General Discussion
  • October 2014
    644 Reputation
    I had a terrible seat for the LV, First row, last seat on the right, but I still enjoyed it. The MCs and LV only talk were pretty funny.

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation

• October 2014
    262 Reputation

Just came across this randomly on youtube. Was this ever officially released on anything? I wouldn't mind having a good version of this, it's really fun.

Shiori's version of Momoka's speech impediment and Reni constantly forgetting to sing Kanako's lines are cracking me up.

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

October 2014
    1737 Reputation
    You guys gave me a heart attack because I thought there was a Ustream for Chibikko Matsuri. Which made me realize the girls have been doing a ton of stuff but we're not getting any.

I guess there'll be a point when we start getting all the festivals an such at once :))

• October 2014
    262 Reputation
    mav said:

oh, that's much better quality, thanks. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to save stuff from ustream when I get home.

• eyelesseyeless

October 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Vamps Halloween Party news

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    What is the theme of these costumes?
    Kanako:The theme is Snow White and seven dwarfs.

What do you think about the Snow White's costume?
    Kanako:I feel on top of the world.

Shiori:Our leader was absorbed in creating the role of Snow White since yesterday.
    A-rin:She had gnawed the apple this morning.

Kanako:Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the loveliest lady of all? (Snow White! Snow White!)。
    S...Snow White

Kanako:What an amazing day today is.
    You will probably be able to see my special performance.

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    October 25
    UST
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/momoclotv
    22:00~

Chibikko Matsuri?

• AzureusAzureus

October 2014
    1470 Reputation

• October 2014
    262 Reputation
    mav said:

Japan's new cabinet has been dubbed the "Momoclo cabinet"

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/society/news/2014/09/04/kiji/K20140904008866890.html

Quote from the news statement:

"Just as Momoclo are always giving their best in dancing and singing, we hope to give our best and be active in a positive direction"

From what I can tell, the relation to Momoclo is mostly because their are going to be 5 female members in the cabinet

The Prime Minister has also invited them to a Cherry Blossom viewing event before.

So this is already not working out very well... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29687472

• Maka

October 2014
    30 Reputation
    Luckily, Momoclo and their management never respond to the cabinet creation news at all.
    A lot of people probably thought the Momoclo name was tacked on the news just to make the headlines looks sensational and ignore it....
    Hopefully this corruption news wont affect the girls at all.

But shame on that minister, so much for "giving their best"....

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    目薬いろいろ大会議 最終話

• October 2014
    904 Reputation
    lol that Kawakami-san XD

• October 2014
    3398 Reputation
    Maka said:

Luckily, Momoclo and their management never respond to the cabinet creation news at all.
    A lot of people probably thought the Momoclo name was tacked on the news just to make the headlines looks sensational and ignore it....
    Hopefully this corruption news wont affect the girls at all.

But shame on that minister, so much for "giving their best"....

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion but I think Japanese politics is highly corrupt and the unholy affiiliations with industry disgraceful (need I say Tepco?)
    And although I'm sure these two ministers had done something wrong I wouldn't put it past the male parts of the Japanese elite to have targeted them specifically as women in high places will be more than a sore eye to them in a still very male oriented system.

I doubt though that this will have any consequence for our girls whatsoever and management is indeed very wise to stay out of it.
    I do think so however that idols these days should become more politically and socially involved. THAT would be becoming a role model... :)

• InvaderInvader

October 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ Now that you mentioned it, the other day I wondered why idols don't do charity stuff. At least as far as I know they don't really associate with or promote anything like that. Not even something everyone would agree on, like helping old people.

But I understand maybe in a way since idols sell happiness they don't want to be close to "sad" things. Even if it would bring happiness to some people, with something like the make a wish foundation.

• asan

October 2014
    462 Reputation
    No idea how common charity as in giving and charity as in working for free are in Japan. But MomoClo did various things with Onagawa Saigai FM.

• mocha21mocha21

October 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^tell us more! also in the QJ special issue they're mentioning about a charity event with auctioning autographed traffic cane sets (yea that's somewhat random) at yahoo auction

• October 2014
    62 Reputation
    I daresay that the reputation of idol-managing jimusho in Japan is not better, if not even worse, than the one of a typical Japanese politician. But it's definitely good that Momoclo management did not associate in any any way with this Momoclo-naikaku idea. It turned out to be total mess. Two ministers are out already, and the remaining three went to the Yasukuni shrine last week, so the opposition will try to push on them as well. Although there are total nobodies in the opposition now...

• October 2014
    262 Reputation
    kaminari said:

the remaining three went to the Yasukuni shrine last week,

hahah it's really a banner year for embarrassing activities in Japanese politics, isn't it?