General Discussion
  • September 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Ocrober 30
    [Event] T-SPOOK 2016
    http://www.tokyohalloween.com/

Reni's new radio program will start on Ocrober 1.
    "Takagi Reni no Shumatsu Momoclo ☆ Punch!!"
    Bunka Housou(Nippon Cultural Broadcasting)
    air date:Every Saturday 17:00~

• September 2016
    220 Reputation

For some of the more general chants like the names and the "urya-oi" once you learn the basics they are fairly easy to apply to other songs, which I believe accounts for a big part of how people learn. The more advanced chants I believe spread a bit more slowly, but probably over twitter and the like. For Tohjinsai there was a lot of chants that I picked up on the fly, and some that I learned for the second day. For TGH, for example, there was a combination of these two factors. When we heard the song for the first time there was kind of a feeling that it made sense to raise your penlight when they jumped during the chorus, and go "woo". And as some people started doing it more and more followed, and soon everyone was doing it.

I also asked some Japanese mononofus about the origin of the chants when I was there this summer, and they told us that there are these super dedicated fans that have basically been there since the Yoyogi days back in '08, and they are really close with the management. They made them sound like living legends, and that you have to work your way into the fandom to even find out their names. But basically these people have been there since the beginning, and they were the ones who made up the original chants.

For as much as people seem to be divided on The Golden History, I think that the crowd involvement is one of the things they were going for. It seems to be easy to figure out when to jump, chant, repeat the chorus, etc. The crowd participation is one of the things that makes the lives so great...and it seems to be one of the factors that was missing from the Amaranthus/HNY songs. Great songs, but what's the crowd supposed to do...

• MM305

September 2016
    435 Reputation
    You know, I don't know if it's because I've followed MCZ since early 2016 that prevents me for having an hipster mindset whenever they released a new song, but I am baffled by the lack of appreciation for The Golden History.

It certainly not the only MCZ song that I have felt this way about, but when I hear comments like "a huge step backwards" I find myself trying to dissect the "horrible" aspects of the song, and I can't find any personally.

Sure it may not have that MCZ unpredictability and wildness as the classics, but as long as it's good, I don't think it deserves the smack it gets. Maybe I'm either too open-minded about music to really know what's good and what's bad, or Im too new to the MCZ scene to understand the contraversy behind it(despite doing a HUGE amount of research in between these 9 months)!

• September 2016
    264 Reputation
    Well, it's true that the Amaranthus/HNY songs don't allow for as much crowd participation in the classic sense, because they've somewhat moved away from songs with a super distinct rhythm and solo parts that allow for the classic chants (think Kono Uta). However, they are still new, and I think there are chants that a lot of people haven't learned yet, that will become more prominent as the songs get played more often. For Gorilla Punch, for example, there's lots of penlight coreography for the chorus and pre-chorus, and Mahoro Vacation has parts of the lyrics that you shout along with.

There's definitely plenty of songs where there's nothing at all, so I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but I feel it's important to remember that this goes for some of the older classics as well, like Kasou Dystopia.

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    I absolutely agree with dj_mischief that its a great song for crowd participation
    Both kinda songs have their merits.
    But the more I listen to Golden History the more I like it actually
    (feel like jumping right now :) )

In the meantime...

kwkm, Reni (clad as one of the waitresses), tmmn and some friends/staff on a new edition of his webshow
    川上アキラの人のふんどしでひとりふんどし
    https://logirl.favclip.com/article/detail/5707918659813376

On A!O: https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=95755

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

They're dining at a luxurious Yamada Udon restaurant :)
    http://www.yamada-udon.co.jp/index.html

And the CEO and sales rep of the chain are there as guests too
    山田裕朗(山田食品産業株式会社 代表取締役 社長)
    江橋文広(山田食品産業株式会社 営業企画部 部長)

• September 2016
    5201 Reputation

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    and here's the full show out of which I have removed 45 (!) minutes of commercial. Japanese TV is rather absurd at times...
    Reni, Ahrin and Momoka were used as studio decorations
    https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=95929

