General Discussion
  • SSFVSSFV

July 2016
    221 Reputation
    Sadly I'm not knowledgeable about various idols except for the one I'm supporting.

• InvaderInvader

August 2016
    1737 Reputation
    It's been a million years since I had time to check Ebichu's blog but I just have a couple things to say:

QUEEN

QUEEEN

QUEEEEN

Good Night.

• August 2016
    242 Reputation
    SSFV said:

Sadly I'm not knowledgeable about various idols except for the one I'm supporting.

That makes two of us.

Rina looks really pretty on those pictures. Most beautiful girl in the group, I'd say.

I wonder who might be the most supported member in Ebichu. So that might perhaps be an interesting point of discussion: who do you think is the most popular member in Ebichu and why? I haven't really thought about it but I guess maybe Mirei would be quite popular. I think she's the most idol-type character in the group, so I could see her appeal. Another contender would be Kaho I guess. Kaho always seems very cheerful (despite her tendency to become very nervous) so I could see people liking that aspect of her.

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    ^
    I think the most popular member are:
    1) Hirota Aika
    She has her style that not many idol can replicate and she exuberantly show it with self confidence. She's one of their best singer too. Her anime voice is a plus point too and her obsession with trains garner a lot of admiration. This seems weird but a lot of idols who are the most popular in their group love trains.

2) Kashiwagi Hinata
    Just look at her! She's super cute when she was small and now she's still cute despite giving off a mature aura. She's one of those "If I have a daughter I want her to be like her" girl. She's naughty and selfish but yet you can't hate her for it. Her singing is top tier and she's the best dancer. She knows when to limit herself and at times can be more mature than the other members who are older than her. And most importantly she's my favorite hahahah!

3) Kobayashi Kaho
    She's a bundle of joy to watch and you can't get tired of it. She seems like a ponkotsu but surprised people again and again with her capability. She's always struggling with her singing with she's trying hard not to let that bring down her self confidence and I think fans really respect that. Most importantly she's bold AF. Her silliness is just over the roof.

4) Nakayama Riko
    I think the period where she just joined Ebichu gained her a lot of fans. You can't helped but support her when she was always nervous but never backed down. She's the opposite of Kaho when they joined. I think she gained more fans when she started to open up. Just like Kaho, her signing and dancing are shaky but seeing her trying hard is heartwarming.

5) Yasumoto Ayaka
    Yeah there's no denying that in her early days, she's just very uninterested, not trying very hard, always screwing things up and is just there. I think most fans didn't like that and opt to support other members at that time. She has matured now and can see the complete difference between now and back then. But I think she's the member with the largest female fanbase due to her tomboyish nature (Hate wearing skirt, short hair, etc). One of their best singer also. Also my second favorite!

6) Mayama Rika
    I think she being the oldest in the group, it's hard to gain new fans who opt for younger member as it is a more long term investment. I think Mayama has the most close knit fans. Her hobby of watching anime and playing games, I think it's pushing some fans away because of their ideals of what an idol should be.

7) Hoshina Mirei
    Same as Mayama. She's has a more girlish hobby than Mayama but since the fanbase are mostly made up of guys, they don't understand. Well compared to Aika, her fashion is more generic so there's not really much difference between her and other fashionista.

8)
    I think her tendency to cry at the very littlest thing is pushing some fans away. Despite being a model, it cater towards girls than guys and Ebichu is not known for being model compared to 46G and 48G. Also she seemed to lack confidence most of the time.

I became a fan after the other 3 changed school so I don't know much about their popularity.

I think popularity doesn't matter in Ebichu. The management don't seem to treat the girls any different than the popular members unlike some idol groups. In fact, I think the less popular members received more work than the popular one. I really love how management throws money for the group despite the risk and treat the girls not like a cash grabber but humans. It's the first time I don't feel angry or think there's unfairness in the group. It's really a group worth supporting.

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Personally I don't care about rankings like these.
    That's why I never became an AKB fan actually. Simply because I don't like this kind of competition
    That and the fact that my personal ranking would differ greatly from the mainstream :)

Probably the only way to know for sure who the most popular is would be looking at merchandise sales...

• ebizoriebizori

August 2016
    2293 Reputation
    don't know who. only have results from my community - https://new.vk.com/club81944799?w=wall-81944799_1916

or maybe this? https://new.vk.com/club81944799?w=wall-81944799_1950

who most viewed on YouTube

• August 2016
    449 Reputation

Probably the only way to know for sure who the most popular is would be looking at merchandise sales...

Not that this is any hard evidence, but looking at Smooch over time, the ones most likely to sell out of their individual merch are aiai, Hinata, and Riko (in numerical order, not in order of sales). Po is almost always the least likely to sell out or is the last one to. All of the others are scattered somewhere in-between, varying depending on the product or season. Of course, this isn't a definitive ranking of anything, since there are any number of factors to take into consideration like supply, resell value, and overall wealth or age of different fan groups, but I'd say the top and bottom are pretty representative of general popularity in this case after also taking into consideration things like blog comments and penlight colors at shows.

