General Discussion
  • March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    momomofu said:

What singers are you focusing on lately?

Marty:
    I have known BABYMETAL since their debut.
    The member of my band is taking charge of a guitar in their band.

BABYMETAL and METAL CLONE X have some common points.
    The lyrics are comical Japanese words in spite of a metal.

Marty:
    I think that Japanese culture, atmosphere and metal are well suited to each other.
    Therefore, I released "TOKYO JUKEBOX".
    A particularly wonderful aspect of BABYMETAL is to use "youthfulness".
    To tell the truth, I was difficult to imagine how fans would enjoy them.
    It is because young metal fans love sexy women. lol
    Their concept was very interesting, but I thought that some time was necessary until they were evaluated.
    Because they evolved more, I was very glad.
    The striking aspect of BABYMETAL is harmonizing the pop idol song and the metal song.

What do the genuine metal fans think of them?

Marty:
    Though they are crazy, fans will be easy to support them.
    Metal fans will say. "Because a young girls sing the metal songs, Japan is the best."
    Especially American teens are hearing hip-hop. lol
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ozzy Osbourne says "Do you know japanese BABYMETAL" in the United States.

What do you think about fans dancing the metal songs in idol events?

Marty:
    I appeared on Momoclo's concert in 2011. (MomoChri 2011)
    Their fans were more enthusiastic than metal fans. lol
    Their fans always shouted and smelled of sweat.
    I appeared from under a stage and received an enthusiastic cheer like metal fans.
    I was perplexed although I had got used to metal fans' enthusiastic cheer. lol
    "Where is this? What concert is this? Pantera's concert?"
    Momoclo's fans may like a metal.
    However, I think that the metal fans of other countries don't support an idol groups.

Marty:
    I was very glad that I had participated in Momoclo's project.("Mugen no Ai")
    I think that music(melody) is the most important for all the singers.
    Here again, Hyadain san is genius.
    When I heard the his song for the first time, I thought that it was my adventure.
    100 persons' chorus, Strange rhythm, The twisted phrase, Momoclo and My crazy guitar
    It was like I was a dream.
    I did not think that many people heard this song because it was venturous song.
    However, I heard the completed song and I was sure that this song is the "Bohemian Rhapsody" of an idol world.
    I'm not blowing my own horn. lol
    When this song was completed, I replayed Momoclo's song at a high volume in strip theater of Las Vegas.
    It was a very strange scene.

I'm sorry if my poor English is mistaken.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Thanks! English was good, not poor at all. You have an impressive vocabulary, just not 100% on some grammar. :)

However, I think that the metal fans of other countries don't support an idol groups.

NOT TRUE AT ALL MARTY! >:( :-L [-(

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Selection 5 CM

• March 2014
    3398 Reputation
    eyeless was right. The March 11 Momoclo-chan was hilarious :)
    The girls attempting to dance Russian style...
    Plus some more backstage scenes from the Daimei no nai Ongakukai
    Here's my mp4 encode on the HO tracker
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    ^ All the girls were hilarious in that episode. Kanako particularly was on fire that day.

I also don't know if it's the leader aura, her personality or something but the girls are always clinging on (to?) Kanako, which is really cute.

• March 2014
    904 Reputation
    Invader said:

I also don't know if it's the leader aura, her personality or something but the girls are always clinging on (to?) Kanako, which is really cute.

I think this might tie in to how the girls parody Super Sentai/Power Rangers. The Leader is always the most passionate member that is looked up to by the fans due to leadership and their abilities. But even though Kanako's passionate, she's still very carefree and releases a type of aura that allows the others to poke fun at her or even grow attached to her. That's one of Kanako's strong points that creates such a bond with the others which I find very admirable for a leader :D

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I remember how Kanako was the first thing that drew me into Momoclo. Watching them perform the first time on Girls Factory, I saw Kanako smile and though: "That's the most genuine smile I've ever seen".

It makes me happy how even though I've watched tons of videos and performances I still feel the same way about Kanako. She has such light, glow, I don't know what to call it but it's awesome and I hope she never loses it.

