3594 Reputation

image image image image

• ebizoriebizori

July 29
    2421 Reputation

• Ozi

July 30
    23 Reputation
    I saw some clips on YouTube, and how I regret not being in Japan, It looked like it would of been fun for any fan!

• Ozi

July 30
    23 Reputation
    I definitely want to see more, thanks for all the links!

• July 30
    5399 Reputation
    Naitemo Iindayo(Syachi demo Iindayo)

1:29~

(lyrics)
    Why won't you come our live events even though you love us?
    You can come Syachi at any time.

(Syachi's audience is falling off these days. It is self-deprecatory joke.)

Syachi won the Kanako Prize.
    Shiori:The reproducibility of Syachi was so good. But, they rewrote most of lyrics, and I had no idea what just went on.
    Kanako:Honoka chan was advertising Syachi instead of singing.

• July 30
    5399 Reputation
    August 12
    [nico] Natsu S Kanzen Ban
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv314702550
    open 15:50 start 16:00

• ebizoriebizori

July 30
    2421 Reputation

• July 30
    317 Reputation
    I thought Syachi's singles were selling pretty well. Are they doing well commercially, but not in live concerts?

• July 30
    5399 Reputation

Are they doing well commercially, but not in live concerts?

If Syachi is not doing well commercially, Tako, Bassho, Tokisen... will probably disbanded.
    Syachi's aim is Nagoya Dome live and they need many fans in order to their aim.

• July 30
    3594 Reputation
    Chiyu acknowledged the empty seats at their concerts in a tweet not that long ago I believe
    Nagoya Dome was quite a goal though. I always wondered if Hasegawa's departure was a consequence of all of this
    Their appearance here was finally one of those loud and straightforward acts that endeard me to them in the beginning
    So I'm happy that it was acknowledged by a lot of people including Momoclo
    They were way too tame lately. Keep the noisiness up, girls! :-)

• July 30
    445 Reputation

Chiyu acknowledged the empty seats at their concerts in a tweet not that long ago I believe
    Nagoya Dome was quite a goal though. I always wondered if Hasegawa's departure was a consequence of all of this
    Their appearance here was finally one of those loud and straightforward acts that endeard me to them in the beginning
    So I'm happy that it was acknowledged by a lot of people including Momoclo
    They were way too tame lately. Keep the noisiness up, girls! :-)

They need a song which could promote them. Like Momoclo's Ikuze!Kaito Shoujo.

• July 30
    317 Reputation
    I'm sad to hear they're not doing well. Although I don't really follow any other Stardust group except for Momoclo, Syachihoko has always been the group I liked the most out of the others. Many of the Japanese Momoclo fans I've met say they don't really listen to other Stardust groups. I wonder why none of the others ever broke through like Momoclo did.

• Ozi

July 31
    23 Reputation

I'm sad to hear they're not doing well. Although I don't really follow any other Stardust group except for Momoclo, Syachihoko has always been the group I liked the most out of the others. Many of the Japanese Momoclo fans I've met say they don't really listen to other Stardust groups. I wonder why none of the others ever broke through like Momoclo did.

I think about this all the time, but if I were to guess it’s that people don’t want another group to surpass their favorite, at least if you look at it like a sport. Personally though I would hope another group explode like momoclo did even if it’s not one of my favorites.

• ebizoriebizori

July 31
    2421 Reputation

I wonder why none of the others ever broke through like Momoclo did.

I will even say that not only Stardust's groups have'nt a big breakthrough. Since 2013 only Nogizaka46 and Keiyakizaka46 have been truly breakthrough successful projects among idols

• ebizoriebizori

July 31
    2421 Reputation
    And BABYMETAL else, OK

• ebizoriebizori

July 31
    2421 Reputation
    NIKKEI's ratings of popularity of women's groups in Japan 2016 and 2017 (in 2018 for some reason did not represent)

There were Momoclo and Ebichu in TOP15, but no other Stardust's groups

• ebizoriebizori

July 31
    2421 Reputation
    In 2015 Shachi was in 16th place

• July 31
    3594 Reputation
    I think it's fair to say that the big idol mania is over
    If you have idol groups on TV these days it's mainly 48G, Momoclo and Momusu
    With an occasional BiSH thrown in :)

And Momoclo became a factor at exactly the right moment in time to become the mega success story

I don't know if Stardust is well guarded for the past-Momoclo era
    Yasushi Akimoto is doing an excellent job keeping his groups in the public eye in all media available
    Stardust on the other hand seems to rely on Momoclo's loyal fanbase alone...

We know that they don't do magazines.

Momoclo's TV shows are well... repetitive and not really inspired (Momoclo-Chan a shadow of its former self)
    Ebichu has lost its only one. Syachi and the other ones are local affairs

As for web shows Musee Momoclo is interesting but not for a wider audience
    Ebichu's showroom is once a month and boring. Syachi's yt channel was put on hiatus which is embarrassing

There are some radio shows but that's peanuts compared to other agencies.

Compare all that to the amount of exposure for 48G...
    (and some of their TV shows seem to be a lot of fun)

But then this is someone from the outside looking in
    No idea if I'm right with my assessments

• July 31
    389 Reputation
    I think Ebichu can stand on its own as a musical act (music, music videos and live performances), as long as they maintain the current level of quality. Anything else helps spread the word, but it's not fundamental to their success.

As for Momoclo, they don't promote like the AKB groups, but they would fail miserably if they tried to. That's not who they are, and it's not who their fans are. They are expanding into acting, TV appearances, Reni's doing comedy, etc. More towards tarento activities than idol stuff...which could help keep them together for however long they wish to stay together.

As for Shachi members and members of other groups, working for Stardust is a little different from a regular idol agency: just because your group isn't successful (or you're getting too close to age 20) doesn't mean you're unemployed and have to start looking for an entry level position at the local supermarket. If you have some talent and a good reputation within the agency, there are other ways to be a Stardust represented performer, besides being in an idol group.

In other words, Stardust isn't just invested in the groups' success, they're also invested in the development of the individual talent within those groups. If one girl becomes an accomplished singer or actress, but the group fails, that's fine too.

• July 31
    3594 Reputation
    True to a degree but that wasn't the question :)
    The issue was why no group achieved their success

Is Ebichu really that stable and successful?
    And so Reni is doing a bit of comedy. Shiorin a bit of acting, Ahrin a bit of this and that
    The only I can see staying in showbiz is Kanako to be honest.

And not being an AKB style idol doesn't mean you have to have boring webshows or little TV presence
    Why be an idol then at all?

And I don't think anyone will disagree that there has been a LOT more activity on a variety of fields from Stardust units in the past
    Which is mirrored by the decline in participation on this forum as well which used to be a lot more active

And whether Stardust will actually care for past idols is another matter
    There is no proof for that yet
    Yuzu Ando has vanished. Aiai and Momoka have left the agency right after their graduations
    Probably all on their own will. Still makes you wonder though
    I can only see the somtimes sad fates of former H!P idols
    Quite a few go TV variety hopping for a while until they fade away into obscurity.
    And how many Stardust members are there that really could make it on their own considering the competition?

And Stardust will keep it up as long as there is enough revenue
    If "Section 3" doesn't deliver anymore it will be history
    And right now that solely depends on Momoclo's success I think

I really don't want to sound bleak but I am a bit worried what will happen in the future