Sakazaki Kounosuke no Momoiro Folk Mura(坂崎幸之助のももいろフォーク村)
  • honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    Arin doing "Romantic Ageru yo"... I was pretty sure that was the "cover" song that was going to be included in the Z No Chikai single

They need to release a "Best of Momoiro folk mura" cd/bluray... maybe as a bonus disc on the (very distant ) future new MCZ cd

• InvaderInvader

May 2015
    1737 Reputation

I thought Akarin was the first to cut her hair short. Shiorin's was the summer after her graduation

Forgive me, sometimes I forget Akarin was part of the group :-S

• May 2015
    904 Reputation
    No problem! It's been 4 years already so some people forget or not aware

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

Forgive me, sometimes I forget Akarin was part of the group :-S

Lucky you. I cant :_(

Im one of those fans who every year still expect for her to make a surprise appareance onstage at Natsu No Baka Sawagi and do the Rap on "Orange Note"

• RevanRevan

May 2015
    230 Reputation
    i'm starting to feel it ..... a withdrawal symptoms .... i need my monthly fix of folkmura T_T .... DAKARA DAREKA LINK JODAIIIII ... OOOO..NEEE..GAAA...IIII
    XDDDD

• May 2015
    131 Reputation
    ^It's up on jpopsuki if you have an account. I'll actually take this opportunity to offer an invite to anyone who can prove their ratio on another tracker.

• RevanRevan

May 2015
    230 Reputation

^It's up on jpopsuki if you have an account. I'll actually take this opportunity to offer an invite to anyone who can prove their ratio on another tracker.

i'm afraid i don't have jpopsuki account , thanks for the offer eien san (although it's not just for me XD) but i'm afraid i'm not qualified for it :(, i got one slow net connection that can only goes as fast as 1mbps(night time) and 586bps(daytime) and i'm strugling to keep it alive XD, i'm not expecting HQ link just 480p or 720p is more than enough soo DAREKA LINKU ONEGAI DM or something similar XD

• May 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Encode is running so I'll up my usual mp4 to HO when I get up first thing in the morning :)
    Momoka's getting better and better. I got goosebumps listening to "Hanamizuki"
    Though nothing beats the duet of Yo Hitoto and Aya Matsuura singing it :)
    Spoiler:

• May 2015
    5201 Reputation
    01, Iku Haru Kuru Haru
    02, Ai desuka? / Shiori
    Spoiler:

04, Nagisa no La La La / Kanako
    Spoiler:

08, Midori no Machi ni Maiorite(Matsutoya Yumi) / Momoka
    Spoiler:

11, keep yourself alive(Kahara Tomomi) / Momoka with Komuro Tetsuya
    Spoiler:

09, Hanamizuki(Hitoto yo) / Kanako, Momoka and Reni
    Spoiler:

17, You Can't Hurry Love(Koi wa Aserazu) / Masu Zushi Sanninmae(Shiori, Momoka and Reni)
    Spoiler:

other
    Spoiler:

• RevanRevan

May 2015
    230 Reputation
    ^
    \(^▽^)/ thanks Momomofu san \(*´▽`)o

• May 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^First thank you Momomufu as always for providing the goods. I'm watching them all now so I'll be editing this post as I go (tomorrow morning).

Highlights
    Let's talk about that Supremes Cover or that cover of The Supremes' cover. First, I'm a proper Motown junkie. One of my heroes is Berry Gordy who of course revolutionized the music business (many labels have adopted his assembly line packaging maybe some foreign ones) Anyway, when Momomofu posted the set list and I saw "You can't hurry love", I was like no way lol. They wouldn't cover one of the greatest female groups of all time and my favorite Supreme song. Let me try to read it again when I've eaten breakfast. Then ten mins ago, I check it out and it wasn't bad.

Their cover was cute. Even though I'm assuming it's a cover of a Japanese cover, I smiled when both Shoiri and Momoka attempt to channel their inner Diana Ross. Shiori actually had the best effort. Diana sings in a higher key but Shiori came closest to attempting to match that. Their English wasn't too bad either. Overall, I give them an A for effort! I enjoyed it.

Now to my usual reflections lol...
    I really like the first song they did as a group( the second post - I'll have to check the original?). I really like when Shiori and Momoka harmonize together - they compliment each other. Shiori kinda stole the show as I expected lol Reni hit a note towards the end that was really nice.

Momoka - I don't think this was good as the last round (that Tegumi cover is still on my mind) but she impressed per usual. Of her performances this round, the best one was Midori no Machi ni Maiorite(though I'm with Matt-the original is quite incredible). Again, I wish she sang in this register all the time. She still struggles when she belts in a higher register (ex. the other performances) but once again this cover proves that she's at her belting best in her lower register. That note at the end of this cover was just amazing.

Keep yourself alive was good but it was not her best performance. I love her power, phrasing and vibrato but she's got work on belting in the high register. A lot of it was fine but at some points, she ran out of breath or it was off.

