General Discussion
  • December 7
    4446 Reputation
    Been to three shops. Neither have them. Would be nice if you could secure a red and yellow one :-)
    I'll check again next week

• December 7
    163 Reputation
    @mattthecat I guess MomoTamai is popular in your area...I'll be on it tomorrow (Monday). RR

• December 10
    4446 Reputation
    kwkm LoGiRL #215 December 9, 2019

https://aidoru-online.me/torrents-details.php?id=159713

Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

The 215th edition of kwkm's webshow
    「川上アキラの人のふんどしでひとりふんどし」
    Kawakami Akira no Hito no Fundoshi de Hitori Fundoshi
    http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/douga/kawakami_logirl

Guests are five members of Ahrin produced unit Janamie (浪江女子発組合(JA浪江))
    https://www.janamie.com/
    https://twitter.com/janamieofficial
    https://www.instagram.com/janamieofficial/
    Present are Ahrin, Moeka and the two bolts

• December 12
    163 Reputation
    TD4 attends the KISS End of The Road concert
    at the Tokyo Dome show on December 11, 2019

Is it just me, or does it seem strange to anyone else that the set list did not include Yume no Ukiyo Saita Mina, the KISS/Momoclo collaboration song?

I'm not suggesting that Momoclo should have been invited to perform at last night's show. But the song is KISS's most recent number one song in Japan. And in my opinion, Momoclo was doing KISS more of a favor than the other way around with this collaboration.

Then KISS turns around and covers another Japanese song in the show, albeit a beloved classic. I just don't get it.

Images are from Leader's Instagram where she wrote, "嬉しすぎる再会!!!!本当に最高でした!!!!Thank you KISS I hope to see you again"
    Translation: "Such a happy reunion!!!! It was really great!!!! Thank you KISS I hope to see you again"

KISS @ Tokyo Dome Set List - December 11, 2019
    01 Detroit Rock City
    02 Shout It Out Loud
    03Deuce
    04Say Yeah
    05 I Love It Loud
    06 Heaven's on Fire
    07 War Machine
    08 Lick it Up
    09 Calling Dr. Love
    10 100,000 Years
    11 Cold Gin
    12 God of Thunder
    13 Psycho Circus
    14 Let Me Go, Rock 'n' Roll
    15 Sukiyaki (Kyu Sakamoto cover - original title Ue o Muite Aruko)
    16 Love Gun
    17 I Was Made for Lovin' You
    18 Crazy Crazy Nights
    19 Black Diamond

Encore:

20 Beth (with Yoshiki)
    21 Rock and Roll All Nite (with Yoshiki)

By the way, there is plenty of coverage of their visit to Tokyo on all of KISS's social media accounts and official website, but not one word (or even a photo) of Momoclo is to be found anywhere, only what Leader posted on her own Instagram.

There is a post on Gene Simmons's Instagram regarding who joined the band on stage for the encore numbers...

Gene Simmons's text does suggest others appeared with KISS before, but not by name. Also, it is not lost on me that the only KISS member who could manage to share a Kodak moment with TD4 was Gene Simmons.

Many thought I was a bit of a conspiracy nut when I suggested there was more than meets the eye when Ariyasu suddenly left MCZ. As it turned out, I wasn't wrong.

So maybe I'll be thought of as nutty again when I say that something is off here with the KISS diss of Momoclo. Now I'm starting to wonder whether Momoclo was comped tickets for the show, or they had to pay to get in, and the photo with Gene Simmons only happened because it was part of the VIP ticket package...

RR

• vimoralvimoral

December 12
    2976 Reputation
    ruthyruth said:

And in my opinion, Momoclo was doing KISS more of a favor than the other way around with this collaboration.

I think the same too.
    I don't understand why they doesn't include the song on the setlist neither, their version without Momoclo it's a bit poor maybe?

• December 12
    441 Reputation
    They probably couldn't be bothered to rehearse the song, just for one show.

• December 12
    4446 Reputation
    and maybe it just doesn't sound that good as a solo effort
    Plus could be that the KISS fan community just isn't that idol oriented

• December 12
    163 Reputation
    Maybe Momoclo was invited, but couldn't commit to the full tour (Sendai, Tokyo, Morioka, Osaka, and Nagoya), the Osaka date conflicts with Folk Mura 103 on the 17th next week. And for that reason KISS is dissing them, though if true that would be kind of adolescent.

It's probably also true that they're lazy ass sad bastards who can't get it up to do the number on they're own, regardless if it put them on top of the charts last time they were in Japan.

Whatever the reasoning for not including the song, I think it was nonetheless impolite and disrespectful of KISS to publicly ignore their benefactors and collaborators.

