How long is this gonna continue?
  • honkey5honkey5

August 2016
    304 Reputation
    Isnt about time something has to be done with all these stupid threads that lead nowhere?

Where is the SERIOUS discussion, the INTERACTING with fellow Mononofu over news, even when there are times we dont agree ?

How long until this place becomes a wasteland over SERIOUS mononofu leaving ship back & fort, driven away by a few guys who use this place to share their mental issues/sexual repression/cluelessness ?

I dont see why this place has to be hijacked by a few guys who dont know the difference between a fan forum and 4-chan.

There is NOTHING wrong with being a new fan and being curious. But even then, there is a difference between making posts out of ignorance, and blatantly trolling.

And lastly, to those who will recognize themselves among those who am i talking about , dont bother replying. Im not giving you the particular attention you crave.

Either learn to read the mood on discussions or just keep your thoughts to yourselves

• MM305

August 2016
    643 Reputation
    Does my top 5 lists counts as "stupid threads"?

• August 2016
    4653 Reputation
    As far as I'm concerned they're not (as long as you don't make a new one every day)
    Those can be interesting and can get people involved for a reason
    They're a far cry away from what you did in the beginning.

And which someone else has been doing today.
    If someone creates a thread because of some brainfart he/she has it becomes a real nuisance
    If something can be discussed in an existing thread there's absolutely no bloody reason to create a new one.

Sorry to be drastic but I love this forum and hate to see it become an unstructured mess

• MM305

August 2016
    643 Reputation
    You talking about the one making threads about Kanako and the Momotamai wedding that can be asked in the general discussion section?

• MM305

August 2016
    643 Reputation
    Plus, at least with those "annoying" threads I had posted, they are only some of EVERYTHING ELSE I had posted and commented on.

Just look at all of them to know that the good outweighs the bad in my part!

• August 2016
    4653 Reputation
    I agree. More or less. Lol
    If you read it correctly you will notice that I said something positive about you right at the beginning

• MM305

August 2016
    643 Reputation
    Oh I know, but I wasn't necessarily responding to you. I was responding to honkey5, just to not count me as one of those people. It's just that I am honest and is under a aituation that apparently no mononofu had been into.

But if I may ask again, when you talked about today's discussions, were you referring to the Kanako and Momotamai thread that can be asked in the general discussion thread?

• August 2016
    446 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Plus, at least with those "annoying" threads I had posted, they are only some of EVERYTHING ELSE I had posted and commented on.

Yeah, that's not a good way to look at it. You shouldn't strive for a 60-40 split. You should strive for not posting annoying stuff at all.

And sure, once in a while all of us end up posting something that annoys SOMEBODY. That's unavoidable. But, when you annoy a significant amount of people, you feel a pushback. And when you feel that, you should take a step back, not keep forging ahead. There are plenty of forums where sticking to your guns and forging ahead is appropriate, because people are there to debate and fight with each other, and push each other's boundaries... but this isn't one of them. This is a fan forum dedicated to some of the the least pushy and confrontational entertainers in the least pushy and confrontational nation in the world.

So let's try not to annoy each other on purpose, whether it's with incessant questions about young girls' sexuality, or any kind of other threads/posts/topics/questions people have expressed their displeasure with in the past.

• August 2016
    4653 Reputation
    MM305 said:

But if I may ask again, when you talked about today's discussions, were you referring to the Kanako and Momotamai thread that can be asked in the general discussion thread?

I thought that was evident... There was a third one btw
    There was not one good reason for any of these threads to be created. All of these could have been covered in existing ones.
    There's no need to make a new thread just because you have a random question or thought in my opinion. And I don't think I'm alone with that

• MM305

August 2016
    643 Reputation

MM305 said:

Yeah, that's not a good way to look at it. You shouldn't strive for a 60-40 split. You should strive for not posting annoying stuff at all.

And sure, once in a while all of us end up posting something that annoys SOMEBODY. That's unavoidable. But, when you annoy a significant amount of people, you feel a pushback. And when you feel that, you should take a step back, not keep forging ahead. There are plenty of forums where sticking to your guns and forging ahead is appropriate, because people are there to debate and fight with each other, and push each other's boundaries... but this isn't one of them. This is a fan forum dedicated to some of the the least pushy and confrontational entertainers in the least pushy and confrontational nation in the world.

So let's try not to annoy each other on purpose, whether it's with incessant questions about young girls' sexuality, or any kind of other threads/posts/topics/questions people have expressed their displeasure with in the past.

I didn't do it with the intention of annoying you all, but to ask for your advice/guidance because it was hard for me to believe that NO ONE HERE is under the same/similar hostile environment as I was. It wasn't about trying to "troll", but was me desperate task to ask for guidance. Point is, I made ALL these threads/comments while being honest to my obssession/unescapable interest in MCZ!!!

• August 2016
    4653 Reputation
    Past's the past. I suggest we leave it at that.

• August 2016
    446 Reputation
    MM305 said:

I didn't do it with the intention of annoying you all, but to ask for your advice/guidance because it was hard for me to believe that NO ONE HERE is under the same/similar hostile environment as I was. It wasn't about trying to "troll", but was me desperate task to ask for guidance. Point is, I made ALL these threads/comments while being honest to my obssession/unescapable interest in MCZ!!!

Who cares that it's well intentioned and honest? That has nothing to do with this. If you walk up to an ugly stranger on the train and tell them they're ugly and need plastic surgery, being well intentioned and honest doesn't excuse your behavior. It's inappropriate. If you feel the need to blow your nose while on the train, and you don't have a tissue, again: just blowing snot all over everybody: inappropriate.

You shouldn't just be well intentioned and honest, you should also be considerate. Considerate means that you don't just think about your intentions, you also think about the unintended consequences your actions and honesty will have, particularly on OTHER PEOPLE. For instance, when you saw that your "well intentioned, honest" posts were bothering people (because this forum is NOT ABOUT THAT, so it's INAPPROPRIATE to talk about it here), you should've been considerate enough to just drop it.

Before you post an opinion, ask yourself: are people on this board really interested in this opinion? I have a million well intentioned, honest opinions I would love to share with everyone (most of them involve a certain fella by the name of Donald Trump). Guess what: I don't. I keep my political rants about modern day Hitler to myself (or at least some other message board). Anything else would be inconsiderate of me.

Before you ask a question, ask yourself: is it considerate of me to ask some other guys to google this for me, or can I find it myself? Are other people also likely to care about the answer, or is this answer just for me, in which case I should probably just use the PM system?

Etc., etc. Think about whether the post you're about to make makes this board a better experience for others, or a worse one. In other words, think about the Internet the same way you think about a physical public space you share with others.

• eyelesseyeless

August 2016
    2265 Reputation
    We consider some new threads recently created are unnecessary, therefore deleted. Please don't post random thread without actual content, this is a warning for @Bri. @MM305's threads are ok.

This thread is closed as well, to avoid further unnecessary discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions