Where/how and when did you discover momoclo?
  • June 2012
    10 Reputation
    I discovered momoclo because of my perv cousin watching yosuga no sora, /grrr

and when I heard Pinky Jones, I can't get it of my mind /please /jump /love

it was 11th of January 2011 /love2

• kei_86

June 2012
    10 Reputation
    Got to know them through Tokyo Idol Festival 2010. It was Co-co Natsu era I guess because I can still remember them wearing that costume in the PV.

edit : oh wait, come to think of it I got to know them during Kaitou Shoujo because they appeared on Nabeacchi with Idoling to promote TIF2010 wearing Kaitou Shoujo's costume.

• June 2012
    10 Reputation
    I wish, I had known them sooner.. /cry

cuz I start to like akari when she's going to leave already

• eyelesseyeless

June 2012
    2256 Reputation
    Exactly this performance on Music Japan 2012.05.30 2010.05.30

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdkuru ... yyyy_music

My face would be like this

But only a casual fan (which means I follow but I don't buy any or their releases yet) just until recently I saw their Saitama Super Arena concert.

• untaloeuntaloe

June 2012
    23 Reputation
    me?? ^ same like eyeless /walk

• June 2012
    66 Reputation
    I discovered Momoclo on a French TV channel called "Nolife", which broadcasts J-Music. I started to like them when I saw "Z densetsu ~Owari naki kakumei~", and moreover it was subtitled, so I immediately understood their spirit! But I definitely fell in love with them when I discovered "D' no junjou".
    It was on the beginning of 2012, I think. I'm so lucky to have been brought to know them ♥

• June 2012
    65 Reputation
    I was watching Perfume videos on YouTube when "Pinky Jones" showed up as a "featured video." I clicked it and liked the song but thought to myself, "Eh, it's idol music, who cares." I still had the song in my head a week later but I couldn't find the video.

A few weeks after that "Mugen no ai" came out and I watched it because I have always been a Megadeth fan, especially when Marty Friedman was in the band. I loved it. Then I realized they were the same girls from "Pinky Jones." I've been mononofu ever since.

• eyelesseyeless

June 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    I'm also Megadeth fan when Marty Friedman there. Holy Wars, Hangar 18 are epic songs. Really nice to meet you here mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

• dashuudashuu

July 2012
    10 Reputation
    1 Day before their Japan Arts Media Festival in Dortmund/ Germany on 9th September 2011, I found out that a jpop girlgroup was performing very close to my hometown, so I checked them out, studied them for 1 day the best I could, went to their gig the next day, was super excited to stand in the first row, right in the middle and enjoyed the heck out of their performances. of course I got enchanted. I know I was very lucky to get introduced to them like that, and I´m sure there are jealous fans out there, but I have to say, that I wished I had known them before, it wouldve been even more amazing to see them at that point. Also I never saw a jpop girlband before and I was wishing for it for such a long time. the day I saw momoclo changed something in my life, it was the best day 2011 for me.

• eyelesseyeless

July 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Wow, that's an awesome discovery /nyahaha

Please introduce yourself here

• asan

July 2012
    462 Reputation
    How did you hear they were coming if you weren't following them already? Any particular news source?

• July 2012
    14 Reputation
    I heard about them when they first were getting attention as a new idol group (back in late 2010?). Didn't pay much attention tbh (i was deep into akb48).. liked Akarin though. Few months later found out that Akarin was leaving, which caught my attention, and I love her career now (i'm a sucker for models lol). I really liked her, but even more outside MC tbh.

Didn't really give their music a chance until Roudou Sanka, which pleasantly surprised me. But I wasn't that hooked yet, until stuff happened which made me take a break from the idol scene. One day I randomly clicked up some MomocloZ stuff that a friend kept sending me, Mugen no Ai really impressed me, i've never seen an idol song of this scale. Then to my not-so-surprise, Marty Friedman was involved (but really, he's been pimping MCZ for a while now) which added more to the appeal.

And now again, I read that Etsuko from the brilliant soutaisei riron was involved in a MCZ song, i was like.. "THIS I GOTTA SEE", and glad to say, i was again thrown off my seat, no idol song is this uniquely constructed, very very forward imo. But it's the girls that really got me in the end. Momoka and Kanako really are very powerful performers, and that sealed the deal for me after seeing some live DVD's. Been playing catch-up ever since last month, and im learning a lot about momoclo (and kanakooooo!!) /love

Also helped that a friend of mine, who sadly gave up on supporting MCZ, gave his singles/dvds to me and that pretty much gave me fuel to support them more. lol, long post.