Kanako - Nagisa no La La La was my favorite thus far (pending seeing the others). She's starting to improve her head voice. She hit some really high notes and she harmonized really well too.

• May 2015
    38 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

when Momomofu posted the set list and I saw "You can't hurry love", I was like no way lol. They wouldn't cover one of the greatest female groups of all time and my favorite Supreme song. ...Their English wasn't too bad either. Overall, I give them an A for effort! I enjoyed it.

They actually first performed it a few years ago, much to my own surprise and enjoyment. Here is my post from October 2012: "...I watched the Momoclo All*Stars 2012 show yesterday, and was really surprised. I had no idea it was going to be mostly guest performers. I think there was too much talking and not enough music, but the performances were great.

I loved the fact that nearly all of the guests were older artists playing a variety of vintage music, and not a bunch of young trendy pop stars singing their latest hits. MomoClo did a great job with these older musicians, and they all seemed to be having a lot of fun. The highlight for me was the girls singing "You Can't Hurry Love" in English..."
    :)>-

• May 2015
    3398 Reputation

• May 2015
    77 Reputation

Bin82501 said:

when Momomofu posted the set list and I saw "You can't hurry love", I was like no way lol. They wouldn't cover one of the greatest female groups of all time and my favorite Supreme song. ...Their English wasn't too bad either. Overall, I give them an A for effort! I enjoyed it.

They actually first performed it a few years ago, much to my own surprise and enjoyment. Here is my post from October 2012: "...I watched the Momoclo All*Stars 2012 show yesterday, and was really surprised. I had no idea it was going to be mostly guest performers. I think there was too much talking and not enough music, but the performances were great.

I loved the fact that nearly all of the guests were older artists playing a variety of vintage music, and not a bunch of young trendy pop stars singing their latest hits. MomoClo did a great job with these older musicians, and they all seemed to be having a lot of fun. The highlight for me was the girls singing "You Can't Hurry Love" in English..."
    :)>-

Really? I'd like to see that clip. Yeah, their cover wasn't half bad especially their English. Again, I was pleasantly surprised which is why I really like this show and its format. There seems to always be surprises. Certain members will surprise you. The song selection will surprise you--I mean covering Simon and Garfunkel was amazing. Maybe Joni Mitchell next time?

• May 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Jeez. I totally overlooked that concert... There are a couple more songs not yet in the Momoclo Songs Database!

Made a quick edit. So here are the Momopremes :)
    With Momoka in early blackface. Lol

I left the ensuing English talk in there as well....
    Alexander Joanne????

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image

Oh, and this just made me laugh. From the same concert. Special guest Rino Sashihara's legs end up about the height of Momoka's navel =))
    Spoiler:

• RevanRevan

May 2015
    230 Reputation
    ^
    ah yes i remember the trio, Catherine, Marisa (which become Momosa when her make up half gone =)) ), and hmmm... was it Ms Shimamura XD, day 1 yokoarin right ? when Gobo got Momota stretch Mats =))

edit: just rewatch it it's actualy Alexander Joane , Melisa and Falseto? Shimamura XD

• May 2015
    904 Reputation
    I thought it was Fashion Center Sheemamura XDDDDD
    Reni definitely had a hard time remembering/making up her Mesasusshi name XD

• May 2015
    77 Reputation
    Not the Blackface though oy vey lol

The clothes eek lol

Thanks Matt....I cannot deal with Momosupremes lol

• RevanRevan

May 2015
    230 Reputation
    Abuneee (/。\) almost got green tint on my black color , Momoka Wink is Dangerous and she wink a LOT on you can't hurry love
    and Aa-chan and silk dress is a perfect match (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) , Shiori hair is ma ma, if her hair is long (like Rapunzel) now that is another story
    BTW that komuro guy pale as zombie, and who the heck is that girl in Blue ..... i prefer AKARIIIIIN,

so next folkmura is 150625 and will be Aa-chan N Reni Chan theme hmmm i thought it will be Reni chan only theme and hopping the guess will be full Alfee
    it's about time Sakurai perform with our girl stand next to Reni chan Right ?

• June 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Sakazaki Kounosuke no Momoiro Folk Mura #10
    01, CHE.R.RY(YUI) / A-rin and Reni
    02, Watashi no American Cherry / A-rin and Reni
    03, Wee-Tee-Wee-Tee / Momoclo with CHI-MEY
    04, Hikouki Gumo(Matsutoya Yumi) / Momoka
    05, Madogarasu no Henohenomoheji(Sasoriza) / Reni
    06, Song for U.S.A.(CHECKERS) / Kanako
    07, Shoujo A(Nakamori Akina) / A-rin and Momoka
    08, Rokugatsu no Komoriuta(wish) / Shiori, A-rin and Reni
    09, Tsugaru Hantou Tappizaki / Reni