Shakai Ban(CD)

Eigo Ban(CD)

Oricon 1st week sales
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2016-07-18/
    5. 18,878 Rock A Japonica

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1774 Reputation
    Started doing my first impressions on new Stardust groups with Rock a Japonica first single so here I am to do the same with the second.

Kyouka SHOCK!
    I'm at a point where I like their first single so much I just love this one from the first seconds of the first song. This reminds me of Hyadain because it seems to have parts with different styles depending on the girl who is singing them. Almost 5 min. might be a bit much and everything over the 3 min mark becomes a bit redundant. I like it, though I liked some others more. I get the feeling they make the more public friendly song the A-Side and save the best stuff for the B sides.

Abracadabra Algebra
    Alright, crazy song indeed. I'm not exactly feeling it, too gimmicky and not really worth it.

Yonaoshi Time Slip
    I love how they keep mixing different instruments for the different songs (note that I'm not listening to it in the same order as the review, because I'm complicated like that). High energy song that I'm sure they kill live. The turn it makes at 2:45 is cool, very Syachi of them. Then another change at 3:24, the sure keep it interesting.

Wagahai wa Hito de aru
    Now we're talking. This song mixes my favorite Syachi style and folk instruments like Momoclo used to do. The chorus is amazing and perfect to sing along during lives. They always do a part of the song where the instruments stop and just one girls sings, I hope they don't abuse this technique because listening to all their songs one after the other and knowing that's a given takes some of the emotion away. I really liked the song, and I can't wait to have some time to watch them perform live.

Zenryoku Daijikken!
    My iPod is acting up and put a Suiyobi no Campanella cover on this song. The funny thing is that it's the most appropriate song on the single to put a Suiyobi no Campanella cover :)) I like the song, it could be better but it's a good mix of idol with a more electronic sound and going retro at times too. That one girl voice saves my life each time she sings.

NEW CROWN
    This song is hilarious, keeping with the school theme perfectly. As a song it's a mess but they manage to pull it off and make me love it. Some parts remind me of Ebichu's Chupakabra since the most interesting part of the song is how the girls deliver the lines. This is the kind of song I wouldn't dare recommend to anyone but I would listen to a thousand times myself.

Overall: Maybe too many songs at once because some are a bit lacking. I guess depending on which version you get it'll feel like a better single or a more normal single. If I had to choose right now I would pick up either the one with Wagahai wa Hito de aru, Zenryoku Daijikken! or NEW CROWN if I'm on a weird day.

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2806 Reputation
    Hyadain's song is Abracadabra Algebra)

I like Wagahai wa Hito de aru more than other their songs

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1774 Reputation
    ebizori said:

Hyadain's song is Abracadabra Algebra)

That man sure is in a slump. The last songs I've heard from him were just mediocre.

I love Wagahai wa Hito de aru but I have to admit that Kyouka SHOCK! grew on me a lot after watching the MV a couple times in a row to try and figure out who my favorite member is.

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2806 Reputation
    by the way I love Abracadabra Algebra. it's second for me on this single

• September 2016
    126 Reputation
    ebizori said:

by the way I love Abracadabra Algebra. it's second for me on this single

Same here. The chorus is incredibly catchy.

• September 2016
    481 Reputation
    Reposting here for reference:

Kyouka SHOCK!
    Lyrics/Melody/Arrangement: invisible manners

Abracadabra Algebra
    Lyrics/Melody/Arrangement: Maeyamada Kenichi

Zenryoku Daijikken!
    Lyrics/Melody: CHI-MEY, Arrangement: Ookubo Tomohiro

NEW CROWN
    Lyrics/Melody/Arrangement: Miura Koushi (□□□)

Yonaoshi Time Slip
    Lyrics/Melody: Un-amin, Arrangement: Hasegawa Tomoki

Wagahai wa Hito de aru
    Lyrics/Melody: Miyashita Kouji, Arrangement: Tom-H@ACK

Abracadabra Algebra is also a favorite of mine.

• September 2016
    117 Reputation
    Wow, I'm surprised by the fact that I really like them... I'm not really into tokimeki nor batten, but I feel like they are special, they give me ebichu vibes :)

• November 2016
    5759 Reputation