momoclo's legacy?
  • MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    I mean, one of the reasons why The Golden History got some smack was because of "safe/generic" it was (though, I argue that Kono Uta is WAY MORE generic).

For me though, just because something is generic/safe, doesn't mean that's it's bad. I actually like that MCZ has done some "safe" songs, that way it can prevent the "surprise elements" from being bland!

• ebizoriebizori

October 2016
    2806 Reputation
    Even Necronomidol has typical idol songs. It's normal. I said all modern idols came out of Morning Musume (and their authors too)

Most famous song of BIS (nerve) not very far removed from the standards idol songs, but it's great song no doubt

• MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    Exactly, standard doesn't always mean bad!

• October 2016
    159 Reputation
    ebizori, sorry I didn't mean that bands like the Beatles didn't pioneer anything. The Sgt. Pepper album alone is enough to show the kinds of things they were capable of. I more meant that their early works are very much in line with what was popular at the time and then progressed into other genres as those pathways opened up. I feel there is a very big shift in musical styles in early Momoclo as they were kind of stamping their mark and defining their place against other groups, and I feel later Stardust groups don't have this as much; they tend to have a much more defined theme or style upon creation which they have generally stuck with. Again I would say this is the Momoclo legacy: they can release a song in any genre and I would think "Oh this is what they do", but if Batten suddenly released a new rap song I would think "Um, aren't they that Ska idol group?".

• MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    Changing the subject a bit, I have to express something that has constantly boggled my mind about MCZ!

The term "Momoiro" in Japanese means "Pink" in English. Meaning, that "Momoiro Clover" translates to "Pink Clover". Ironically though, they decided that in a group name "Pink Clover", they decided to have pink (among all colors) to be part of the 5 traditional colors for this group.

Because of this, I have always constantly wondered and can't seem to fathom is: Shouldn't the leader of this group named "Pink Clover" have their traditional color be pink? If they were gonna decide to have a group with pink in its name and assigned a leader for that group, shouldn't that leader be the one who has to be most associated with pink?

I mean, I guess it's no wonder why Aarin has been getting that spotlight of being the "unofficial" 2nd face of MCZ (with the leader Kanako being the 1st face, of course). But if the MCZ officials were gonna assigned Aarin to rock the color pink, then shouldn't she be the leader of this group named Pink Clover? Or at least, have Kanako be the one who has to be associated with the color pink?

THIS WHOLE THING SEEMS VERY CONTRADICTORY!!

• ebizoriebizori

October 2016
    2806 Reputation
    as I recall, Kanako was chosen leader of the group before the official distribution of colors between members

• MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    That's fine, but then shouldn't she be the one to be assigned the color pink then?

Doesn't matter who was assigned leader, but it seems very contradictory to have that leader's color NOT be pink, in a group NAMED "Pink Clover"!!!

• October 2016
    159 Reputation
    I think they drew colours from a hat. There's a very early interview where either Akarin or Shiorin said they were upset with the colour they got but then grew to love it. Plus their outfits from Momoiro Punch are pink so they were at least theming it way back then.

• October 2016
    925 Reputation
    Not to mention the color scheme made sense since a lot of people said it's like GoRanger. Red is leader, blue is sub leader, yellow being the big eater. Colors were given by chance but in a way it just made sense.

• MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    delweeve said:

I think they drew colours from a hat.

If that's true, then it must have been the most CONVENIENT draft I have ever seen, because the assigned colors fits them the most!! Even with what I said, Aarin is a more qualifying choice to be pink than Kanako.

Heck, I remember an MCZ site (don't know the link) where it gave a definition/symbol for each color (something like "Red = ..."), and those definiton were the PERFECT representation to the girls who were assigned those colors.

• October 2016
    159 Reputation
    Lol yeah that's true, but it's just something I remembered. That also might play into the concept of self fulfilling prophesy on the part of colour/personality association.

If it's deliberate then that also makes sense: Red leader of Power Rangers is an example of red being the "leaders" colour, amongst many other examples.

Edit: Also, try associating those colour/personality traits across all Stardust groups and I don't think it will match up quite as well, so it could be a coincidence

• MM305

October 2016
    643 Reputation
    delweeve said:

If it's deliberate then that also makes sense: Red leader of Power Rangers is an example of red being the "leaders" colour, amongst many other examples.

It just seems contradictory to have that applied to a group that is named "Pink Clover"!

• October 2016
    309 Reputation
    i think their image at first more matched the name pink clover, but they obviously changed to something else.

• ebizoriebizori

October 2016
    2806 Reputation
    Shiori was not glad for yellow. She wanted to be pinku

• October 2016
    309 Reputation

watch from about 17:15 to learn the shocking truth about the colors

• ebizoriebizori

October 2016
    2806 Reputation
    I think to be pinku in pink group and be also the leader of it is to much for one person