[Event]Momoiro Christmas 2014 Saitama Super Arena Taikai ~Shining Snow Story~
  • December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Spoiler:

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    dmk said:

Am I the only gaijin at saitama super arena? What limbs I wouldn't give for a ticket.......

I was there earlier but I left to check into my hotel

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    =))

• mocha21mocha21

December 2014
    380 Reputation

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

December 2014
    1470 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

I believe their trying to color them lol
    Spoiler:

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Setlist
    OP VTR
    01, PRIDE Theme
    02, Joukyu Monogatari
    03, Saraba Itoshiki Kanashimitachi yo
    04, Kuroi Shuumatsu
    05, Naichaisou Fuyu
    MC
    06, DNA Rhapsody
    07, Kasou Dystopia
    08, Shiroi Kaze
    09, Moretsu Uchu Kokyokyoku Dai Nana Gakusho 'Mugen no Ai'
    10, Doudou Heiwa Sengen
    11, My Dear Fellow
    12, Chai Maxx ZERO
    13, Santa San
    MC
    14, MOON PRIDE
    15, Konouta
    16, Stardust Serenade
    Ballroom Dance(Break time)
    17, CONTRADICTION
    18, Hitotsubu no Egao de...
    19, Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo
    20, Sora no Curtain
    Encore
    21, BIONIC CHERRY
    Recording(My Dear Fellow)
    22, Gekkou
    23, Bokura no Century
    24, Hashire!

• AzureusAzureus

December 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Their merchandise
    Skip to 0:20 each video

Outside and inside the the Saitama Super Arena

• InvaderInvader

December 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I miss the times when we'd get an Ustream of the event. Las year they showed us a lot but this year nothing (unless they do it for the second day)

The stage makes it look like Reni's magic show is going to be the theme for the event.

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo will sing My Dear Fellow at Kohaku.
    Naitemo???

• InvaderInvader

December 2014
    1737 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Momoclo will sing My Dear Fellow at Kohaku.
    Naitemo???

Personally, I hope it's not just My Dear Fellow I don't like it enough and at this point is starting to look like cashing in on Tanaka (specially if he's going to be at the event like they did before)

So I hope Naitemo is also included.

• December 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    I also hope for that.

• December 2014
    66 Reputation
    I will not refrain from adding my inevitable, shallow comments, based on the setlist alone, though sometime ago I wrote with a certain polemical tone just against such a conduct (ah! the consistency!).

I am extremely pleased with 「黒い週末」being established as a kind of "standard", as much as with the inclusion of「上球物語 -Carpe diem-」.
    Also 「月虹」as part of the "encore" is a very grateful surprise.

As for the rest I would not be too enthusiast, particularly for the insistence on "My Dear Fellow" which is almost astonishing, but over「泣いてもいいんだよ」I would choose anyway "Moon Pride" or maybe even the new unheard single! (Will they perform it tomorrow?)

This a bit of a joke, but perhaps I am influenced by my consideration for Iwasato Yuho (岩里祐穂) whom I know since long before MCZ.

• eyelesseyeless

December 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Please not my dear fellow again :(

If I have to choose momoclo's songs that I don't like, my dear fellow is on the top on that list

• December 2014
    644 Reputation
    Setlist could change between days. It's usually the case. Also, I dunno why everyone hates on My Dear Fellow. I like it. :D I was surprised they didn't do Naitemo but it is what it is. I can't complain because my seats were fantastic. I'm so enjoy. (As they say in Japan)

• mavmav

December 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^ agree with MCZTamanofu

Surprised that they went with My Dear Fellow instead of Naitemo, but meh.

Not the best song in their repertoire but I would actually consider it my favorite song from the Naitemo single (sorry, Naitemo's "Sori~ya" just gets on my nerves....)

I do rather dislike the fact that they have to tie-in the song with Tanaka so much, but maybe that's why they're singing it even though I don't think he's going to be a judge this time. It actually has some pretty inspirational lyrics which fits in nicely with Momoclo's image.

And I guess they think Moon Pride is too "anime-ish" to sing on Kohaku

That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if they sang both....if we look at their appearance for the last two years, it was always one "serious" song and one "inspirational" song. So maybe everyone can get their wishes ;))

• December 2014
    66 Reputation
    mav said:

And I guess they think Moon Pride is too "anime-ish" to sing on Kohaku

...And I guess this last, more elaborate version of your comment, can be substantially agreed upon.

Of course "they" (with or without their management) are perfectly entitled to consider a song more or less appropriate for any given context, and I have nothing to add.

Though it must be said that, objectively, numbers have been included in the programme (even last year) with very little intrinsical merit, except for their tie-in(s).
    I certainly would not be ashamed in presenting something like "Moon Pride" which, by the way, is clearly not my favourite song.
    (I have stated my preferences, mainly for NARASAKI compositions and arrangements, more than once).

• December 2014
    62 Reputation
    As far as I know, it is not entirely up to group management to decide what they will perform at Kouhaku. In general, NHK requires all artists to sing their bestseller songs from the ending year, hence Naitemo is on the list. I suspect they will be doing another Momoclo Kouhaku uta-da-ZE medley, so the Fellow thing goes into the second slot. I personally don't like this song. Sounds like a generic idol song to me, I probably wouldn't discern it from any AKB summer single. But well, it seems like they don't have any more superclassics from the past similar to Kaitou Shoujo and Hashire...

• asan

December 2014
    462 Reputation
    Many, if not most, regular Kouhaku invitees sing the same song every year...