DO MOMOIRO CLOVER Z GILRS HAVE A BOYFRIEND?
  • MM305

March 2017
    643 Reputation

There are quite a few idol groups who don't really have great dance routines
    Momoclo still do the whole idol route: Singing, dancing, acting, variety, even a bit of photo sessions on Hustle Press
    They have the color scheme and the roleplaying.
    And they're there to entertain and make you smile. That's the core of being an idol

The thing that still differentiates them the most is the fact that they don't cater to the erotic appeal.
    Which is certainly an important difference

Momoclo don't have any of that. If anything, they're less gimmicky and niche than even modern western pop stars. They're like a 70s, 80s or 90s all female pop act, aimed at the widest possible audience (both genders, and all ages).

While they may not be consider "traditional" idols, they present what you can (kind've) expect from a Jpop idol group compared to the other female Japanese acts that I knew before them. Most of the problems/faults that Ihave infamously mentioned here are something that you can see other idol groups doing (to a certain extent) and are different/unusual to the Western female pop acts and fans. And if I or anyone else from the West were turned off by those faults from a "non traditional" Jpop idol group, Lord knows how they will feel to AKB and Momusu!

I mean this dating rule is a delicate situation because it can really damage their image (even more so to the Western audinece who were already turned off by them).

• March 2017
    309 Reputation
    i would be surprised if none of the girls had been in some sort of relationship since the beginning of the group even if it was something small. I am sure some fans would be upset if one of the girls was in a relationship, but i don't think it would be crippling to the group

• jucat

March 2017
    52 Reputation

Subs:
    Q: A secret that only Fuyumisan knows about momokuro?
    Fuyumi: i ask her: I think Momoka thinned last year
    maybe are you in love?
    Momoka: Please, do not ask me that thing in front of the manager
    Fuyumi: Kawaii... I thought, it´s for Forbidden romance rule.

• March 2017
    243 Reputation
    I sure hope they have (had) boyfriends, just that it has been hidden well by the girls and their management. I think it's absolutely not right to deny someone the right to fall in love with someone. In my opinion, the 'no-dating rule' is something the world can really do without.

• March 2017
    96 Reputation

As for the color scheme, that's from a TV show (Gorenjai).

Gorenjaa (no "i"), or GoRanger. I love the Super Sentai Series. ;)

• March 2017
    446 Reputation

As for the color scheme, that's from a TV show (Gorenjai).

Gorenjaa (no "i"), or GoRanger. I love the Super Sentai Series. ;)

Oh, OK. I just knew it from the Downtown skits (they say Gorenjai). Any idea what the difference is? I'm sure it's some kind of wordplay.

• March 2017
    96 Reputation

Oh, OK. I just knew it from the Downtown skits (they say Gorenjai). Any idea what the difference is? I'm sure it's some kind of wordplay.

Well, Gorenjaa means 5 Rangers (go ranger). The Super Sentai Series is a yearly show that has been airing in Japan since the 70s. Every year is a new team, and Gorenjaa was the first. It's the show that was localized to become the Power Rangers series in the USA.

As for Gorenjai, I'm sure it's as you said and it's wordplay, but I don't know the meaning. Which Downtown skits are you referencing? I've never seen them but am interested.

• March 2017
    446 Reputation

As for Gorenjai, I'm sure it's as you said and it's wordplay, but I don't know the meaning. Which Downtown skits are you referencing? I've never seen them but am interested.

This is the first one. There's a bunch of them, and they get funnier and funnier:

• March 2017
    96 Reputation
    Thanks for sharing! Well according to Wikipedia, it was just a minor change of the last character to avoid copyright issues. It's clearly a spoof of GoRanger, for sure. Here's the link to the info:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_no_Gottsu_Ee_Kanji

• March 2017
    79 Reputation
    I wouldn't be surprised if Momoka had one. IIRC she was the only one that dodged the question on Tsurube, and then there's that video above ^

But who knows really.

• OM617OM617

March 2017
    176 Reputation
    I'm sure they have had romantic interests and "casual encounters". They are human.
    Their private life is their own and we must respect that. If they want to announce something, they will.

One of the main reasons I like MCZ, Team Syachihoko, Death Rabbits, BABYMETAL and miwa is the fact they DON'T do "erotic photobooks and DVDs" like conventional idols and pop stars. They don't need to!
    I used to like Ladybaby, but after LADYBEARD left they went straight back to that standard "erotic" pop idol formula.

• January 2018
    12 Reputation
    I don’t know why I’d be secretly pleasant if they had boyfriend lol
    I’d just fangirl about them a lot.
    But I respect their desicion and all I wish is their happiness.

• January 2018
    12 Reputation
    Oh and I’m agree with some male (childish behaviour in my opinion) would be gutted.

• January 2018
    12 Reputation
    OM617 said:

I'm sure they have had romantic interests and "casual encounters". They are human.
    Their private life is their own and we must respect that. If they want to announce something, they will.

One of the main reasons I like MCZ, Team Syachihoko, Death Rabbits, BABYMETAL and miwa is the fact they DON'T do "erotic photobooks and DVDs" like conventional idols and pop stars. They don't need to!
    I used to like Ladybaby, but after LADYBEARD left they went straight back to that standard "erotic" pop idol formula.

What do you mean with “casual encounters”?
    Just curious

• January 2018
    925 Reputation
    Think of how you can bump into/pass by a guy/girl and you think that person is cute/pretty/handsome. Something small and short-term. Happens a lot for some people. Reni sometimes jokes about it and even said one time on a show (I forgot the name) "I might be a boy because I become flustered when I see a cute girl" or something along the lines of that.