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

• knot555

September 2016
    27 Reputation
    The Golden History was more than well received at Inazuma & Kishidan so I wouldn't call that song a fail at all. Its my least favourite on that disc however they are the only artist I've ever listened to where I don't really know at first what to think about some or all of their new material
    & sometimes dont even like particular tracks & then weeks sometimes months later they turn out to be some of my favourite tracks ever. My opinion on music had always been either black or white & nothing between but they have been the only exception.
    Highlight of both days. "Hanabi" had me teary eyed, love that song & "Overture" at Kishidan had everyone in hysterics, cant wait to see the footage. The girls had just as much fun as the crowd

• AzureusAzureus

September 2016
    1470 Reputation
    ももクロ MUSIC FAIR(2016-9-24)

• MM305

September 2016
    435 Reputation
    You know, at first I thought the white outfits with the jackets looked kind of silly. But now, the outfits oddly seems more matured now (I think the DECORATION music video helped a little on that).

Plus, it's always nice to see more interaction/discussions between MCZ and Masahiro Tanaka, I just really seem to love the bond between them!! I'm honestly hoping MCZ will either make a mention of him or have him do a cameo for the New York show later this year.

• September 2016
    264 Reputation
    Alright, so I'm on the hunt for a bunch of instrumental versions of Momoclo songs. I have lots of them, but there's still some that I'm after. I don't know if all of these exist, but some I've heard in youtube videos and stuff, so I know they're out there.

From BAR I need:
    * Z Densetsu
    * D no Junjou
    * Ame no Tajikara wo
    * Orange Note
    * Kono Uta
    * Taiyou to Ekubo
    * ...fall into me
    * Ai desu ka
    * Arigatou no Present
    * Koi wa Abare Ondekoza

From 5th Dimension I need:
    * Neo Stargate
    * Mouretsu (I have the Emperor version instrumental, I don't know if there is one for the regular version?)
    * 5 the Power
    * Roudo Sanka
    * Get Down
    * Tsuki to Gingami Hikosen
    * Birth O Birth
    * Jokyu Monogatari
    * Soratobu!
    * Hai to Diamond

And then from Amaranthus and Hakkin I need everything but WE ARE BORN and Mahoro Vacation, and the ones previously released as singles (Moon Pride, etc), but I don't know if those exist.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

• MM305

September 2016
    435 Reputation
    For BAR: CONTRADICTION, Mirai Bowl, Pinky Jones, and Ikuze Kaijo Shoujo are the missing songs.

For 5th Dimension: Kasou Dystopia, Mugen No Ai (regular), 5 the Power, Otome Sensou, and "Saraba, Kanatachimitachi Yo" are also missing.

• September 2016
    229 Reputation

Alright, so I'm on the hunt for a bunch of instrumental versions of Momoclo songs. I have lots of them, but there's still some that I'm after. I don't know if all of these exist, but some I've heard in youtube videos and stuff, so I know they're out there.

From BAR:
    * Z Densetsu
    * Wani to Shampoo
    * Kimi no Ato
    * D no Junjou
    * Ame no Tajikara wo
    * Orange Note
    * Stardust Serenade
    * Kono Uta
    * Momoclo no Nippon Banzai
    * All the solo songs from the limited edition second disc

From 5th Dimension
    * Neo Stargate
    * Mouretsu (I have the Emperor version instrumental, I don't know if there is one for the regular version?)
    * Roudo Sanka
    * Get Down
    * Tsuki to Gingami Hikosen
    * Birth O Birth
    * Jokyu Monogatari
    * Soratobu!
    * Hai to Diamond

And then from Amaranthus and Hakkin I need everything but WE ARE BORN and Mahoro Vacation, and the ones previously released as singles (Moon Pride, etc), but I don't know if those exist.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

I can help you with:

CONTRADICTION
    Datte Aarin nanda mon☆
    Kimi no Ato
    Momokuro no Nippon Banzai!
    Stardust Serenade
    Wani to Shampoo

https://mega.nz/#F!bpAzCaDD!QUR1OR2cjToGIAeoJUOgWg

• September 2016
    264 Reputation
    MM305 said:

For BAR: CONTRADICTION, Mirai Bowl, Pinky Jones, and Ikuze Kaijo Shoujo are the missing songs.