• eyelesseyeless

July 2012
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Introduce me to you gave up friend /nyahaha

I wanna have his momoclo's stuffs as well /jump

• July 2012
    10 Reputation
    Hey, it been 1 month 9 days since I joined here and I wish I was able to get on here more but I had finals and so many HW from summer school

Anyways, how I found out about MCZ was through an TV where the Mayuyu Fan Comedian Yamasato Ryota was talking about his new favorite idol group back in 2009 so I checked MCZ out and got hooked to them even since

• August 2012
    10 Reputation
    I was otaku of H!P, especially Berryz Kobo from 2008.
    I watched their live DVD and go their live once.
    It was good. It was not bad really. But one info become conspicuous.

「ももクロが凄い」 Momoclo is great.

Nearly S/mileage performe together with Momoclo.
    S/mileage fans feel so.
    I knew the name of Momoclo.

One day, I watched the movie on YT.

Momoka's reaction is great!!

and watch these movies on YT too.

then, I had searched info of Momoclo, but Akarin already not in Momoclo.

• October 2012
    38 Reputation
    In early 2012 I became interested in the atmospheric style of Japanese horror films. I started watching films like Ringu, Dark Water, Ju-On, and others, including Shirome. I knew nothing about idol groups, and thought Momoiro Clover was a bubblegum pop group that probably had an audience made up of pre-teen girls.

I thought the girls were cute (except when they cried loudly, which was very annoying), and the movie was interesting but nothing great. I would have never given them another thought if they hadn't included the performance of Zenryoku Shoujo. I really liked the song, and the performance blew me away, the way the girls traded vocals throughout the song. I had never seen an audience like this either, waving light sticks and shouting and chanting back to the stage. (I didn't know at the time that they were shouting the girls' names.)

That one song was all it took. I was hooked, and I've been a fan ever since. There was some confusion at first, since I don't know Japanese. I didn't know that Momoiro Clover, Momoiro Clover Z, and MomoClo were all names of the same group, and it took me a while to learn to pronounce each girl's name and figure out who was who. I liked Reni at first, for her beautiful face and wild dancing, but I just called her Purple until I learned her actual name.

So, I've been a MomoClo fan for only about 7 months. I can't afford to buy any product, but I have a growing collection of video and audio files taking up more and more space on my computer. I think the music is great and the girls are a lot of fun, and I hope they continue for a long time. /love2

• zen

November 2012
    10 Reputation
    actually im a fan since momoiro is created because of miyu and yukina(yup im a negima LA fan) when miyu and yukina graduate i almost stop being their fan but momoka joined and i realize
    that she's sakina(Eva actress at negima)former groupmate and came
    to like her cause she's small and cute like sakina to be honest i only
    like momoka at first but now i also like the others /walk

• Lak

February 2013
    122 Reputation
    I found them on YouTube sometime in November of 2012. I was randomly checking out videos from Japan and came across one of their concerts. They were performing Contradiction at Yomiuri Land East on August 20, 2011. I recently just ordered the DVD of this concert /walk I was amazed at the energy and interaction they had with the fans. Even though I don't speak or understand Japanese, I still watch their videos and and try to get an idea of what is going on or being said. I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own to better understand whats happening in the videos. I was drawn to Kanako's charismatic personality and at first, she was my favorite member. But the more I saw of momoclo, the more I started to like Momoka /love I still really like Kanako but Momoka took over the #1 spot for me lol

• xbot

March 2013
    11 Reputation
    I follow hexie0000001's Oricon Weekly Chart video clips on youtube

and started getting hooked on the awesomeness that is MomoClo from seing the Saraba MV there. Then I started hunting down every video I can find of them even from 2008 up to now. Then started ordering stuff from Yesasia. To be honest, accept for Hexie's weekly update, I don't really listen J-pop (used to love Utada Hikaru & Kimura Kaela though) that much but MCZ is a totally fresh experience. Which other girl band have songs you can headbang to? And how epic is their history & each members characters'?

• March 2013
    904 Reputation
    I basically discovered MomoClo during the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon when they announced the new anime. Their performance wasn't that great during that considering it was at a convention where they probably had a performance before the announcement. Moonlight Densetsu didn't work out for them so i didn't give them a chance. I then found "Mite Mite Kocchicchi" when a little girl was dancing to it as well as being the ending of Pokemon. I did some research, watched a prank show they were on, saw Otome Sensou and got hooked. This has lasted since... October? So a fan for about six months. But i managed to get to know more about them and actually cried when i saw Akarin's graduation concert ( ; ; )

• Dreamer

March 2013
    10 Reputation
    I knew momoclo because of their song Saraba Itoshiki which I heard on a bus.
    I cannot got it off my mind and search in google "sekai wa mada hajimatta bakari da" and finally saw the PV which suits my wants.

then I found out that they made a horror film, Shirome

and made my way to became a fan /cool