Please Help. Can You Recognize the Brand of These Momoclo Work Shoes?
  • January 2017
    173 Reputation
    Hello!
    Does anyone recognize the brand or/and designer of these shoes that Momoclo uses quite often?

Thank you in advance for any information you can share.
    Kind regards,
    RR

• January 2017
    481 Reputation
    The design belongs to the brand asics. What specific model of shoe, however, I don't know.

Also you can ask questions in the main Momoclo thread. You don't need to start a new thread for individual questions.

• January 2017
    173 Reputation
    Hello Lurkette!
    Thank you for your quick and helpful response!

Please accept my apologies for mis-posting this. If there is a way to move this topic to the Momoclo thread, please let me know how to do it. Otherwise, I could cancel this one out and re-post, though I think you have given me a good starting point to begin my search.

Kind regards,
    RR

• January 2017
    5759 Reputation
    ONITSUKA TIGER(asics)
    JAVELIN HIINA TH0F1L
    Spoiler:

• January 2017
    173 Reputation
    Momomofu san! That's great! Thank you!

I just got finished searching the entire Asics Japanese website, but did not not find this style. Maybe discontinued, but thanks to your kind help, I know what I'm looking for! So, so, so kind of you! Thank you again!
    RR

• January 2017
    925 Reputation
    ¥17,280 (almost 150 USD) for those shoes according to a website.
    Hope you have the money for that.

• January 2017
    4653 Reputation
    Considering that Momoclo is wearing them for performances they must be good quality
    And for that the price sounds quite okay

• January 2017
    173 Reputation
    I'm also figuring that high performance and quality have a price. Meanwhile, I'd love to know the website that Mizuki Chan has discovered because on the Asics websites these shoes are going for around US$225 - 250. Something to save up for, at least in my case.

Sort of unrelated to Momoclo's work shoes, but not really, I saw an amazing documentary about hand made ballet "point shoes", the shoes ballerinas wear when doing point dancing. I was amazed, though I guess I shouldn't be, that the shoes are made very specifically for each individual dancer's unique feet; they cost a lot of money; and for professionals, the shoes are worn out and discarded by the end of a single show.

Here's a link to watch this documentary if it is interesting for you:

In the case of Momoclo, I imagine, but don't really know, that they get a lot more mileage out of their chosen footwear. So as daunting at the price is, I'm guessing it has more to do with materials and craftsmanship, than it does to do with price inflation associated with a designer label, like Jimmy Choo for example.

Anyway, I understand Mizuki Chan's misgivings, but I'm already saving my pennies because I love the design, but it will be "icing on the cake" if durability and longevity are part of the package.

Lovin' it!!
    RR

• January 2017
    173 Reputation
    Did I mention that those shoes appear to be extremely comfortable? Looking forward to discovering that is true, especially if it is!