For 5th Dimension: Kasou Dystopia, Mugen No Ai (regular), 5 the Power, Otome Sensou, and "Saraba, Kanatachimitachi Yo" are also missing.

Haha, yes, I know. Those are the ones I already have. Maybe that wasn't super clear in the post. I'll edit it to be clearer. But basically, the ones I mentioned are the ones I need!

BetoVelez said:

I can help you with:

CONTRADICTION
    Datte Aarin nanda mon☆
    Kimi no Ato
    Momokuro no Nippon Banzai!
    Stardust Serenade
    Wani to Shampoo

https://mega.nz/#F!bpAzCaDD!QUR1OR2cjToGIAeoJUOgWg

Thank you so much! I'll edit my post to reflect this.

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    kwkm, Shiorin and two 3bjrs on a new edition of his webshow
    川上アキラの人のふんどしでひとりふんどし #61 September 27
    https://logirl.favclip.com/article/detail/5415296095485952

On A!O: https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=96225

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

The juniors are Hachimitsu Rockets' Hanayama and Okusawa Mura's Nakamura
    http://momoirocloverz.wikia.com/wiki/Shiho_Hanayama
    http://momoirocloverz.wikia.com/wiki/Yu_Nakamura

And they seem to be presenting their top five favorite idol units (quite a few surprises there) :-)
    5) Namaudon
    4) Idol Renaissance
    3) babyraids JAPAN
    2) Keyakizaka46
    1) Babymetal

If anyone can tell me what they were saying about babyraids I'd appreciate that :-)

• MM305

September 2016
    435 Reputation
    Wait, Is it Shiori or the 2 3BJuniors members that likes BABYMETAL?

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    The juniors (who I guess did those wonderful drawings as well)

• MM305

September 2016
    435 Reputation
    Phew! My inner fanboy was about to scream like a fangirl if I just read that MCZ knew/liked BABYMETAL!! At least 2 of the BABYMETAL girls have confessed on seeing MCZ live:
    Spoiler:
    Skip to 4:05!
    This one's short, o play it through!

Still, cool to hear that other music groups are fans of BABYMETAL.

• gulduck

September 2016
    278 Reputation

If anyone can tell me what they were saying about babyraids I'd appreciate that :-)

A very quick-and-dirty summary of what was said:

Spoiler:
    Shiori: I don't know them all that well.
    kwkm: They're fun.
    Shiori: When I was a model for a magainze, Manatsu was as well. We took purikura together.
    Glasses: They're famous for Koyomi no ue de wa december from Amachan (TV drama). This year: iettaigaa (crowd call before refrain).
    Shiori and kwkm want them to do it and start singing, but apparently it doesn't work for all songs...
    Glasses: Yoake brand-new days is the best song in the world for iettaigaa.
    kwkm: It doesn't fit any other song right? Sing it.
    Glasses: I can't. You should listen to it live.
    Then they break off into talking about usage of iettaigaa in daily life. No-glasses' mom apparently used it while frying karaage...
    kwkm: They're really fun. Their performance was great when I saw them at Sunshine.
    No-glasses: Their performance really comes through on video, not just live. Their charm really comes through.
    kwkm: Then there's the character... (points to the blonde)
    Glasses (I think): She's the best singer. She was in Gekidan Shiki. She was in Lion King. She's for sure their center.
    kwkm: I want to use iettaigaa.
    Shiori: Iettaigaa
    kwkm: Even though I don't know where to use it.
    Glasses: Try it out in different places.
    Shiori: I don't know how.
    kwkm: Do you say it "iettaigaa"?
    Shiori: The people who come up with these calls are really great. There's a person who knows "I came up with iettaigaa."
    kwkm: Iettaigaa isn't in my vocabulary.

It's mostly just talk about iettaigaa: https://vine.co/v/O9wlq0A5iD5

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Thanks gulduck :)