General Discussion
  • January 2015
    449 Reputation
    Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I don't really see it as big deal? Partly because I don't think they'll be that strict with the rule (it's really hard to check for) and partly because the Japanese fans don't seem particularly bothered by it.

It's a lot harder for foreign fans, I suppose, since most of us only go to Japan every once in a blue moon, and it's expensive just to get there and then having the added expenses of all the idol events and purchases one might have to make, much less having to buy 3 (or 4) different lights to go to different Stardust concerts. Fans living in Japan can make the initial investment of one light apiece and then use the same one over and over for each event or concert they go to and it's whatever, but foreign fans are spending thousands of dollars all at once, and having to spend even more does make it seem worse.

The main thing for me is that they didn't seem to be railing against general-use King Blades that most of us have or would use at multiple idol concerts; the two instances with each of the aliens was that one had a Momoclo light in a Syachi concert, which I feel is just common sense not to do, and the other had not just a King Blade, but an unlicensed, knockoff light. The joke in the video is that it says "Team Syachipoko" in cheap lettering and when he's asked where he got it, he says, "Oh, no, it's official. I got it from a guy named Yamaguchi." "Who the heck is that?" It's implied that he got it from an unofficial knockoff seller, which you'll find all over the place near idol venues selling things with a group's name on it, but none of it is official and only goes into the pocket of the guy who made them at home.

I don't know, maybe it's just the principle of them compelling fans to purchase more than they want to? :-/

• January 2015
    262 Reputation
    That was what I was reacting to; if they were banning non-branded King Blades I think that would be a weird and kind of crummy thing to do. Idols already bleed wota wallets dry in so many other ways.

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    asan said:

The panels:
    Only official Syachi lights from Smooch.

What makes you think King Blades are allowed?

• January 2015
    449 Reputation
    I think I explained myself pretty well in my above post. The only way we will know for certain is if someone takes a unmarked King Blade to a Stardust concert and gets kicked out or not, but as I said, I don't think that will happen and in any case, I personally would buy an official Syachi light regardless of whether it were a rule or not, so I don't really care.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    A会議室 第117回 unBORDE Xmas PARTY&2015年新春コメント(前編)

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Ore no Ebi Syachi Live(Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku, Team Syachihoko)
    Setlist
    http://momoiroclover.net/discussion/comment/14871#Comment_14871

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Angerme Talk and Handshake Event
    HMV Sakae

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    しゃちほこ 2015-01-18 {DCJ} COUNTDOWN JAPAN 1415

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Syachihoko [TV] Kanningu no DAI An Kichijitsu
    カンニングのDAI安吉日! 2015年1月21日 チームしゃちほこ ▽カンニング竹山 DAIGO

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Happy Birthday! Chiyu!

• eyelesseyeless

January 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Happy birthday Chiyu!

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Syachihoko [Event] Team Syachihoko Secret Live(Ito Chiyuri Birthday Event)
    ①Spirits & Syachi Cale 2015 presents Syachi ni Mu Chiyu Seitansai!!
    open 12:45 / start 13:30
    Setlist
    Debayashi
    01, Enjoy Jinsei
    02, colors
    MC
    03, Daisuki
    04, OEOEO
    05, Shampoo Hat
    06, 777
    07, Dakishimete Anthem
    08, Otome Juken Sensou
    09, The Stardust Bowling
    10, sweet memories

②Team Syachihoko Syachi Gari Dai Kanshasai~Karareta Mono Tachi wa Ima~
    open 17:45 / start 18:30
    Setlist
    Debayashi
    01, Ii Kurashi
    02, Enjoy Jinsei
    03, Dera Disco
    04, Watashi ga Center
    05, Sokosoko Premium
    06, Summer Lover
    07, Dakishimete Anthem
    08, Maji Kansha
    09, colors
    10, Koibito wa Sniper

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/136955
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    February 5
    Syachihoko [TV] Downtown DX
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/137052

• January 2015
    131 Reputation
    In koibito no sniper there are some references to 怪盗 (kaitou, phantom thieves), i.e. we won't lose to the thieves, etc.

Anyone else think this is a nod to momoclo?

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    The whole song is a friendly jab to Kaitou Shoujo, the song structure is exactly the same to that of Kaitou Shoujo. There's also the "aiming" thing with sniper and we have machine gun in momoclo, and then there is this choreography. It's almost like Syachihoko was originally started as a joke ;))
    Spoiler:

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    These two are the same melody line.
    Fujishita:I hit upon a good idea and gave Honoka it.

Kanako's self introduction
    Hachi Hachi Hachi Hachi Dekoppachi

Honoka's
    Ottori Toritori Honoka desu

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    A brief digression...

I apologize if this is the wrong section but I think I'm a fan of this group now. I was re-watching the Girl Factory Tenkasu Trio performance on youtube and one of their lives popped up. I didn't really know what to expect so I clicked one of them and well...they're actually good like really good. They harmonize really well (I'm BIG on harmonies) and do things I wish...Anyway, I thought Momoclo was enough 'idol' music for me but apparently not lol Chiyuri is my favorite by default but also because she has a wonderful voice. I got the impression with Tenkasu Trio song but wowwwwww.. If the live below is a proper representation of this group, they have great potential to be really good. Impressive. I will start following them now.

WOW at this - It literally has all all my favorite musical elements.

• January 2015
    449 Reputation
    Yay, one more on the Syachi train! They tend to be perceived as a knock-off Momoclo and that's why people don't seem to notice them, and while I can't say I blame them for that initial reaction, they're really a very different group.

colors was written for them by Koide Yuusuke of Base Ball Bear, so it's a bit unique in that regard. Their primary songwriter is Asano Takashi, who wrote all of their singles through Otome Juken Sensou and has at least one song on every single and album. If you want to get a better feel for their music overall, I'd recommend you watch one of their concerts all the way through. Their last concert release, Kamigami no Matsuri at Nippon Budokan, is where that video comes from and is where they first performed some of their album songs. You can't go wrong with any concert of theirs, though.

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

Yay, one more on the Syachi train! They tend to be perceived as a knock-off Momoclo and that's why people don't seem to notice them, and while I can't say I blame them for that initial reaction, they're really a very different group.

colors was written for them by Koide Yuusuke of Base Ball Bear, so it's a bit unique in that regard. Their primary songwriter is Asano Takashi, who wrote all of their singles through Otome Juken Sensou and has at least one song on every single and album. If you want to get a better feel for their music overall, I'd recommend you watch one of their concerts all the way through. Their last concert release, Kamigami no Matsuri at Nippon Budokan, is where that video comes from and is where they first performed some of their album songs. You can't go wrong with any concert of theirs, though.

Yeah. I was reading a review of their debut album and I learned they're really eccentric and like you said, "Colors" is unusual for them. I think what impressed me the most about them is that they all can hold their own vocally especially in this performance. They really can harmonize and their voices really compliment each other.

Believe me, I'll be taking those suggestions into full consideration. I've got a flexible few months before I'm really busy again.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be back as a proper consumer in a month or two lol