General Discussion
  • mocha21mocha21

October 2014
    380 Reputation
    I always love the regular cover of Mouretsu, it perfectly represents the space opera theme, and Renichan's half transparent face just screams how weirdly amazing she is.

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation
    For me it's a tossup between their 5th Dimension regular version cover

Or their Moretsu (Emperor style) cover

• zombrex

October 2014
    42 Reputation
    +1 vote for
    Have the poster on my wall and its awesome.

I also quite like the All Stars Allbum cover even though its basic.

• InvaderInvader

October 2014
    1737 Reputation
    From 5th dimension this was my favorite:

Good to see the 5th Dimension covers, I guess we can all agree that the artwork/theme for it was impeccable ;) . It made me think even more about their next album and what they might have in store for us. I hope they don't make us wait a lot.

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^ I'm hoping that we 'll have one more single this year, which would put the timeline for a new album at around 2015 Spring.

• October 2014
    262 Reputation
    Yeah, if they don't have one out by summer 2015, I'd be surprised. 2 years with only 3 singles in between is pretty sparse for a pop/idol group.

• mocha21mocha21

October 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^Agreed, but those two 2013 albums were recordbreaking, also last year's christmas single was pretty successful in the 2nd place. maybe they're satisfied with that?
    also any news about 2014 Kohaku? I think if they're aiming for this year they should do a new single since Moon Pride was disappointing in sales

• October 2014
    262 Reputation
    Moon Pride was disappointing in multiple ways. Guess that's what I get for hoping for Moretsu part 2. But I'm also a weirdo who tends to prefer their B-sides and album tracks.

Anyway, yes, I'd really like a new album.

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^I actually quite like Moon Pride as a song in itself, but you're right with the disappointing part.

I consider Revo to be the best Japanese songwriter and producer for at least the past 10 years, so I was expecting it to be mind-blowing. Instead it's just a very solid song.

I guess that's what happens when you try to mix "Momoclo sound" "Revo sound" and "Sailor Moon sound" all in one.....it turns out to be jack of all trades and master of none.

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Kanako's graffiti
    Dango :P
    Spoiler:

• OM617OM617

October 2014
    176 Reputation
    Mine has to be Mōretsu Uchū Kōkyōkyoku Dai 7 Gakushō "Mugen no Ai"

Spoiler:
    imageimage

However, I have to say the Limited edition version of GOUNN is fantastic for its multi-layer cover. I usually buy the regular edition for the extra song, but that cover was so cool I couldn't pass it up.

• OM617OM617

October 2014
    176 Reputation
    Oh, while we are praising 5th Dimension, how is the "Ø" in BIRTH Ø BIRTH read?

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation
    OM617 said:

Oh, while we are praising 5th Dimension, how is the "Ø" in BIRTH Ø BIRTH read?

I believe the Japanese pronounce it "o" or "oh"

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    イチオシ!あーりんやす

• mocha21mocha21

October 2014
    380 Reputation
    ^great it's removed, I'm late again, Ahrinyasu appearance is a rare thing on tv isn't it

About the dango thing, is the food considered as a signature food for Momoka just like puff cream for Sasaki? I heard that the members constantly made fun of "Dango no nioi" (smells like dango) after the momoka line "Kanro no nioi" (smells like nectar) in gounn, how did it happen actually?

• AzureusAzureus

October 2014
    1470 Reputation
    momomofu said:

イチオシ!あーりんやす

Ahrin and Momoka

• mavmav

October 2014
    171 Reputation
    mocha21 said:

About the dango thing, is the food considered as a signature food for Momoka just like puff cream for Sasaki? I heard that the members constantly made fun of "Dango no nioi" (smells like dango) after the momoka line "Kanro no nioi" (smells like nectar) in gounn, how did it happen actually?

Originally it came from an episode of "食わず嫌い王" when the host made fun of Momoka's rather round face and gave her the "dango" nickname. Arin actually also had a nickname given to her "kakuni"(simmered pork) but only the dango one carried on.

As for "Kanro no nioi", the members already made fun of her emphatic way of singing the line during one of the GOUNN tour MC's.

Then during Momokuri 2013, in one of their MC segments they decided to combine the two to make "Dango no nioi"

I don't think there's any deep story, it's just the girls doing what they do best- being wacky and random

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    UST? 11:00~?

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation

• October 2014
    5201 Reputation
    [Event] TV Asahi Dream Festival 2014
    Setlist
    01, Kasou Dystopia
    02, CONTRADICTION
    03, Otome Sensou