care what ranking she got as long as it's not last!
    I bet next Ebichuu mini-series will be Ebi Yama.

Their new song theme will be 'The History of Members'.