Ok, that was corny... quick somebody else say why you love them or one of them :P

• March 2014
    904 Reputation
    Pssh! Who says that's corny! I love MomoClo because they give off that aura that shows you that they will always have fun no matter what kind of situation it is and smile when things become a bit too rough for them. They always know how to pull through even though they shed tears. (This is corny, too so we need another person XD)
    All of the girls have their strong points but sometimes there's always that one member who captures your heart. That's one of the main goals of MomoClo when they're taking over the idol industry and maybe even the entertainment industry in general.

• March 2014
    91 Reputation
    Awn ç.ç the things both Invader and MizukiChan said are so nice <3 <br />At first I was amazed by Momoka's voice that sounded so powerful, and little by little each of the girls caught my heart for diferent reasons. My favorite is Kanako and I can see a little of me in her and a lot of how I wish I could be...
    It's all very corny, but if we continue to be corny together maybe we can become pop corny ok, that was a relly bad pun xD

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation

I think this might tie in to how the girls parody Super Sentai/Power Rangers.

I don't think its a parody, they do it too naturally. Kanako and Shiori are frequently holding eachother even in the background. I could honestly believe they are "ズーレー" in real life, or they are just really close friends.
    image image

(On a side note, I know there is a subbed version of that "2013/12/12 Masahiro Tanaka vs MomoClo". Anyone have a link?)

• March 2014
    904 Reputation
    In Tunnels no Minna-san, Kanako stated Shiorin's affection towards her but said it was one-sided which meant she only sees Momotamai as close friends rather than the "zu-re-" Takaa-san said. All of the girls show affection towards one another but can be seen as either really close relationship or a fanservice/"Zu-Re-" relationship depending on how the fans see it. I remember someone mentioned that Akarin once thought that Shiorin was a zu-re- but Shiorin denies such statements in Tunnels. And it isn't just Momotamai even though the two are the closest to one another. They all just have different ways of showing affection. (Kanako even considers herself a tsundere considering how she acts about Shiorin's feelings towards her)

and here's the link: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=67327

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I rarely watch Meringue no Kimochi, but somehow I miss her in that show

She sure does bring happy aura wherever she goes (corny#4)

• dmkdmk

March 2014
    104 Reputation
    I'll jump on the cornwagon too!

Kanako's just the best. I got into her the same as Invader, thinking wow her smile is so genuine, but it was in the Otome Sensou MV. She just seems so genuine and care-free, no way I'd randomly dance around while shopping or sing in quiet areas!

Btw how long did it take you guys to realise the blue guy in the middle is kwkm? I didn't realise until more recently than I care to admit :P

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Animelo Summer Live 2014 -ONENESS-
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/112298
    Date:August 29, 30, 31
    Venue:Saitama Super Arena

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo Chan Toki wo Kakeru Go-shoku no Combat DVD/Blu-ray

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Kanako crying always gets to me. Probably because she always tries so hard not to cry.

From the reports about Kokuritsu I think they all got a little teary when they came out. Momoka is getting better at not crying, she just looks like she's thinking: "C'mon Momoka you can do it, don't cry" But of course then there was the birthday celebration... in case she thought she was going to make it without shedding a tear.

• March 2014
    28 Reputation
    Invader said:

Kanako crying always gets to me. Probably because she always tries so hard not to cry.

From the reports about Kokuritsu I think they all got a little teary when they came out. Momoka is getting better at not crying, she just looks like she's thinking: "C'mon Momoka you can do it, don't cry" But of course then there was the birthday celebration... in case she thought she was going to make it withoud shedding a tear.

Ha!!

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Invader said:

I remember how Kanako was the first thing that drew me into Momoclo. Watching them perform the first time on Girls Factory, I saw Kanako smile and though: "That's the most genuine smile I've ever seen".

It makes me happy how even though I've watched tons of videos and performances I still feel the same way about Kanako. She has such light, glow, I don't know what to call it but it's awesome and I hope she never loses it.

Ok, that was corny... quick somebody else say why you love them or one of them :P

I don't know why every time she smile or laugh always makes me love her even more.

Making of Akarin e Okuru Uta also got me in tears especially when kanako had to sing her part.

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    【特別展の応援団】ももいろクローバーZ【メッセージ】

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    They look quite mature here (from Reni's ameblo):