General Discussion
  • MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    I wouldn't even mind paying our English train fares, the highest in Europe and about the same as a shikansen, for this train journey. Very lucky passengers. Don't you hate it when stuff is wasted on people who won't appreciate it? :p

On an unrelated note, when you wake up feeling strange and trying to forget the night before, momoclo saves the day. :) Thank you so much. ^:)^

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation
    Most of the old railfans are like "Who the frk are these kids?"

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Some of these people don't know how lucky they are. They ride, they sing, and they sit next to you. You don't get this treatment even of you pay lots of money to get front row seats at their concerts.

Edited:

• erimeaerimea

March 2014
    74 Reputation
    ugh~! it pains me to see the passengers sitting next to them T^T THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW FORTUNATE THEY ARE!!!!

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Wajima Shinji will release the guitar manual for beginners.
    It seems that he explains how to play the "Kuroi Shuumatsu".
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/111614
    Spoiler:

• March 2014
    65 Reputation
    Well, I guess we know at least one costume they will wear.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/44737422

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Longer news about Momoclo and SL Galaxy, more performances

• erimeaerimea

March 2014
    74 Reputation
    today's mezamashi

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    An article about NARASAKI
    http://www.cdjournal.com/main/special/song_of_the_heroines/645/6

He talked about Pinky Jones, Mirai Bowl, LOST CHILD etc.

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    HD

• erimeaerimea

March 2014
    74 Reputation

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    K-Pop group Crayon Pop are accused, in Japan and Korea, of copying momoclo. I thought it was a coincidence at first but... decide for yourself. Looks like they've been slowly ripping them off throughout their career! This is a few months old so sorry if it's been seen/posted.

http://kotaku.com/popular-k-pop-group-accused-of-ripping-off-j-pop-group-1472474844

• March 2014
    904 Reputation
    I know this is being nitpicky but that first photo said that MomoClo started in 2009... May 17th, 2008. ...there, i had to say it. *flips table*

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ I think we talked about it. But since it was before the site crashed it's like it happened in a different dimension haha.

I'm a Crayon Pop fan myself and though the pics have similarities I think it's because they're pretty generic stuff (red tracksuit, christmas tree costume...)
    Crayon pop definitely takes inspiration from J-Pop but they also have their own charm and qualities.

They have some concepts that have nothing to do with Momoclo so nothing to worry about :-bd

• March 2014
    65 Reputation
    ^
    It's a K-pop turf war. All the accusations against them originated in Korea, most likely from the camps of rival K-pop groups or their fans.

Pop culture is too fluid to worry much about "rip-offs". Ideas circulate and get recycled or adopted into a different context all the time. The only thing I know about Crayon Pop is that one song I used to hear everyday at the grocery store. They don't sound anything like Momokuro to me, so I give them a pass.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation

^
    They don't sound anything like Momokuro to me, so I give them a pass.

I've never heard anything that sounds like Momoclo. :p

Rip-off was too strong a word. After watching a few PV's they obviously bear no relation music wise but i don't think the article was stating that. The costume similarities are a little fishy in my opinion but seeing as that's as far as it goes i don't think its an issue to trouble anyone, more of a point which is being raised just cos it can be. Crayon Pop are quite catchy but i have never heard a single K-Pop band i liked, it's all so bland to me. The vocal style, the music. This is just what i've observed so please don't correct me if your a K-Pop fan! >.< I feel uncomfortable talking about it really, like i'm cheating on J-Pop. Oh no i have an urge to listen to Bar Bar Bar again! Must... suppress... K-pop....

Swift topic change...... Doesn't Momoka look cute as a Christmas tree? :p

• March 2014
    38 Reputation

Pop culture is too fluid to worry much about "rip-offs". Ideas circulate and get recycled or adopted into a different context all the time.

Absolutely, and Momoclo themselves are perfect examples of this. I'm a big Crayon Pop fan and I can't wait for their full length album to come out in April. The only way they can be compared to Momoclo is how they stand out from the crowd in the same charming, dorky, colorful way. But they have never consciously stolen ideas from anybody. Their story is a pretty interesting tale of a guy who wanted to form a girl group but had no clue what he was doing.

Oh yeah, Momoka. :)

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    It looks like their going to make a announcement soon.

2014年3月13日5:00~
    March 13, 2014 at 5:00:00 AM JST

http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=798

Wonder what it'll be.

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Azureus said:

2014年3月13日5:00~
    March 13, 2014 at 5:00:00 AM JST

http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=798

重大発表があります。
    早朝ですが、お見逃しのないようにしてください。
    尚、朝が弱い人は無理しないで下さい。

We will announce important information.
    It's early in the morning, but please take a look.
    Please don't push yourself, when you have trouble waking up.

The revolution will break out.
    I'm sorry, I'm probably sleeping.