April 2016
    3147 Reputation
    They beat their position record but no the sales

vimoral said:

From Kuribocchi One day !! Post
    Oricon weekly result (December 14-20)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2015-12-28/p/2/
    11. 14,890 Takoyaki Rainbow

I expected more from their major debut, but seeing both the song,the PV and little promotion... do not surprise me the result.
    Please Avex, you treat them better in the next single

• InvaderInvader

April 2016
    1774 Reputation
    vimoral said:

They beat their position record but no the sales

vimoral said:

From Kuribocchi One day !! Post
    Oricon weekly result (December 14-20)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2015-12-28/p/2/
    11. 14,890 Takoyaki Rainbow

I expected more from their major debut, but seeing both the song,the PV and little promotion... do not surprise me the result.
    Please Avex, you treat them better in the next single

Agreed, it didn't feel like a mayor debut. It didn't seem like Avex spent a lot of money on them so it makes sense that they didn't get a bump on sales. Avex is kind of a mess so I don't even know what to expect from them going forward.

• April 2016
    126 Reputation
    The moment I heard the news about them signing to Avex I got worried. I'm not a fan of the label at all. Their catalog is really bad IMO except for Tokyo Girls' Style.
    Namie Amuro, Girl Next Door and Ayumi Hamasaki all have this consumerist American pop vibe. Dudes in suits, Limousines, gaudy furniture and clothing etc...
    And the way they promoted TGS wasn't to my liking. 12-year-olds in really short skirts, make-up and high-heels. In bathtubs of roses. Whatever. You get the picture...

THEN they released the music video. First the tasteless Avex logo placement... AND THEN they slapped make-up on the girls and had this whole "red carpet" vibe going with those beefy guys in suits.
    Apparently the girls came up with the concept, but why leave music video concept design to the girls? They are performers, not creative artists...

Takoniji is my favourite Stardust group, and I'm reaaaaally worried about where this is going :(

• InvaderInvader

April 2016
    1774 Reputation
    Avex used to be on top but now it feels like they don't know what they're doing. I love them for signing BiS, BiSH, Charan Po Rantan, TGS... But at the same time as Scaphism said they didn't really make a good job with TGS. I'm bitter because TGS should've been bigger because the music was amazing but something didn't click and I'd like to put the blame on Avex :)) . They also sign a lot of useless people so I have a Love-hate relationship with them.

I want Avex to do a great job with Tacoyaki but I'm so scared.