Still, I'd agree with you in that it doesn't really matter in this case, since it doesn't seem to affect how management promotes individual members nor does it affect how each girl's fans think of her.

• August 2016
    242 Reputation
    ebizori said:

Since the sample size of the first вконтакте poll is so small, I think the second one is slightly more indicative. Slightly surprised to see so much difference between them.

SSFV said:

I think popularity doesn't matter in Ebichu. [...] I really love how management throws money for the group despite the risk and treat the girls not like a cash grabber but humans. It's the first time I don't feel angry or think there's unfairness in the group. It's really a group worth supporting.

Yeah, I agree fully with this. Of course, in the end it doesn't really matter who's the most popular, cause everyone can decide for themselves who they like best. And I think it's great it's great that the management doesn't play favourites either. This is of course how it should be, but I'm sure there's plenty of cases where this is not how it goes. Definitely a group worth supporting.

• ebizoriebizori

August 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I agree that first pole is not representive and has some strange result)

• August 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Hinata didn't wear the ear monitor in the her left ear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW07qWEw1RA

• InvaderInvader

August 2016
    1737 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Hinata didn't wear the ear monitor in the her left ear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW07qWEw1RA

She didn't wear it during the tour either, at least I remember noticing it when they aired it on Line. I guess her ear is not getting better
    :(

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    That or her hearing has already been healed. She wouldn't have gone on the tour or participate in Girls Factory if her hearing has been getting worse.

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

Not that this is any hard evidence, but looking at Smooch over time, the ones most likely to sell out of their individual merch are aiai, Hinata, and Riko (in numerical order, not in order of sales). Po is almost always the least likely to sell out or is the last one to. All of the others are scattered somewhere in-between, varying depending on the ... like blog comments and penlight colors at shows.

Still, I'd agree with you in that it doesn't really matter in this case, since it doesn't seem to affect how management promotes individual members nor does it affect how each girl's fans think of her.

Ah so I wasn't far off. I based on my conclusion from the game app where one of the mission, to get the Butterfly Effect costume, you have to rank in within 1200th place or better in each member's event. Aika's one was ridiculous to get into within 1200th place.

Anyway I can't think of any fault with how Stardust treat them apart from maybe why the other 3 graduated. I still don't understand though since there's not much news or disccusion for it in English. I think Kouchou amd the staffs are doing a great job taking care of the girls. They all seemed more like friends than colleagues but at the same time, if the girls are slacking or disorderly, they can be strict and stern.
    I love how in concert, they would always sing full song so everyone has to sing their parts.
    I love how there doesn't seem to be an official centre for their singles.
    I love how they have to sing live so they can't hide behind lipsynch.
    I love how they're pushing the girls to be confident.
    I love how you don't always see the same face promoting an event.
    I could go on singing praises for them but you get my point.

• August 2016
    154 Reputation
    I have a friend who lost almost all hearing in one ear through an infection, it was very similar to Hinatas. I fear she may have lost most of her hearing, I'm worried about those headaches and dizzy spells she was having. I really hope she gets back to 100% mochi

• August 2016
    154 Reputation
    How good was Hinata's voice in Girls' Factory?? Amazing that her voice can still improve, it just gets better and better!

• InvaderInvader

August 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Diamondo said:

How good was Hinata's voice in Girls' Factory?? Amazing that her voice can still improve, it just gets better and better!

She was amazing. Hinata has that kind of voice that really moves me.

My top 3 (aiai, Hinata, Mayama) killed it on Girls Factory. Then you also have Mirei and Ayaka who are always reliable. In fact Mirei surprised me, that's the best she's ever sound. Even though Kaho, Riko and Rinanan an not on the same level as the others they also gave it their all.

I'm actually waiting for Ebichu to release a single or something, because after Girls Factory I'm so hyped that I want to spend some money on them.

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    I actually like to listen to Ayaka the most
    Aiai and Hinata especially may have stronger voices but I sometimes feel that's it's too much showmanship.
    They sound amazing and I can understand the fandom but Ayaka's singing is smoother and more refined in my opinion
    It's very pleasant to listen to. But hey, that's just me :)

• August 2016
    469 Reputation
    They were all so strong vocally, and in overall performance!

• InvaderInvader

August 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Yeah, Ayaka is really smooth. I kinda like lower registers when it comes to voices, so I feel like I can't fully appreciate how good she is because it's not the kind of voice that grabs me. It's more or less the same with Mirei, I think I liked her more on Girls Factory because she sang some parts with a deeper voice than usual.

Once again it's the beauty of Ebichu, you have different styles to choose from that everyone can have a different favorite and it's completely understandable.

We can also throw vocals away and just stan Rittan

• SSFVSSFV

August 2016
    221 Reputation
    Ayaka has that special warm kind voice when she's singing. She's very distinguishable when she sings. She may not be their best singer but she's my favorite voice to hear in Ebichu. Her vocables are the best like in Houkago Getabako Rock'n Roll MX, Popcorn Tone, etc.