RR

• December 12
    4446 Reputation
    Looks like our girls didn't really have a problem with it though :)

• December 12
    163 Reputation
    True that Master M. TD4 is not a tour bus full of sad bastards. And beyond that, they have the professionalism to show support to their fans for the old guys. That speaks volumes to me.
    RR

• December 12
    485 Reputation

They probably couldn't be bothered to rehearse the song, just for one show.

Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. I was a bit surprised myself that they didn't even play their own version of the song, but it's not like it would be demanded of them. I think it's much more likely they were just too lazy, rather than there being some conspiracy with KISS disliking the girls for whatever reason.

I hope the girls had fun :D

• December 14
    89 Reputation
    ruthyruth said:

Many thought I was a bit of a conspiracy nut when I suggested there was more than meets the eye when Ariyasu suddenly left MCZ. As it turned out, I wasn't wrong.

RR-san

In as much as it does not imply excessively tactless statements or speculations, could you possibly elaborate on what "turned out"?
    (Apart from the marriage, of course).

It is not meant as a rhetorical or provocative question. I am really "out of touch", when it comes to this kind of things...

From what I recall from that time, while not agreeing with your theses, I was also surprised by the slightly cold, all too pragmatic reaction by many other persons here...

Please excuse my rude intervention.

• mr_sas

December 15
    75 Reputation
    life is full of choices I guess, in momoka case its her love or the group, she been in the group for along time so i guess its time for her to choose for her love, so she graduated. for the KISS,maybe they cannot afford momokuro fee.

• December 15
    163 Reputation
    Ariyasu will make her first TV interview appearance since her MCZ gaduation on NTV December 18, 2019 at 19:00.

NTV Program Note

Oricon News article

RR

• December 17
    485 Reputation
    It seems Momoclo will have the honour of carrying the Olympic torch! This is super cool!

https://twitter.com/mononofu_rengo/status/1206875086600445952?s=19

• December 17
    89 Reputation

It seems Momoclo will have the honour of carrying the Olympic torch! This is super cool!

Cool indeed.

Nevertheless, given their adoption of extensive olympic references and symbolisms during the last seven years, not to mention the endorsement of the Tokyo candidacy, one could hope for an involvement of much higher profile.

Of course their mainstream exposure is different today, but still...

• MM305

December 21
    629 Reputation
    Knowing that the ladies associate themselves with NJPW, I REALLY HOPE we get a picture of them with Kazuchika Okada (the top wrestler from NJPW, who will also be part of the Olympics).

• December 22
    4446 Reputation
    Hot Wave - December 22, 2019

https://aidoru-online.me/torrents-details.php?id=160324 (1080i)
    https://aidoru-online.me/torrents-details.php?id=160325 (720p)

A digest of Noboru Yamamoto's expeditions to 2019 Momoclo events on
    https://www.teletama.jp/hotwave/

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

• December 24
    163 Reputation
    Leader published this Christmas Kodak Moment at 2:00 AM Japan time
    early on the 25th / late on the 24th of December, 2019

TD4 with Tokyo03 comedian Kakuta Akihiro and Stardust represented actor Araki Yuko. Although Araki Yuko is fronting and shooting the video, I believe she is doing it with Leader's new iPhone 11Pro because it is published on Leader's Instagram and Araki Yuko has not posted it on her Instagram. I grabbed it and put it on my Youtube channel. But who cares?

Merry Christmas!
    RR

Results of my forensic analysis: The timing of Leader's Instagram post suggests it might have been shot after the Christmas Show backstage at the Saitama Super Arena tonight. However, careful inspection reveals that TD4 are wearing their Momoiro Kouhaku no-side team t-shirts, so maybe this was shot at another time and place. I'll dust for fingerprints and get back to you...

• December 24
    163 Reputation
    Has anyone else noticed that Leader has totally straightened her teeth?

This photo was taken around January 19, 2019

Leader posted her intention to correct her teeth on Instagram on February 6, 2019. She may have already started at this point. It seems there is some noticeable swelling on the left side of her face.

Over the intervening months Leader's made several Instagram posts, but this selfie from November 25, 2019 stands out...

and this one from December 12, 2019...

I've always thought that the process of straightening teeth was a long and painful ordeal. I mean, from February to November is nine months. Not a short period, but not a very long one when it come to Orthodontic corrective work.

In my opinion, that was some pretty fast work with amazing results. It had to have been a painful process, but Leader wouldn't be Leader if she didn't face every challenge head on. She is "the real deal" to be sure!

RR

Annotations were added to the images above.