Quick translation requests
  • March 2017
    446 Reputation
    If you have a quick clip (preferably less than a minute), or a short paragraph (a few dozen words at most) that you'd like translated, post it here, and hopefully someone who speaks Japanese will take a minute or two out of their busy schedule and post a translation or a summary.

It of course has to be Stardust related stuff, and NOT SUBTITLING REQUESTS. There are other threads for that.

The reason why I'm starting this thread is because I'm thinking about doing some subbing, however, I don't quite understand everything, and I'm not always sure my translation is correct. So, rather than release incomplete or wrong subs, I'm hoping I could get a little help from time to time, from guys who speak Japanese, with the parts I get stuck on.

I am also hoping that having a thread like this might inspire others who understand some Japanese, but aren't great at it, to try doing some subtitling, knowing that when they get stuck there's a place where we can help each other out. But that doesn't mean you have to be working on subs to post requests in the thread. It's open to any requests, as long as they're short.

P.S. It's also okay for subbers to post their work here, if they'd like someone to review it and suggest corrections, before they publish the final version in the appropriate thread (or upload it to a tracker).

• March 2017
    446 Reputation
    Might as well post my first request。I can't quite nail this down:
    しかし、その日から
    「売れて、あーりんにしゅうくりいむおなかいっぱいごちそおしたい」ということが、
    ぼくがお笑いを頑張ることができる理由の1つになりました。

It's from Higashi Ohsaka's letter to Ahrin, in Momoiro Tsurube 104th episode. I understand the words, but long sentences trip me up.

• March 2017
    481 Reputation
    "However, from that day, with the reasoning of
    'I want to become famous and give Aarin her fill of cream puffs,'
    that became one reason I was able to work hard in comedy."

• March 2017
    446 Reputation
    Thank you very much, Lurkette. Here's another one, from the same letter:
    本当にほんのちょっとだけ似ているAmakou Interのせいこうーさんに
    ふつうに性することができなくなってしまったことです。

• March 2017
    481 Reputation
    Okay, this one needs substantially more context than just this sentence, but here's a translation based on what I know:

"It unfortunately came to a point where I was no longer able to have a normal relationship with Amakou Inter's Seikou-san, who looks just a little tiny bit like Ahrin."