Oricon weekly ranking (26/02-04/03)
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2018-03-12/
    1. 144,382 Hoshino Gen
    2. *31,213 Fairies
    3. *30,263 夜想令嬢 -GRAC&E NOCTURNE-
    8. *17,522 Team Syachihoko

• March 2018
    4653 Reputation
    So are these numbers good or bad or tolerable?

And here's the Limited Edition Type B rip
    https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=124836

Live excerpts from various 2017 concert events
    https://team-syachihoko.jp/otome_yaro2017/
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/242196

Tracklist:
    1. Pizza Desu (ピザです!) - 乙女祭り2017@Zepp Namba
    2. Chiguhagu Runners High (ちぐはぐ・ランナーズ・ハイ) - 野郎NIGHT2017@Zepp Namba
    3. Atashi, Yan Chiyu! ~Yan Chiyu Sungeki MC Collection~ (あたし、やんちゆ! ~やんちゆ寸劇MC集~)
    4. Nakushi Mono (なくしもの) - 野郎NIGHT2017@Zepp Namba
    5. Overture - Spring Tour 2017 おわりとはじまり~#ナゴヤの大逆襲~@Zepp Nagoya
    6. START - Spring Tour 2017 おわりとはじまり~#ナゴヤの大逆襲~@Zepp Nagoya
    7. Kissy-Men (Kissy-麺) - Spring Tour 2017 おわりとはじまり~#ナゴヤの大逆襲~@Zepp Nagoya
    8. Professional Shishunki (プロフェッショナル思春期) - Spring Tour 2017 おわりとはじまり~#ナゴヤの大逆襲~@Zepp Nagoya

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

• ebizoriebizori

March 2018
    2806 Reputation
    I think this is a weak result for the group, which set as their goal concert in Nagoya Dome

For comparison: BiS sold already 21K only for the first day

• vimoralvimoral

March 2018
    3147 Reputation
    I think it's a bad sales result for them

• March 2018
    761 Reputation
    Stardust idols don't need a good sales to set their goals. They must grow up at each concerts.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2018
    2806 Reputation
    That's strange opinion. Chiyri said in interview she is very disappointed with the number of empty seats on their big concerts last two years, so that no some special growth in the number of spectators. We can remember the failures to fill the seats at the concerts Girls' Factory 2016 in the first two days

• March 2018
    4653 Reputation
    Though those two days had Ebichu as well. Anything below Momoclo was a problem there

• ebizoriebizori

March 2018
    2806 Reputation
    Yes. But Ebichu and Syachi are now in different situations. EbiChu has a steady growth in sales of their releases and in the number of visitors to their concerts. Although even now I'm not sure that they can gather a 30K stadium, but I would not be surprised at such an announcement from them.

Syachi the last two years are in stagnation. As Chiyu said, they expected to gather 50K people for 5 big concerts, and have gathered only a half, so it was very hard for them to look at these large empty spaces during lives. ("Then we finally realized the true level of our popularity. Before that we were in a state of self-deception"). The number of sales of their new single only confirms that the group have'nt a growing popularity, and to change this we need some more subtle and complex solutions, except for announcing their goal for the 40K stadium at a time, when they can't gather 10K.

• March 2018
    4653 Reputation
    Agreed (just wanted to point out that the GF16 wasn't a good argument as it wasn't Syachi specific)
    And that Nagoya Dome I felt was a rather awkward idea when it was made
    It's too bad really as I like them more than Ebichu but there were deficiencies management wise

• March 2018
    4653 Reputation

• March 2018
    186 Reputation
    It's kinda tricky to judge Syachi based only on the sales of physical albums. They did make the single available on iTunes way before the official release and (according to them) achieved really good sales.

Jump Man comes over a year after the release of U-MSVPB, with Owari to Hajimari and the Best Of in between both releases.

Also, CD sales are not the only source of funds of the group. They have the fanclub (an accurate sample of their popularity), various sponsorships like Mizuno Japan, merchandise, side projects (like radio, TV, theater plays, acting and modeling).

I know it does seem like I'm a little defensive here, but that's because I actually am. I just don't understand all the negativity. I'm aware that their popularity is far from MCZ and even Ebichu's after their huge rise due to last year's tragic events. But also compared to younger groups within the Stardust Planet they're far from the worst.

Recently I've been thinking about these Huge Stadium concerts vs relatively small concert halls, and honestly I grew tired of MCZ's oversized shows padded with stuff I don't care about to make them seem bigger and longer. The live audio is terrible and even if it looks impressive by sheer size compared to smaller shows, I just rather smaller "to the point" concerts like Syachi's big 5 or Ebichu's Budokan. It's true that Syachi's Nagoya Dome goal seems unrealistic right now, but it took them 5 years to get Gaishi Hall, so I think this second chapter is only beginning.

It's hard to sell out big venues, but sometimes just the fact of being there having a concert with your loyal Fanbase is more important than huge crowd of people. Comes to mind Hammerfall's Anniversary concert Gates of Dalhalla and how it took me some time to realize the importance of a half empty concert at such an unusual venue. They recorded the event so fans all over the world that couldn't be there, have the opportunity to watch it too and the venue had some significant importance for the band itself. Like let's say "Aichi Diamond Hall", "Nagoya Gaishi Hall" and now the "Nagoya Dome."

• March 2018
    481 Reputation

It's kinda tricky to judge Syachi based only on the sales of physical albums. They did make the single available on iTunes way before the official release and (according to them) achieved really good sales.

This is an important factor that isn't being taken into consideration. This is the second time they are actively promoting the release on iTunes over physical. This is in no way a bad strategy; between Oricon changing the way they count sales, the vast majority of idol groups losing overall popularity and selling ability, and the digital market growing in Japan (more slowly than in other places, but still growing), they are seeking some alternate methods of releasing music and making money. Though honestly, even if they hadn't incentivized iTunes, their sales probably would have fallen anyway because of the above reasons. It's really not that big of a deal if their Oricon figures drop somewhat.

Also, even if we disregard those reasons and say they're stagnating, it needs to be reinforced that plateauing =/= failing. TacoNiji's sales have been remarkably consistent around the 14k mark for years now (7k for both albums), but that hasn't in any way defined their success as idols. They have a regular TV show that has been renewed for a longer time slot, they've gotten major promotional opportunities with Osaka sports teams, and most importantly, they enjoy their lives as idols and have become excellent performers for their fans. I will not be less of a Syachi fan if they can't fill Nagoya Dome, nor do I believe that that will define their careers as idols, nor do I believe that that will be the reason why they eventually disband. It's very exciting to see idol groups on the rise, sure, but at the end of the day, staying the same or even falling slightly rarely has catastrophic effect on how the group functions.

And the same goes for smaller venues > giant venues and not selling out not meaning unsuccessful, all valid points. At the end of the day, enjoy your idols for being idols, not because they sell well.

• ebizoriebizori

March 2018
    2806 Reputation
    I don't like stadium concerts
    Most of my favorite groups have only 1-2K sales
    There was no negative in my words at all, maybe only some frustration that with every new release I get a little further from this group