[SINGLE] 9th Super Hero
  • October 2015
    469 Reputation
    ebizori said:

some is like Shampoo Hat's PV, some is like introvideo of One Man Concert Ebichu 2011.

idea of this PV is too simple for me, but I like this song so much, so it's not so important

The one where everybody has a plushie shrimp, and Aiai makes that awesome jumping-up-out-of-the-firepit entrance? That was exactly what I thought of!

Incidentally, I found the DVD of that concert at a Southern California Book-Off a while ago. I think there may be a relatively low-res version of it at H!O, but it doesn't look like anyone has posted the whole thing (two disks) in VOB form at JPS or H!O. I've been thinking of posting it -- I'll do another check, and it it's not on either tracker, I'll try to post it some time during the next week or so.

• ebizoriebizori

October 2015
    2293 Reputation
    Yes, "Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku 1st One-Man LIVE" in Shibuya O-East. I wanna watch it in HD

• October 2015
    487 Reputation
    I found myself addicted to the song...

• October 2015
    116 Reputation
    I like the concept of the PV and the way it looks, but it does seem pretty simple and for me lacks a little bit of something overall.

I'm really in love with the song though. Gives off a great feeling of sentimentality and alluding to something greater.

• InvaderInvader

October 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I think the PV greatest accomplishment is it's simplicity. It tells a journey of acceptance through friendship and that's a pretty universal topic.

I see this song/video as an opportunity for Ebichu to connect with new people. It doesn't have that idolish feel that puts a lot of people off, it's basically an anthemic rock ballad where the girls get to show some pretty great vocals (Hinata specially).

Now it all depends on how they promote it, I hope this song would get them into Kohaku since Mirei said that it's something she wanted.

• eyelesseyeless

October 2015
    2256 Reputation
    I agree with Invader, the PV is really good, they should do more drama PV since in average they can act.

And personally, I really like the song. Love the tempo change near the end. They always get the best songs imo.

Hinata don't have much line in this song, but the one on the bridge is executed really good, can't wait to hear it live.

• InvaderInvader

October 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I've just noticed the youtube description has a part in english! I think is the first time they've done this, I checked Natsu Daze Johnny didn't have it. Between making youtube videos available outside Japan and now adding english they sure want to try and be more appealing to international fans.

Here's what it says in case you don't want to go to Youtube to read it:

Shiritsu Ebisu Chugaku
    The King of Gakugeeekai (school arts festival)
    Formed in August 2009, the group members’ average age is just 16 years old. They are commonly called “Ebichu” for short. They debuted on May 5, 2012 with the concept to become the “king of school play”. Including their latest single “Natsudaze Jonny”, all their singles have hit the top 10 of the Oricon national chart.
    Their latest 2nd full album, “Kinpachi” achieved #2 in the Oricon weekly chart. From April 11, their first nationwide solo hall tour will begin, and they will also begin their first regular TV program with their name in the title, and other activities such as actresses in the movies and theaters, models in fashion magazines, they are definitely the rising star group promised to become the superstars!

• October 2015
    88 Reputation

I like the concept of the PV and the way it looks, but it does seem pretty simple and for me lacks a little bit of something overall.

I'm really in love with the song though. Gives off a great feeling of sentimentality and alluding to something greater.

Simple definitely but as you said alludes to something greater. For someone like me who had a pretty difficult school life and struggles now day to day with anxiety/depression/paranoia, it really hits home. Especially that shot at 1:43 where Rinanan looks distant and then immediately puts on a farce when her friend nudges her. It's a very clear message and an important one for young people struggling through life.

I know they're an idol group but they have a few songs that really have wonderful messages and inspire me a lot (I'm your MANAGER!!!, Te wo tsunagou, a few others). It's nice that they have some depth that they're not afraid to show.

• October 2015
    469 Reputation
    That's a realy good point, and I think the message shows up in large and small ways in a lot of the things they do. In Ebichu Global, I noticed that when they played competitive games, a lot of the time they seemd to care a lot less about winning or losing than they did about having fun together as a group. Like when they were doing tongue-twisters, and each girl who missed one had to go into the penalty area. It very quickly turned into "Yay! You're here now! PARTY IN THE PENALTY AREA!"
    Even little things like that put across a really, really good message.

• KohachiKohachi

October 2015
    21 Reputation
    I really loved Super Hero, While not so crazy as the other songs / videos. One reaches deep enough. Both the song and the video. I found it just beautiful in all its forms, the video is simple, but the message is clear, in these cases is what matters.

I loved the costume from Ayaka, my oshi returned me to win here.

• October 2015
    322 Reputation
    Love the song too. Different from normal Ebichu stuff, but I prefer these types of songs so it's all right with me lol.
    I also think the PV goes with the title of the song as well.
    Four of them were down in the dumps and struggling with whatever was going wrong in their days, lives, etc. and each one had that one person to pick them up and to keep going, e.g. their "super hero". I think it shows that everyone, no matter if you're a grocery store worker, street performer, idol, student, athlete, etc. in the end, everyone is human and have their bad days, and they just need that one "super hero" in their lives to make everything a little better.
    And of course, it also speaks to fans of idol groups in general. They are also like our own "super heroes" in a sense, they bring us smiles and hope in times of adversity for us, who seem so distant to them in reality. It just goes to show that the message goes great lengths.

• October 2015
    5201 Reputation
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/161903
    Limited editionA(CD)1,200yen
    M1, Super Hero
    M2, POMPARA PEKOLUNA PAPIYOTTA
    M3, Super Hero(Less Vocal)
    M4, POMPARA PEKOLUNA PAPIYOTTA(Less Vocal)

M2, POMPARA PEKOLUNA PAPIYOTTA
    Lyrics:Tanaka Naoki
    Music:Kanno Yoko
    Guitar:Imahori Tsuneo
    Base:Ken Ken(RIZE)
    Drums:Aoyama Hideki(BABYMETAL Kami Band)

• October 2015
    487 Reputation
    anyone can tell who is who? I can only see Kaho,AiAi,Rinnan,and Mayama

• October 2015
    5201 Reputation
    五五七二三二〇 2nd シングル『ポンパラ ペコルナ パピヨッタ』

ココナッツサブレ プロモーションビデオ|ココナッツサブレ/日清シスコ

Making Video
    http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/player/00100/v10657/v0993900000000547863/

五五七二三二〇(Go Go Nana Ni San Ni Rei)
    http://www.5572320.jp/

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/ebichu/superhero/

• iman775iman775

October 2015
    660 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

October 2015
    1737 Reputation
    That sure is an intense cookie commercial =)) I'm happy they give money to Ebichu so they can do stuff like this. I'll need to hear the song without all the visuals of the PV because I could only focus on that. It even reminded me to some Bjork music videos at times.

• mocha21mocha21

October 2015
    380 Reputation
    My, this is beyond words. Music is awesome, it's amazing they dragged Yoko Kanno into this lol
    I had to refrain myself from commenting the music video, I'm not drunk enough.

• ebizoriebizori

October 2015
    2293 Reputation

POMPARA PEKOLUNA PAPIYOTTA

• October 2015
    487 Reputation
    I'm too scared to sleep at night just after seeing that video.... NO MORE CRACKERS NONONONONONNONO

• eyelesseyeless

October 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Super Hero is really good, but what came up from them next nullified everything

This is beyond my expectatioin