Sakazaki Kounosuke no Momoiro Folk Mura(坂崎幸之助のももいろフォーク村)
  • July 2015
    77 Reputation

Btw interesting how different Momoka's renditions of "Nada Sousou" are.
    With Naotaro she basically powered it out while she was much more refined with Ryoko

I noticed that too. It's like not night and day. She's not bad but it was a very timid performance this round. You could barely hear her in the harmonized parts. She seemed to a bit nervous and almost intimidated by Moriyama Ryoko. Also, I just think she was a bit off this round in general--she almost missed her part in the English version of Z no Chikai. Kanako, on the other hand, impressed me with her performances especially her duet with the legend. She seemed confident and in control. I still need to check out the other performances but this seemed like a decent round.

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation
    What was Momokachan thinking? ... for a moment she lost herself. I can imagine the floor manager waving frantically "Momoka-san, its your turn to sing!!!"

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation

Perfection. She's too much for me lol.

Well, at least we know she is gonna still look gorgeous by the time she is in her late forties

• July 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Momoka was surprised by Moriyama Ryoko's ad lib.
    Momoka:It was completely different from the song which we sang in a rehearsal.

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation
    yeah.. i meant in "Z no chikai"... the camera focuses on her and she realizes its her turn to sing, a bit later

• July 2015
    163 Reputation

I hope they publish the English lyrics somewhere so that we can understand what they're singing :)

Zの誓い 英語ver.

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation
    More than the lyrics, i want this version to be available already.... MCZ spoiled me so much in the last months, a single in december, another in january, next one in february and the last in april.... i need my dose of momokuro now.

I wonder if they´ll premiere new songs in Tojjinsai like they did in last year´s Haru no ichidaiji with "Nantemo.." and i wonder if "Sweet 19 boogie" will be recorded in studio

When it comes to MCZ im just a spoiled brat: gimme gimme gimme!

• July 2015
    372 Reputation
    This episode was a gem. Moriyama Ryoko is amazing, Satokibi Batake was epic, and everyone rose to the occasion and sang it flawlessly. In fact they did well through the whole show.

Badalight said:

Jeez Momoka's voice is on point this time around... No matter who your oshi is, I don't think anyone can deny Momoka is the most talented singer among them by far.

Yes, that's why she's in Momoclo. She was a late addition, picked mainly because of her singing voice. But today she was even better than usual. She's obviously working hard on it, and she's almost at the point where she can be called a great singer.

• RevanRevan

July 2015
    230 Reputation
    ^
    actualy momoka added to Momoclo not just for her singing voice but also her dance, she is the gamechanger from 1 2 step wave dance to more complicated dance , akari says :), this was good folkmura episode but still folkmura with Moriyama Naotaro (Moriemon) is the best eps, btw Momoka singing Nagori yuki with Ise-san (Party at Odaiba, after Momoiro christmas 2013) that voice is already a Great singer voice, at least for me, reallllly loved that one

• July 2015
    372 Reputation
    Revan said:

^
    actualy momoka added to Momoclo not just for her singing voice but also her dance, she is the gamechanger from 1 2 step wave dance to more complicated dance , akari says :), this was good folkmura episode but still folkmura with Moriyama Naotaro (Moriemon) is the best eps, btw Momoka singing Nagori yuki with Ise-san (Party at Odaiba, after Momoiro christmas 2013) that voice is already a Great singer voice, at least for me, reallllly loved that one

Her voice is great. But great singers are great every time they step onto a stage, not just sometimes. That's the difference between great potential (which she has), and great accomplishment (which she's working on).

[edit] if you have a link to the Odaiba performance you mentioned, it would be greatly appreciated.

• July 2015
    372 Reputation
    Finally, I found something to bitch about...what's with the Simon and Garfunkel obsession? If you're gonna cover Americans, cover someone cool. You can cover Johnny Cash on a "folk" show, can't you? Or, if he's not folk enough, just go with Mr. Zimmerman.

• RevanRevan

July 2015
    230 Reputation
    True but 80% of her performance is always great ..... for me XD,
    here is the link Courtesy of Mattthecat (thx a lot matt :) )

http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=67591&next=1

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation

Finally, I found something to bitch about...what's with the Simon and Garfunkel obsession? If you're gonna cover Americans, cover someone cool. You can cover Johnny Cash on a "folk" show, can't you? Or, if he's not folk enough, just go with Mr. Zimmerman.

Second this, but it would be too bizarre to hear the girls sing "A boy named sue".
    I htink it has to do with the fact that S&G songs have easy melodies & lyrics. "Obla-di obla-da must be the worst Beatles song for the same reason..

• July 2015
    372 Reputation
    Revan said:

I like Momoka too, so there's really no disagreement here. And thank you for the link, I would've never found that show without you. I shall set out to watch it on the morrow.

• July 2015
    77 Reputation
    @stansfield123 made me laugh with the cool American singers lol I like Simon and Garfunkel. Classic group. Even so, Johnny or Bob would be nice tbf. I'd love to see somebody cover Don Mclean. He's definitely one of my fav folk singers.

Agree with your point on Momoka. She's got everything in locker to be great but like you said, she just lacks consistency and efficiency technically. She's got work on her breathing and stop putting a strain on her buts but she's starting to stop that. Thank God. Overall, I'm a massive fan of the texture of her voice. It's really nice especially when she uses that lower register. My favorite Momoka performances will always be Haru yo koi and My Revolution but I love how she's really showing her versatility. She pulled out some nice head notes last round.

• July 2015
    78 Reputation
    Momoka's second performance got removed :(

• July 2015
    220 Reputation

Revan said:

The Nagori Yuki performance used to be available on YouTube, but guess it got pulled down. She also did 22-Sai no Wakare. I extracted the audio for both of these, and have to say the Nagori Yuki is one of my favorites... If anyone wants audio only, its probably small enough to email.

• July 2015
    93 Reputation
    ^Nagori Yuki :)

• July 2015
    220 Reputation

^Nagori Yuki :)

Thanks. I never saw that version. I was thinking the Party in Odaiba, Momoka solo version.... I might have to merge the two together.

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation
    Ah, i need to find me a good way to rip the audio of these performances. Scrach that, most performances... Since there´s no sight of new MCZ music in the inmediate future, this will have to do to kept my thirst of MCZ for the time being