General Discussion
  • May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoclo will introduce a face authenticating method and a face authenticating system as the new personal identification method from NISSAN Stadium concert.

• Maka

May 2014
    30 Reputation
    Well that gonna suck for the overseas fan....

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    Invader said:

That woman does not approve of what Kanako is doing

Isn't that Teshirogi, their PR person?

• Lak

May 2014
    122 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Momoclo will introduce a face authenticating method and a face authenticating system as the new personal identification method from NISSAN Stadium concert.

I don't see the point of this. If you bought a ticket, it shouldn't matter who you are. I can understand if it was an AE exclusive event but its ridiculous to do for other concerts. I don't think this will help anything.

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    So now the only way to get a ticket really is to join the fan club...

We should make a petition saying we want better accessibility for overseas fans because we're willing to pay top dollar to go to Japan to see momoclo and they should respect that.

Hmmmmmm, not a half bad idea... As if stardust would listen though. ¬_¬

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'm going to assume the whole authentication system is to prevent people re-selling tickets. I know that's a huge problem in my country (and I've read about it being a problem in USA too). Some people or websites buy a lot of tickets, leaving the fans without any, so people who want to see the group have to pay the insane amount the re-seller is demanding.

I don't know if that happens in Japan, but maybe management is worried that with how popular Momoclo is, some people would try to take advange of the real fans.

That's the only explanation I can think of at least.

• May 2014
    904 Reputation
    most likely considering those resellers exist all over the world and will do anything to get a profit for the tickets. And considering the popularity, more and more fans are desperate for tickets even if they run out, causing them to go to second-hand shops. Some fans were actually lucky that they sold standing seats for Summer Dive 2011. Overseas fans are at a loss for this new system unless they truly have someone who can accompany them to the venue and explain the situation but I doubt that will help them. Hopefully management will try to get everything to work out for everyone.

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    Japan isn't set up for foreigners. Even if Stardust wanted to sell tickets internationally they probably couldn't find a bank able to handle the payments, nor a lawyer who'd tell them it's ok.

• May 2014
    904 Reputation
    still... dreams ruined for a lot of overseas fans... TTATT

• Maka

May 2014
    30 Reputation
    Good news is that this new system is set up for AE member who buying AE member area or AE event only. So it wouldn't affect those with normal seat ticket :) ! Well that's what some people on the Facebook group said anyway.

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Fans will not have the influence by change of personal identification method.
    Many audiences are not targeted for the personal identification method. Maybe...
    Probably they would introduce the system to smoothen work.
    It is not different from old personal identification method.
    That is, it is not difficult for fans to get a ticket.

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ももクロ 2014-05-13 速報 新曲ランキング まとめ

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

May 2014
    111 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

May 2014
    1470 Reputation
    2014 0510 じゃじゃじゃTV

• AzureusAzureus

May 2014
    1470 Reputation
    「おじゃまっテレ ワイド」玉井詩織 140510

Youtube is short.

Youku has the rest

• May 2014
    22 Reputation
    The new system doesn't really change anything from the one they had for a few concerts now, where you had to present personal identification at the gate. This new change seems to only be for making things run smoother -- the ID checking caused some major mess at the larger shows (Momokuri's start time was delayed by an hour because it took that long to get everyone in when I was there last year).

• AzureusAzureus

May 2014
    1470 Reputation
    2014 0508 IBCニュースエコー

Didn't know Kanoko and shiori like wasabi, I tried it but I couldn't stand it.

• OM617OM617

May 2014
    176 Reputation
    Invader said:

I'm going to assume the whole authentication system is to prevent people re-selling tickets. I know that's a huge problem in my country (and I've read about it being a problem in USA too). Some people or websites buy a lot of tickets, leaving the fans without any

Could it have been a problem for quite a while?

Waratte Iitomo 2012/06/04

• May 2014
    60 Reputation
    Yes, resell market for tickets in japan is, to my knowledge, on of the biggest in the world. There are literally tons of professional ticket resellers. This causes exiorbitant prices in some cases. Tickets are more expensive the better the seat position also. Front row for some really popular act could cost you up to a few 1000$ in some cases.
    The side effect is, of course, that it is relatively simple to get tickets as a foreigner on the resell market...if you have the cash that is.
    But also the same goes for the Japanese, which also have to rely on resell tickets, because the regular ones are just sold out instantly in some cases.

So, what Momoclo management is doing here, is actually really helping their fans save a lot of money, in trade of convienience I guess.

(Mind you, I do not live in japan. Info comes from a business contact who also did some ticket trading in the past though)

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    Even though we've discussed this issue a lot we've never actually come up with a solution apart from, use a Japanese person to get your fan club membership and then get them to get your ticket. That said, this can't affect us that much since we never had any real idea about getting tickets anyway. :P

Also remember we have a thread for this discussion so future fans can reference our findings! [EDIT] I now see the important stuff has been moved over. :p