Just For Fun: Name Your Top 10 Best/Favorite MCZ Songs!!
  • March 2016
    24 Reputation
    how could anyone not like moon pride?

• ebizoriebizori

March 2016
    2293 Reputation

that's question of the century. many of the best minds are trying to find an answer

• March 2016
    322 Reputation
    I just think it's super weak compared to their other stuff before and after. It doesn't feel like Momoclo, rather it feels like Sailor Moon. I don't dislike it, but it's not my preference. It's quite ironic since I found them through that song. Although it took another year for me to start caring about them.

• March 2016
    144 Reputation
    ^ I think Moon Pride is a really good song, but I agree with you about its weaknesses. It feels almost purely influenced by Revo, and like I mentioned a while ago, the best Momoclo songs imo tend to be strongly influenced by the spirit of the girls themselves. With Moon Pride though, it feels like it could have been sung by pretty much anyone and it wouldn't really leave a different impression (actually, I felt like this was a weakness in a lot of the post-5th Dimension singles).

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation
    Agree with Nemurenatta, the song was tailored to fit the spirit of the Sailor Moon anime.
    Like i said, the problem was, The Sailor Moon colab was announced i think since the summer of 2012. 2 Years is a lot of build up anticipation for a song. And it didnt help that the previous single, Naitemo Iindayo, was so damn good.

I dont know, i guess i was expecting for a theme of an anime like that something like DNA or Mugen no Ai. Something epic with a lot of changes of pace. Is not an awful song, but i can think of a dozen songs that could have been better singles

• March 2016
    24 Reputation
    I think that, to some degree, you may be subconsciously creating a distance between the song and Momoclo because it doesn't have a memorable MV with the costumes and the dancing. I think moon pride and naitemo iindayo are on the same level

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation

I think that, to some degree, you may be subconsciously creating a distance between the song and Momoclo because it doesn't have a memorable MV with the costumes and the dancing.l

Oh, dont get me started on the costumes for the cover of the regular edition. The original Sailor Moon clothes were simple, a cross between Wonder Woman and Sera-fuku uniforms. The ones they designed for MCZ were so overcharged they almost put bananas, pineapples and grapes over their heads

I think moon pride and naitemo iindayo are on the same level

Im not discussing that opinion. Is yours and is valid.

• March 2016
    10 Reputation
    Moon Pride
    Izuke!
    Saraba
    DNA
    Neo

• ferizuferizu

March 2016
    52 Reputation
    1. Mugen No Ai
    2. otome Sensou
    3. Chai Maxx/wani to shampoo
    4. Z Densetsu
    5. Moon pride/DNA rhapsody/seishunfu

5 is not enough...i want to list more songs...

• dgmdnHDdgmdnHD

March 2016
    20 Reputation
    1. Neo Stargate
    2. Mugen No Ai
    3. CONTRADICTION
    4. Ikuze! Kaito Shojo
    5. WE ARE BORN

As a huge Sailor Moon fan, I absolutely love MOON PRIDE and think all the SM cover tracks are great, can't complain. Didn't think it was fair to include them I'm biased towards them, lol.

• ferizuferizu

March 2016
    52 Reputation

I like moon pride although im not sailormoon fan. I list it among top 5 of my favourite.
    I love the part where their voices overlap each other. for example during this part
    'Tatoe donna kurayami demo hitori ja nai yo ne?
    Watashitachi wo terasu Moonlight'

• knot555

March 2016
    27 Reputation
    Monochrome Dessan
    Momoiro Sora
    Sora no Katen
    Kono Uta
    Betaa is Best

This is near impossible. Then theres top fives that make you cry, Make you laugh etc.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2016
    304 Reputation
    knot555 said:

Then theres top fives that make you cry, Make you laugh etc.

"Beter (betaa) is the best" indeed. So Morifu Dayo!

I hope we havent heard the last from UFI

• MM305

May 2016
    436 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Lots of Saraba and DNA.. wonder which songs are the least popular among Mononofu

The ones i can live without in no particular order

1 Moon Pride - Is not a bad song honestly, is just that after waiting 2 years since it was announced it felt less than spectacular, comparing it with the stuff on 5th Dimension. I liked better the cover of Moonlight Densetsu

2 Sakyo pare parade - Is just a cover that adds nothing to the original. And the vocaloid feels out of place on a Momoiro clover song. I love the MV tough

3 The alternate version of Nippon Egao - I love the original, but the spoken part in the middle of this version, while is not bad, to make room for it they skipped "the tale of the mouse" on the second verse, which is my favourite part of the song

4 Moon Revenge - Same as Moon Pride. For a Sailor Moon song cover, Tuxedo Mirage was aeons better

Thats it - i cannot think other songs im not too crazy about. As i said, i dont loathe these songs, i just feel nothing when i hear them

Late reply, but the songs that I can live without would be:
    1) Santa San - I get that they had to have a christmas based Momoclo song in their repertoire, but this one to me just doesn't strike me much (not a bad soong though). Plus, I think the outfit has a too much glam for my taste!

2) Coco Nuts - Yeah I know this song i popular to particular mononofus, and I can dig this a little more than Santa-san, but it's nothing that I'll would be disappointed if they got rid of it. Just not enough kick for me to enjoy! Plus, as I have admitted before, the outfits in the MV were the Worst MCZ outfit in my opinion. I get that the theme revolves around swimming, but this just look like a complete mess. Not even getting past bare midriffs could save this outfit for me.

I think the swimsuits from Seibu Dome 2012 seemed more fitting!

• RainyRainy

May 2016
    30 Reputation
    I agree I can live without Coco Nuts, but may I add Wee Tee Wee Tee to the list and Mirai Bowl.

As for my favs its is definitely- DNA Rhapsody, Moon Pride, Hai to Diamond, Mugen No Ai and Mahoro vacation (honorable mentions are Hankouki and Shiori Kaze)

• MM305

May 2016
    436 Reputation
    I actually enjoy Wee Tee Wee Tee, though it is undeniably the sweetest/frendliest/most cutesy song they ever did. And the Furby outfits...LOL!!!

Plus, Mirai Bowl is to me the Weirdest/Mot Random MC song and music video ever. Like if I were to make you listen to the versus with no preview of the chorus, you would have thought t was a totally different song, LOL!!

• RainyRainy

May 2016
    30 Reputation
    The furby outfits were definitely ridiculous, they didn't even have a proper green for Momoka. I get thats its fun and cutsy but to me its a bit too much.

I do actually enjoy Santa-san, I feel its a good balance of cute, festive and catchy.

As for Mirai Bowl, I can saw its the only song that I actually hate from them, it just sounds weird, the outfits are disgusting and the music video is plain stupid. I'm not really a big fan of Akari and I don't like pre-Z momoclo as much as present momoclo and that song is part of the reason why.

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    To me its not a bad song, but it certainly wins "The Funniest MCZ song/video" for me!

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Im only commenting here to keep this post active.

• August 2016
    372 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Im only commenting here to keep this post active.

I hate you.