What was it like to meet/confront MCZ In Person?
  • MM305

May 2017
    643 Reputation
    This thread is specifically for those who have actually met/confronted Momoiro CLover Z. Whether it was all 5 members or less than that, I would like for this thread to be about sharing that experience when you saw MCZ in person (whether it was in the streets or part of the VIP tickets)!

What was your reaction?
    What did you talked about with them?
    What did they say to you?
    Did you get an autograph/picture with them?

• May 2017
    96 Reputation
    Well, I didn't get to meet them, but I saw them up close and had the opportunity to confront them after the concert in L.A. last year. The problem was that I was sort of in "awe" mode and did more watching than talking. LOL.

I went around back of the theatre after the show and joined a small group of fans that were waiting for the girls to exit. After a short while, 4 of them came out, everyone except Kanako. It looked to me like Ayaka briefly thought about putting her face mask up, but just decided to let it go. Or maybe she purposely pulled it down for the fans. Momoka wore one if I recall correctly. We waved and smiled and some fans shouted things out. Even though they hurried to their bus, they did seen approachable. One fan had a brief talk with Shiori. Reni had a huge smile on her face. They did leave pretty quickly, though. I think they were tired.

After they drove away, maybe 20 min later or so, Kawakami and Kanako came out. Unlike the other 4, Kanako walked slowly, taking the time to look at as all, wave, smile, make kissy and hand heart gestures toward us, and respond to someone who said "Deko is shiny" by covering her forehead. It was a more deliberate interaction with us all. Kawakami didn't let anyone take pictures. He shined a flashlight in front of any cameras he saw and gave stern warnings. At some point Kanako made a gesture that she was tired by putting her had on her hands and closing her eyes. At that point I finally got back to reality enough to yell out "Oyasumi," and she said it back to me, "oyasumi." That was the extent of my "conversation" with Momoclo. LOL

Then when she finally got in the SUV (or van? Hazy memory) to leave, she rolled down her window and just looked at us, and blew us a big, open armed kiss. When the vehicle started driving off, she stayed with us, and even as she rounded the corner and was almost out of site she hung her torso out and gave a huge wave goodbye. It was pretty awesome.

My takeaway is that the girls are truly appreciative of their fans, and truly want to make them happy. Even though it was really nothing, it meant the world to me to just exchange "goodnights" with Kanako. And she was so cute in person! I had to laugh, because really, all of her actions were just so typically anime-ish cute, or I guess idol-cute is more accurate. I'll never forget it, and I hope one day they do come back to the States for another tour.

• MM305

May 2017
    643 Reputation
    Hey, even seeing them up close and confronting them counts. But thanks for sharing!

• May 2017
    79 Reputation
    I cant compare to the people who were at the US shows this year, but I met them at anime expo and had brief interactions with them. Had some short conversations with Shiori and Reni. Was too nervous to say anything to Kanako.

I've been to a bunch of their japan concerts since then. Reni and Kanako both remember me from AX. Don't think the other 3 do though. Saw Kanako up close during a halloween parade and she gave me some candy and said "long time no see".