Random Talk
  • Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    Still can't get to this forum a lot of times. With my decreasing interest in Stardust idols the result is that I am only very rarely here.

A few things I like at the moment.

Deeply in love with MIGMA SHELTER:

A little late (it is from 2016), but the first Tama Himeno solo album is great (the one from 2017 I haven't got):

and of course her two other releases as Boku to Joruju:

Love Minnanokodomo and Hamidasystem (which I was going to post here as well).

Ah, and the ep or mini album by ねうちゃん is very beautiful:

• ebizoriebizori

November 2017
    2293 Reputation
    MiShel is a project of this year for me
    I like concept and releases of "........." (dots) very much, but they are not so good on lives

• Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    Yes, Migma Shelter is the project of the year.
    I really like ........., even I was a little bit "underwhelmed" by the last release (I liked the noise parts but the songs were a little bit shallow for me, but still good enough to stay interested).

YMM's "Talking Heads song" in a live version which works very well:

• ebizoriebizori

November 2017
    2293 Reputation
    My favorite song of this year "Trinity Dive" by "........." from their last release, so I can't name them shallow)

• Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    ^that's okay, I just hoped for more. Shallow wasn't the right word maybe. Something was missing for me.

• ebizoriebizori

November 2017
    2293 Reputation
    I'm admin of this community on VK (https://vk.com/club101188014)
    I don't think you can found there something new for yourself, but you can post something new for us, if you want. And you can do it in english, no problem with language.

• Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    Forgot yesterday:
    New Tentenko mini album is coming!

• Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    this is great:

;-)

• November 2017
    34 Reputation
    vimoral said:

As a curiosity on Netflix (at least in Spain) there is a documentary called "Tokyo idols" that explains what this movement consists of and focuses on the career of the idol Rio Hiiragi. For my taste it focuses too much on the fans / wotas and makes too many references to the sexualization of the girls but still and so it is an interesting documentary.
    In the same documentary Hyadain appears as producer of the last single of Rio, one of the idol group that appears in the documentary makes a cover of "Hashire!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6039532/

Thank you for sharing this. I watched it with great interest.

Of course, the whole concept is not very new. My first encounter with it goes back to Takeshi Kitano's Dolls, which is of 2002. One of the three novels in the movie deals with similar wota/idol relationship. This is apparently a modernization of Junichiro Tanizaki's short story, which was also made into a movie by Kaneto Shindo in 1972.

• vimoralvimoral

November 2017
    1423 Reputation
    ^I'm glad that has interested to someone hehe
    Thank you very much for the info, i didn't know this movies.

• Paco

November 2017
    331 Reputation
    I've seen the BBC version of this documentary, didn't like it much. - - - Dolls -> Kitanos last really good movie in my opinion. Tanizaki -> highly underrated in the "west".

Speaking about obsessions: I am obsessed since sunday with 眉村ちあき.

• ebizoriebizori

November 2017
    2293 Reputation
    voting for 6th Idol Music Awards started (you need to register on the site)

https://tonkotsu-music-award.ssl-lolipop.jp/

rules and nominees here: http://www.esrp2.jp/ima/2017/

• Paco

December 2017
    331 Reputation
    End of the year is almost here. So it is time for retrospect nonsense. What are your fav things these year and so on?

Maybe I have to think longer about it, but I think the most important thing for me was to discover Chiaki Mayumura and maybe Sozelica. Best releases, would be somtehing like:

Best Albums (Top 11)
    Seiko Oomori - kitixxxgaia
    George And I (Boku to Jorju) - 2
    Maison Book Girl - image
    RYUTist - Ryuto-geigi
    Haruko Tajima - Pink Hiziri
    Risa Satosaki - Sign
    Happy Paprika - Museum
    Batten Showjo Tai - Must Buy (Masuto Ban)
    Neu-chan - Oyasumi Luna Moth
    RECORIDE - TOKYO SYNTH PUNK
    And I am sure the new Tentenko album, but couldn't listen to it yet.

Best EPs/Singles (Top 11)
    Avandoned - Hello!!
    963 - Lost Planet
    George And I - 2.5
    sora tob sakana - cocoon
    amiinA - Valkyrie
    Migma Shelter - Svaha Eraser
    CRCK/LCKS - Lighter
    Hamidasystem - Dero
    Daidaidai - Batsu batsu batsu
    ......... - CD
    You'll Melt More! - Disco Psychedelica

I had a few things from 2016 that got me 2017. For instance the first Tama Himeno solo album or the first 3b junior album.
    And for some reason I can't listen to the new You'll Melt More! album. Everytime I reach the 3rd track I postpone further listening.
    I am sure, I forgot something.

• ebizoriebizori

December 2017
    2293 Reputation
    Did you vote in IMA 2017?

this is my choise there https://twitter.com/egor_mirniy/status/936969958239727616

• ebizoriebizori

December 2017
    2293 Reputation
    My favorite japanese release of this year is "PINK" by C.H.A.I. (real sugoi stuff)

What I like else: Seiko Oomori "kitixxxgaia", Charisma.com "not not me", ・・・・・・・・・ "CD", ......... "Shuwa Shuwa EP", 3776 "Sokyokyoku Dai Isshu", BILLIE IDLE® "Sayonara Romantic", BRATS "Ainikoiyo Nonai Shokyo Game MP3", elfloat "Tokiori Mermaid", HAMIDASYSTEM "DERO", Hauptharmonie & Tapferkind Band "Brass! Brass!! Brass!!!", Koutei Camera Gal "Smile Again", Maison book girl "image", MIGMA SHELTER "Amazing Glow", MIGMA SHELTER "Svaha Eraser", NECRONOMIDOL "DEATHLESS", sora tob sakana "cocoon ep", The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY "Pelo", There There Theres "There's something behind", Yanakoto Sotto Mute "BUBBLE", You'll Melt More! "Discopsychedelica", Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku "Ebi Kurashi", Batten Showjo Tai "MEGRRY GO ROUND", KissBee "&PEACH", Keiyakizaka 46 "Fukyouwaon", Wa-suta "Saijoukyuu Paradox"

• Paco

December 2017
    331 Reputation
    In an hour there will be on Ototoy (for a week or so) a free download for the new Dots album:
    https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/90834

• ebizoriebizori

December 2017
    2293 Reputation
    I'm listening it all day long)

• ebizoriebizori

December 2017
    2293 Reputation
    new songs are with some new sound, it's interesting too, but old songs I like more at this moment

• Paco

December 2017
    331 Reputation
    Love the album.

• ebizoriebizori

December 2017
    2293 Reputation
    new PV of CY8ER

first PV of Panda Mikku (younger sister group of sora tob sakana)

and this (about slow dog)