[single]19th Odoru Ponpokorin
  • vimoralvimoral

July 3
    2692 Reputation
    August 28 release

Commemoration song for the 30th anniversary of the anime "Chibi Maruko-chan"

https://natalie.mu/music/news/338234

• vimoralvimoral

July 28
    2692 Reputation

• August 16
    116 Reputation

• August 16
    679 Reputation
    So cute

• vimoralvimoral

August 29
    2692 Reputation
    Oricon daily ranking
    August 28
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2019-08-27/p/2/

1. 276,867 King&Prince
    2. *23,513 GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE
    3. **9,931 Urashima Sakata
    16. ***,*** Momoiro Clover Z

• August 29
    679 Reputation
    16?

• August 29
    679 Reputation
    That is bad?? Right??

• vimoralvimoral

August 29
    2692 Reputation
    It's their worst oricon entry of their entire career

• August 29
    663 Reputation
    I don't think fans want to buy a single that main song is a song they sang 3 years ago

• August 29
    450 Reputation
    While I love the title track, the two b-sides sadly aren't that good. They performed them both at Momoclo Mania (one on each day), and they were definitely the low points of the concerts. Odoru Ponpokorin itself is super catchy, and I like it because it's a relatively new song to me. But in Japan I guess it's been done in many iterations already (and they're all quite similar). I'm not surprised that people in Japan don't want to buy an already well covered song. I think it would've been better to skip the b-sides entirely, and instead release an original single and have Odoru Ponpokorin as a bonus b-side instead.

• vimoralvimoral

August 29
    2692 Reputation

• SpookyBSpookyB

August 29
    24 Reputation
    is it just me who's also a little tired of the cutsey anime collab songs? Maybe I'm just getting older now but ive never been a fan of the more kids aimed songs such as Xiao Yi Xiao but idk

• August 29
    679 Reputation
    I like Xiao Yi Xiao but I think momoclo is going to a "childish way" that i'm not liking .... Blast was amazing to Xiao yi Xiao be so .... Meh (I'm talking about singles only)

• August 29
    450 Reputation
    To be fair we've got at least 15 new songs released since Xiao yi Xiao almost a year and a half ago, none of which are particularly aimed at kids. The new album definitely had quite a mature feel to it. I think it's good that they switch it up every now and then and release some pure happiness songs. There's been a lot of people complaining about Momoclo losing that side ever since 5th Dimension. After all, that's always been Momoclo's thing - making people smile. Though I agree this works better when they do it without any collaborations, and just do their own thing. I think Xiao yi Xiao was a much better single for that reason. Even though the song was used in a kid's show neither the song nor the music video were that heavily tied to it, which made it feel more Momoclo and less commercial.

• August 29
    116 Reputation
    Agreed. As was said before, the main track is a cover of the original theme. We had those covers in the past anime collaborations, but as coupling tracks. At the end of the day, it's a collaboration that I assume has different creative decisions, I guess the people from the show wanted to spotlight a cover instead of an original song... So, in the meantime, I'll enjoy it as a cute parenthesis (as Chibi Maruko-chan is another of the wonderful things I found thanks to MCZ), and be on the lookout for what comes next.
    And yeah, if people think Momoclo is getting childish, we also had "Nightmare before Catharsis" at Momoclo Mania...

• August 31
    4250 Reputation

• vimoralvimoral

September 4
    2692 Reputation
    Oricon weekly ranking
    August 26-Setember 1
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2019-09-09/p/3/

1. 398,667 King&Prince
    2. *34,774 GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE
    3. *23,803 Urashima Sakata
    22. **5,986 Momoiro Clover Z

• September 6
    116 Reputation
    Dance version

• vimoralvimoral

September 10
    2692 Reputation

• September 10
    116 Reputation
    vimoral said:

Lol I was literally behind the camera that Shiori sprays!

• September 11
    679 Reputation
    it's good